SUGGESTION: STAN LEE

duckman

No connection with the other guests attending or suggested but I would love to meet Mr Stan (the man) Lee. I am sure that he would be a great guest for this kind of event! He loves what he does and has great stories to tell!

I take it you mean Stan Lee - as in the comics? If so he would be a lot more suited to LFCC (comic convention) rather than Autographica

Yes Stan (the man) Lee (There is another?!)

Can’t sit down and have a meal and a chat with him at LFCC though… or can I? I thought this event didn’t have a theme as such that it was ‘generally a mixed bag of space guests, special interest guests, and your usual actors/actresses and tv/film guests etc.’

He created the Fantastic 4… They were Astronauts… :WINCE:

actually, I personally give kudos to Jack Kirby for coming up with so many memorable and amazing characters! Stan Lee is credited as co-creator ...anyway, I sent Stan Lee a letter with a photo for him to sign... 6 days turn-around time! couldn't believe it! ..terrific man/icon!

actually, I personally give kudos to Jack Kirby for coming up with so many memorable and amazing characters! Stan Lee is credited as co-creator ...anyway, I sent Stan Lee a letter with a photo for him to sign... 6 days turn-around time! couldn't believe it! ..terrific man/icon!

Yes, I would love to …but I couldn’t request Jack Kirby. Sssshhhhh! This may well start off the whole Stan lee/ Steve Ditko thing!

Do you mind me asking which address you posted out to? And the method you used? S.A.E or those stamp redemption vouchers?

Can’t sit down and have a meal and a chat with him at LFCC though… or can I?

He created the Fantastic 4… They were Astronauts… :D

Cant sit down for a meal with John Hurt either who incidentally played an spaceman too and was at LFCC.

Can’t sit down and have a meal and a chat with him at LFCC though… or can I?

He created the Fantastic 4… They were Astronauts… :D

Cant sit down for a meal with John Hurt either who incidentally played an spaceman too and was at LFCC.

;) I seem to be finding my self-having to explain my choice I thought others would agree with it. clearly not… Firstly the reason I suggested him for this event is because I will be attending I don’t go to every event organised.. So naturally I will suggest it to this forum, rather than another event I have no intention of attending.

And secondly I find the man fascinating, he is a great speaker, has a great sense of humour and like it or not… he is the face of silver age Marvel. He has so many stories that he is happy to relay, and I don’t think it’s the same as meeting him over a table… Start asking him about a character and he will talk in great length about it, now that’s not going to be the same when you have a line of people behind you waiting to meet him as well. That’s why I thought he would be suitable for this event, he can chat about anything over a meal and a drink afterwards… Sorry if this seemed like a ludicrous suggestion.. It’s not like its going to happen folks.

Firstly the reason I suggested him for this event is because I will be attending I don’t go to every event organised.. So naturally I will suggest it to this forum, rather than another event I have no intention of attending.

He has so many stories that he is happy to relay, and I don’t think it’s the same as meeting him over a table… Start asking him about a character and he will talk in great length about it, now that’s not going to be the same when you have a line of people behind you waiting to meet him as well. .. It’s not like its going to happen folks.

The same could be said about any talkative fan-friendly guest though about what great lengths they could go on about a certain film/character etc. At LFCC that's what the talks are for. I'd love to have a long chat with John Hurt but realise he's in high demand so that aint gonna happen.

SM need to make money and be successful so they need to bring a guest like Stan to a con where SM and he can please as many fans as possible. The fact is there would be a huge demand for Stan Lee - it makes better sense to bring him to LFCC where he is more easily accessible. We'd all like to have dinner and a long chat with him but due to his on-going popularity it aint gonna happen cos it means so many people would miss out due to him spending so much time with individual fans.

With all due respect, saying you want him for Autographica and no other event cos you dont intend on going to them seems to be kinda selfish and asking a lot - beggars can't be choosers after all and the masses would want him for LFCC anyway. Stan Lee is also a fanboy favourite - fanboys dont do Autographica I dont think, but rather LFCC.

And if it's not going to happen, as you said, then why talk about it in so much detail? Don't get me wrong, I'd like to met him too but I think LFCC would be better.

Edited by nicky

Firstly the reason I suggested him for this event is because I will be attending I don’t go to every event organised.. So naturally I will suggest it to this forum, rather than another event I have no intention of attending.

He has so many stories that he is happy to relay, and I don’t think it’s the same as meeting him over a table… Start asking him about a character and he will talk in great length about it, now that’s not going to be the same when you have a line of people behind you waiting to meet him as well. .. It’s not like its going to happen folks.

The same could be said about any talkative fan-friendly guest though about what great lengths they could go on about a certain film/character etc. At LFCC that's what the talks are for. I'd love to have a long chat with John Hurt but realise he's in high demand so that aint gonna happen.

SM need to make money and be successful so they need to bring a guest like Stan to a con where SM and he can please as many fans as possible. The fact is there would be a huge demand for Stan Lee - it makes better sense to bring him to LFCC where he is more easily accessible. We'd all like to have dinner and a long chat with him but due to his on-going popularity it aint gonna happen cos it means so many people would miss out due to him spending so much time with individual fans.

With all due respect, saying you want him for Autographica and no other event cos you dont intend on going to them seems to be kinda selfish and asking a lot - beggars can't be choosers after all and the masses would want him for LFCC anyway.

And if it's not going to happen, as you said, then why talk about it in so much detail? Don't get me wrong, I'd like to met him too but I think LFCC would be better.

