thank you all for coming...

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

thanks for making the convention such a success, without you all it wouldn't have been possible!

For all of you who attended the whole convention, you will all know that the on stage sketch was the funniest, craziest thing we have ever seen! I hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did. It's this kind of thing that really makes the event special and unique.

Our main aim this weekend was to get the fans and the guests closer to each other, as we feel conventions over the last few years have become too commercial and corporate. We wanted to change all this and have the guests hang out with you the fans as Chris did on Saturday night (until 4am!) talking to the fans, which was really cool.

We could only get four guests this time as we only sold 300 tickets, but the guests we did have made the convention so special. For the next convention we will work hard to improve the ticket sales so we can have more guests, and if we have the six guests as we plan to, it will fill the schedule perfectly. So as you can see we want to improve the convention for the next one.

We will also be having a new DJ who is more used to playing convention music, as I know this was an issue this time around. We know this is very important to you all and we do listen to your comments. This will be rectified for the next show.

This was the first Stargate convention for us and we learnt a lot from this weekend. We have lots of ideas for the next one and I know that with your help we will make the convention amazing.

One last thing, at the next convention we are working on bringing cast from both SG-1 and Atlantis as lots of you have asked us for this.

Once again thank you all for making the convention so much fun. It was really nice making some more friends and getting to know you all a bit better.

See you at the next one.

Jason :smile:

No..thank you :) I've had a wonderful weekend, and that is mostly thanks to the hard work that you guys put into this. Maybe we "only" had four guests, and maybe we were "only" three hundred people - but I enjoyed myself! As did my friends. This was a wonderful event, and the size of it made it all more intimate.

I've laughed, I've been singing, I've been dancing, I've hugged Chris :smile: I've been sexually stimulated Sam carter on stage, and I've been deeply shocked (Auction, dinner...wow!). I've had a blast.

So, from one of the few Danes that attended.

Thank you :)

No..thank you :) I've had a wonderful weekend, and that is mostly thanks to the hard work that you guys put into this. Maybe we "only" had four guests, and maybe we were "only" three hundred people - but I enjoyed myself! As did my friends. This was a wonderful event, and the size of it made it all more intimate.

I've laughed, I've been singing, I've been dancing, I've hugged Chris :P I've been sexually stimulated Sam carter on stage, and I've been deeply shocked (Auction, dinner...wow!). I've had a blast.

So, from one of the few Danes that attended.

Thank you :)

I agree, it was a great first convention for me :P I liked the fact that it wasn't too busy/crowded, sure it would've been great to have more guests but the ones we had were great.

I laughed, didn't sing or dance, nor was I a sexually stimulated Carter, but indeed I was shocked at the auction dinner, and I think even "wow" is an understatement lol. Shame Michael couldn't have been there for the audition, would've been great if he and Chris :smile: could act out that scene too :P

Shame I couldn't be there but couldn't miss Father's Day! Great to see that a DJ more au fait with convention music will be used in future. I hope s/he will be there for The Hub! That was one thing that was seriously lacking at Eclipse and I rather suspected the Stargate crowd would find it equally a big miss at Chevron 7. Also great to see that not only will next year's be in March (hope that's not the Mother's Day weekend!) and that Atlantis guests will be invited too. Yay! As long as The Hub has made improvements on the (quite a few) areas I was unhappy with at Eclipse, I'll be there :)

Any chance, though, that the stage might be raised a little? Looking at the few photos I've seen, it looks as if everything is still very low down :smile: I'm quite tiny but even with a Gold ticket, it was still difficult to see everything.

Thanks so much for a fantastic weekend!

This was like the old days of cons, much more personal, much more about having fun with each other and getting a chance to chat to the actors. It felt very relaxed. Also, I was impressed that you sorted out the stage lighting on Sunday - it was much better, please keep it like that next time :-)

I admit I had my worries beforehand - I'm so glad I came anyway - one of my favourite events ever!

Edited by findo

Thank you so much for this con. I've never laughed so much. I felt it was wonderful (obviously apart from the one glich - the DJ ). The guests were tremendous and I've chatted to so many people, which is what you do in a Q isn't it? You chat, actor watch :WINCE: and share con and actor stories. It's so much fun to be with a bunch of people who love the same thing.

I had a total blast and I'm personally very glad you only had 300 attendees and you, imo, couldn't have done better with the guests. They were just what I needed. THANKYOU guys so much :D

If you have 6 guests next time that's just fine. Please a request though one day get back Michael and Chris. Have to see those guys again.

I would love to see Carmen again...he was sooooooooo great and friendly...a real hit with everyone....

I really liked the 2 people at a time during the talks, made it lots of fun, but do think they should have gone on for longer...(and that Gary Jones was made to shut up at times - he was the only thing that annoyed me about the weekend - he was great when on his own doing stand up - but other times just kept interupting people.)

