New Star Trek XI posters

Purple Cheese Monkey

oooh I really don't like it. Not Trek enough- where are the uniforms/ combadges?!?! The whole meaning of Trek!! It just looks like 2 people n a guy with a face tattoo in what looks similar to a Trek logo...

oooh I really don't like it. Not Trek enough- where are the uniforms/ combadges?!?! The whole meaning of Trek!! It just looks like 2 people n a guy with a face tattoo in what looks similar to a Trek logo...

Well it's a prequel and the had no combadges back in the day of Kirk :wub:

Uniforms... In the poster, looks like Zachary Quinto is wearing a starfleet uniform similar to the one Spock wore in the original series, blue with a black collar.

However I do agree that the overall poster doesn't show enough Trek stuff, his uniform is barely noticable and the only things Trek about the poster are the ears and the Starfleet logo.

This is a link to a preview of a new ST:XI poster that is being given away at Comic Con.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20213200_3,00.html

I still see Zach as Sylar though, despite the ears...

What do you guys think?

I actually think he looks rather like Spock and when I see him dressed as spock I don't see him as Sylar, and I'm sure we won't when watching him play spock in the movie either, he won't be giving any of those great evil looks he does when playing Sylar, instead will be a logical emotionless character :P

QuintoSpock2.jpg

^See look, very spock like, and there's the uniform ;) ^

I don't think there'll be to much of a problem confusing him with Sylar. I honestly don't think they could have chosen better for the role of Spock.

That poster does look a bit odd though, unless I'd been told I wouldn't have had a clue that was a Star Trek poster.

• 4 weeks later...

Another new poster... (or rather 4 separate, stuck together for this pic)

star-trek-posters-2.jpg

I guess Sulu, Scotty, McCoy and Chekov... Again, I don't see any hint of uniforms or Trek stuff...

Edit, and I found another version...

trekmovieposter1.jpg

Edited by Lizzy

Is it just me or does Simon Pegg look black lol?

Oh that's who it is?! I was just about to post about none of those characters being black and being confused at this lol.

Is it just me or does Simon Pegg look black lol?

Oh that's who it is?! I was just about to post about none of those characters being black and being confused at this lol.

What about Uhura?

I meant the ones in that particular poster who are all men :whistling: