BTTF poster topic

dijon1322

so im thinking of purchasing 3 original posters of BTTF 1,2 AND 3 COSTING NEARLY 250 FOR THREE POSTERS

question is they are collectors items in themselves do you guys think by having christopher lloyd sign them would increase there value or damage them value wise?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

I would say if you like them, buy them anyway - chances are, if they're signed or not you're never gonna part with them! I know I wouldnt lol

i am doing the same mate and if you look at real auction not ebay fake stuff the you see it only gos up when its singed buy major cast members

for me its the only time i am going to get the chance so i am trying to buy a original trek 3 poster as well

i am doing this with john landiss as well

so looking forward to meeting them both :unsure:

fanboy moment :YAHOO:

jason :YAHOO:

I almost got an original Back to the Future poster (£150) to for Lea Thompson to sign, but I ran out of money. I think I will just buy a reprint for LFCC. However I am getting a few original posters signed at LFCC such as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Edited by Manbeast

purchasing 3 original posters of BTTF 1,2 AND 3 COSTING NEARLY 250 FOR THREE POSTERS

Thats a lot to spend, why not just get one poster? I think I'd go for Part II as Llyod is on the poster and I think it's a great, great sequel cleverly intergrating scenes from the first film. But then again, I like the first film's poster best...the original and most famous poster.

Edited by nicky

Hand on heart ? III is the best movie for entertainment value. It's still the only film I have seen get a standing ovation in a cinema. However, I got Lea Thompson to sign the poster for the first one - a classic movie image. I'm not too bothered that CL is not pictured on it as his name is on the credits at the bottom. Same with David Warner and my omen poster.

Hand on heart ? III is the best movie for entertainment value. It's still the only film I have seen get a standing ovation in a cinema.

For real? I thought that kinda s*** only happens in America. It's my least favourite of the three.

Hand on heart ? III is the best movie for entertainment value. It's still the only film I have seen get a standing ovation in a cinema.

For real? I thought that kinda s*** only happens in America. It's my least favourite of the three.

I thought that as well - which is what made it all the more surprising. Definitely a III fan though - even now.

i agree with keithporter23, if you buy them then chances are you wont part with them anyway :unsure:

my fave is the first film just because i saw it in the cinema at least 20 times due to a HUGE school girl crush on Michael J Fox :P

My vote is, if you have the spare cash then buy all 3 and get them signed.

I would however suggest that if the are ORIGINAL posters then speak to Mick at MSPG (or someone else knowlageable) on the day to suggest what to get the signatures done in. I know a lot of people with genuine original posters use pencil as it is least likely to rot the poster over time. But it is personal choice.

Have fun :unsure:

Edited by Gerrysgirl

Look at it this way i have an original Return Of The Jedi poster i paid £200 for it i had Carrie Fisher £25, Mark Hamill £85 and Billy Dee Williams £20 sign it, total £335 for the lot, i love the poster and the signatures on them all obtained by me and will never part with it.

I have been offered £500.

My point being it cant hurt getting the major cast members to sign an original item, if you want investment please only get the main cast on it.

Good Luck with the decision.

My point being it cant hurt getting the major cast members to sign an original item, if you want investment please only get the main cast on it.

And you need to think just how realistic you think your chances are that you'll met MJF one day.

i am doing this with john landiss as well

so looking forward to meeting them both ;)

fanboy moment :YAHOO:

jason :D

Rather than start a new thread, I am after an American Werewolf in London poster preferably original but I am not having any joy :YAHOO: Can anyone suggest anywhere? I have tried Ebay but had no joy, I know it's cutting it short but I have exhausted all the avenues that I can think of.

Thanking everyone in advance

I am after an American Werewolf in London poster preferably original

A film poster from 1981 and original is gonna be expensive and harder to find. You'd best go for a repro. What is it about originals that people find so important?

Go to http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_product_st...J3RP97AGMWMBBKB

You are cutting it short though to order from them but that's probably the best you would have got.

I am after an American Werewolf in London poster preferably original

A film poster from 1981 and original is gonna be expensive and harder to find. You'd best go for a repro. What is it about originals that people find so important?

Go to http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_product_st...J3RP97AGMWMBBKB

You are cutting it short though to order from them but that's probably the best you would have got.

Yeh I looked at there site, I like to use originals where possible it's just my own personal taste. I did see a Japanese poster which had a yellow back ground and the seller stated they was used to send around the cinema's. Although it looked cool I was a bit suspect if it was a print or original as I don't know much about the old Japanese posters (I guess it could be original as I guess back in the day on limited money in Japan they might produce such a poster).

Cheers for the info

I have 3 original UK quads of BTTF I, II, III which I had Lea Thompson sign at Collectormania.

Got Charles Fleischer to sign Part II poster too - as he played Terry in that movie.

Going to get Chris to sign all 3 too.

MJF is certainly a very hard one to get, but not impossible. It'll probably be the last one I get to complete these!

Hi all just a word of warning really if you ordered anything from moviemarket recently eg Back to the future original posters, the dark knight posters? then id advise you ring them to make sure they will arrive before the show , i ordered load of BTTF posters and the dark knight then rng just to make sure and the advisor said some might be on back order , so i thought better check which are coming from america and guess what every blimmin poster was having to be ordered as theyve ran out i asked her will they be with us before weekend and the out look was not i good, i cancelled my order and are now seeking alternative places for original BTTF Posters

word of warning ring em if you think everything hunkydori because you might not see your stuff till way after weekend

also anyone know where i can get a authentic BTTF 1 poster please post thanks

Hi all just a word of warning really if you ordered anything from moviemarket recently eg Back to the future original posters, the dark knight posters? then id advise you ring them to make sure they will arrive before the show , i ordered load of BTTF posters and the dark knight then rng just to make sure and the advisor said some might be on back order , so i thought better check which are coming from america and guess what every blimmin poster was having to be ordered as theyve ran out i asked her will they be with us before weekend and the out look was not i good, i cancelled my order and are now seeking alternative places for original BTTF Posters

word of warning ring em if you think everything hunkydori because you might not see your stuff till way after weekend

also anyone know where i can get a authentic BTTF 1 poster please post thanks

I am looking for one myself, i've had email contact with the people at moviemarket and it seems most of there stuff is in the USA at the moment and are waiting for it to be sent over so its slim chance for it to arrive ready for the convention. From one BTTF poster to another 'Best of Luck'