It’s an opinion, you know? I say “Oh I would like to meet Stan Lee†And then others say†Oh yes, I would like that also†Now rather than opening a thread called “ wouldn’t meeting Stan lee be cool†I thought I would at least make a suggestion out of it. Who knows stranger things have happened.

To call me selfish by stating that I want a guest to attend an event I have paid for is frankly STUPID (With all due respect) ‘beggars can't be choosers’ you make it sound like I won my ticket in a raffle… I have paid like everyone else and have as much right to suggest as guest as everyone else. I am really not concerned with what the masses want, I haven’t booked the guy… I merely stated that I would love to meet him at an event I am attending. The reason I went into detail is because you can’t seem to grasp me wanting to meet the guy.

Seriously. Move on because despite the detail in my threads I really don’t care what you think.

NUFF SAID!

To call me selfish by stating that I want a guest to attend an event I have paid for is frankly STUPID. I am really not concerned with what the masses want.

Aw, c'mon, dont be angry with me!! Sorry about the selfish thing, I didnt know what other word to use but asking for a guest to go to a specific con cos you never go to the other (when everyone else does) seems a bit...:D

You've paid up for Autographica 12 already? But then if so wasnt that your choice, you now run the risk of SM not getting guests you like?

Also wanted to add that Stan Lee is a fanboy favourite - fanboys dont do Autographica I dont think, but rather LFCC. I'm not criticising your suggestion, rather just saying it would be better at LFCC - a big profile event for a big profile man that more people would want to meet than you can fit in Autographica's venue.

Just my thoughts on a public discussion board. ;)

Edited by nicky

To call me selfish by stating that I want a guest to attend an event I have paid for is frankly STUPID. I am really not concerned with what the masses want.

Aw, c'mon, dont be angry with me!! Sorry about the selfish thing, I didnt know what other word to use but asking for a guest to go to a specific con cos you never go to the other (when everyone else does) seems a bit...:D

You've paid up for Autographica 12 already? But then if so wasnt that your choice, you now run the risk of SM not getting guests you like?

Also wanted to add that Stan Lee is a fanboy favourite - fanboys dont do Autographica I dont think, but rather LFCC. I'm not criticising your suggestion, rather just saying it would be better at LFCC - a big profile event for a big profile man that more people would want to meet than you can fit in Autographica's venue.

Just my thoughts on a public discussion board. ;)

No angry isn’t the word I would use… I was somewhat stunned as to having to explain my choice of guest… On a forum were politicians merits are argued I didn’t think I would have to explain wanting to ‘invite’ a guest that has been part responsible for a great many of the sci-fi/ fantasy movies of late… Not to mention the string of animated/ live action tv shows and more importantly comics for almost 50 years… I know of at least one astronomer that is a keen FF fan, a minimal number perhaps but never the less a comic that Stan co created.

I posted a question about a week ago asking if there was a particular theme to the Autogrphica events and I was told that it was generally a mixed bag of guests, so I pondered and seeing as I had already suggested Bruce Campbell.. I thought I would suggest the other man I would like to meet.

Now, I have been to other event four so far this year one of them being Autographica 11 … but as far as meeting the guests, I was very pleased with the Autographica way of doing it. Being able to chat to them over dinner won me over. So naturally I will suggest a guest I would like to meet at my favourite type of convention… I’m hardly going to suggest a guest for another convention when I’m attending this one am I? So there was no need for that.

I guess I am a fan boy, but I know a great convention when I attend it, so it’s only natural that I would suggest a guest I want to meet at a convention I like. I don’t think you experience the real Stan Lee in a convention were you shake hands and get an autograph and then you are moved along for the next person. Anyway, I’m tired of this, he is my choice Whoever SM choose I am sure it will be a great line who ever turns up. Ill know better next time.

I clearly support duckman's call for Stan Lee. Whilst I am not a major fan, I still see him as a suitable guest and don't understand anyone who doesn't. Autographica is largely an event for the more 'mature' attendees and guests, plus given Mr Lee's contribution to popular culture, the suggestion for his attendance is sustained I think.

duckman.... yep, a SASE ...found address of his agent online (sorry, didn't bookmark it) ...wrote a long letter referencing his Silver Age work ...6 days!!!!! can you believe this??????? and printing up a pic I wanted him to sign ...great man!

I think you're all wrong about everything

LMFAO :D

I fully understand everyone’s comments, but look at the type of current attendees/guests to Autographica they are the more mature range (mind, age, etc...) it is really nice relaxed outing in a very nice posh hotel. Do you really think it would be appropriate to have Stan Lee (and yes I am a massive fan of his work) at Autographica and have thousands of 'Fanboys' running riot and not everyone getting to meet him? It would spoil everything that Autographica is about.

Yes it's a fantastic suggestion, just not for this event. If you want meet comic book guests attend LFCC SM are planning on real big things for this event and now that they have got the film part established they are looking to strengthen the comic side of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull of a fantastic comic book guest for that even in the near future.

I have attended Autographica in the past, although I will admit that I have never done the evening meal thing, but if I recall there is no guarantee you will sit with the guest that you want and as you can appreciate having someone like Stan Lee he would be in high demand and wouldn't be able to eat his alphabet soup and you could not count on sitting at his table.

I don't think you are having to explain yourself to others, you posted your views in a public forum they haven't been shot down in flames just more of a guidance on such where such posting would be more appreciated and have more of a positive reception.

As per Sheindie post, if you really want his autograph he does respond to mail and written requests. His mailing address is available on the net I won't post the link as I am not sure if it will break any forum rules (*hint* - search for fan mail). It's not meeting the man but at least you can get his autograph for your collection.