Convention Virgin.

The fear flowing through me will be crippling when I go, as I've never been to a convention and I will be going by myself.

I have a few questions :

Are the guests reliable and likely to turn up?

I'm considering getting a silver ticker, have they sold out yet?

Will regular tickets sell out?

Have park inn rooms all gone?

Will you be nice? :)

- Maya x

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Hey Maya :(

Firstly, welcome! :P Hope you have a great time here.

Secondly, feel free to introduce yourself in this topic HERE and get to know people.

As for your questions:

Sometimes they can cancel before an event unfortunately due to work committments, but we'll be informed of that, and they often get replaced. That's unfortunately not under anyones control.

I'm considering getting a silver ticket, have they sold out yet?

As far as I know, they're not.

They can do, but that'd take a while. It'd probably be fairly near the event if it does happen.

It's always worth contacting them in case someone has cancelled and one has become free. But they probably are.

I'm sure everyone will be. We're all a talkative bunch - slightly scary at times, but in a fun way!

Hey Maya! Glad to see new users here!

Eclipse 1 was my first proper convention (I had been to LFCC before), and I had a great time! I also went on my own, and made a lot of friends!!

For Eclipse 2, I will again be going on my own, but plan on meeting up with people that I met last time..

I have a room booked at the Park Inn. and it is a twin room, but so far I haven't spoken to anyone else about sharing, so if your having trouble getting a room, and u wanna share the cost, lemme know!

Oh, I also bought a Silver pass, so yea, I recommend that one! hehe

BTW, great to see that ur a Maya fan, i LOVE Dania, and she would be my #1 guest if she was announced for Eclipse 2 (well, maybe #2 guest after Ali Larter/Zach Quinto, lol!)

Edited by Phoenix Will Rise

The fear flowing through me will be crippling when I go, as I've never been to a convention and I will be going by myself.

I have a few questions :

I'm considering getting a silver ticker, have they sold out yet?

- Maya x

The guests availability is down to blind luck. Recently, a lot of organisers have been suffering from a run of cancellations. The possible actors strike in Hollywood makes things more uncertain (although the strike itself is not looking so likely now). That said, good organisers (and I definitely include Showmasters in that group) will make every effort to replace guests who cannot come. The advice is to not book for any one guest, as you're putting all your eggs in one basket, but if you just love Heroes, you can be pretty certain that you will get a decent line up at this event.

I heard they were selling very well, so if they are not sold out, then they will be very limited. That said, the normal pass is still well worth getting (great value if you're on a tight budget).

Yes, regular tickets will probably sell out... if I remember right, they sold out a few weeks before the last event. There will probably be an announcement on here when they do.

I heard that they had, but as people cancel, you might be able to get put on a waiting list. That said, the Ibis is very nearby (easily walkable) and is possibly a nicer hotel.

Yes... we're great! I've been to lots and lots of weekend conventions as well as most Showmasters signing events. The first Eclipse was easily one of the best conventions that I've ever been to.

Thanks alot :)

- Maya x

No probs, if ur on facebook and wanna chat, feel free to add me:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590444601

The link only takes me to my homepage :angel:

I think I found him, and added him.

At least I hope I did.

Are you from Brigton, Phoenix will Rise?

- Maya x

No probs, if ur on facebook and wanna chat, feel free to add me:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590444601

The link only takes me to my homepage :dance:

At least I hope I did.

- Maya x

Edited by MayaHerrera

I went to Eclipse on my own but i'd chatted to people and switched numbers beforehand and i made loads of really great mates and eclipse 2 is going to be fab i think pretty much everyone i've met at diff cons this year is going can't wait

We are a super friendly bunch of misfits who always welcome more mates you'll have a fab time eclipse 1 rocked :)

At least I hope I did.

- Maya x

Nope, from London... dunno why the link seemed to re-direct to someone else... how odd...

You can add me by searching for my email address:

joe.leonard@btinternet.com

I can't, for my life, find you. So can you find me? :)

Liam Spencer, Sheffield.

- Maya x

I went to Eclipse on my own but i'd chatted to people and switched numbers beforehand and i made loads of really great mates and eclipse 2 is going to be fab i think pretty much everyone i've met at diff cons this year is going can't wait

We are a super friendly bunch of misfits who always welcome more mates you'll have a fab time eclipse 1 rocked :)

E1 was my first con been 2 signings but it was my first weekend con anywho went on my larry but met wyn/sam crazy ass b!tch (stay away :pyth: ), Jen jen, Laura, Sio and her little chavy sis michala who's actually older than me :whistling: loves you all long time and I met some other people at other events like Ran, Mary, Kat and of-course Nik. What i'm saying is your meet some great peps who you will befriend and be best of mates :blink: AND BRING ON E2!!!

At least I hope I did.

- Maya x

Nope, from London... dunno why the link seemed to re-direct to someone else... how odd...

You can add me by searching for my email address:

joe.leonard@btinternet.com

I can't, for my life, find you. So can you find me? :)

Liam Spencer, Sheffield.

- Maya x

Hey, think I found u and added u... lol... facebook can be soo complicated to find people, cant it!!