I loved the audition sketch - rip-roaringly funny. I think it would have been nice before hand if we could have also had a Q&A with all of them first as well...or perhaps I'm just being greedy - who knows??

On the sat night it might have been fun to get some games started before the stars arrived and then they could come and watch and laugh at us, (and even be tempted to join in if everyone was already in full swing)...that could be a good way of breaking the ice, and then separate off to the bar for chats or whatever...perhaps less intimidating for them and us then?????

It was so great that Michael made the effort to come for such a short time...he obviously had lots on but was still willing to do it and we all appreciated that - to have him at all was a bonus...and him and chris together for the talk - side-splittingly brilliant!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Role on next year - already upgraded to Gold for that one!!!

PS To Jason - re publicity and stuff - this was my first convention and what led me to you was an ad in SFX - so that works, if that's any help!?!

Please, please please can we have a DVD of this one - or at least access to the footage - if it's just a case of getting someone to do it - I will and for free!!!

Edited by trick of the tail

Hi Guys, just wanted to pop on and say thank you for giving me such a fun weekend :WAVE: .

I realise you must have had qualms about going ahead when you knew Michael had to leave early, but you went ahead and we had a blast. His leaving early did not detract from the weeked at all, as every effort was made to ensure we all got time with him before leaving, be it at the cocktail party (which I was not at :WINCE:, gold ticket for me next time), at the photo sessions, or at the signings.

The other guests were great, although of course every one is going to have their favourites, and have those they wish they could have heard more from, that's just human nature.

This was my first weekend con, and thanks to you guys will not be my last. I really enjoyed myself.

In the quieter moments, we made some fantastic new friends, whom we will be keeping in touch with, and we also used those times for the boring essentials of life such as food.

The closing session was so much fun, and although this is a post to congratulate you guys on an amazing weekend, I feel mention must be made of JCB. She was a star in her own right.

I have met her before, and although I know others may not agree, I have never found her anything but a true professional. This weekend however I did get to speak to her again, and as usual, she was polite, friendly and charming, and the effort she put into the 'audition segment' gave so many of us the best laugh we have had in a long time. I do hope that we get to see more of her in the future, and not just in the capacity we normally see her, doing the fantastic job she does with the stars.

I do know there were things that could have been done in other ways, that may have suited some others better. However we all know you are never going to please all of the people all of the time, and life is a learning process, and you may in the future decide to do some thing in other ways. Be in no doubt though that there are lots of us out here to whom you gave a truely great weekend that we will remember for a lifetime, and we can't wait for 7.2 :D

i am glad to see that the DJ issue is going to be sorted as that did spoil my weekend if i am honest, i doubt i will attend the next one but good luck with it... if atlantis gets picked up for another season you may struggle for current atlantis guests tho because they will have started filming again by March ......

You were put off from an entire con by the DJ? Really? That's surprising, I assumed people would be more bothered by the content. *confused*

As for Atlantis, well... SG-1 cast said they started filming in the third week of March, and the con is the second... maybe Atlantis is the same? :P

We'll just have to wait and see about the Atlantis guys. It wouldn't be the first time someone gets a weekend off to do an event during filming. :P

Back on topic: as it has been said before, thank you for running the show. It has been a pleasure to attend. I've had two newbies with me and they both loved it.

We had a great time at the con. The guests were wonderful. Very friendly and very approachable.

There were however two things that I thought could have been better.

I thought that, given that there were only four guests , that there should have been individual talks or talks that lasted longer than 1 hour. I do appreciate that the talks and the autographs took place in the same room so maybe next time another room could be used for the autographs therefore freeing the main room for longer or more talks. Also we felt that the compare guy rushed them off the stage too quickly.

The other thing is that very few people could take decent photos because the guests were sitting on low seats on a low stage. Could you not supply the guests with bar stools the next time? The kind with the back on them and that way everyone should get a reasonable view.

You were put off from an entire con by the DJ? Really? That's surprising, I assumed people would be more bothered by the content. *confused*

it was more the attitude of certain people that night that made the weekend a HUGE disapointment, having done many other cons the parties are a huge part of the weekend and seeing as there wasnt an awful lot else during the day you would expect that the things taking place in the evening would be of a higher standard.

When you have been made fun of by the "DJ" how would you feel the rest of the weekend??

It only takes one thing to put someone off an event, as I have said tho credit where credit is due Mark and Jason are aware of the sittuation and are dealing with accordingly. Having met all the main cast of both sg1 and Atlantis (bar Ben and Claudia) and most of the guest cast of both shows, the cons for me are a get together with my friends to have a good time, listen to the guests, cause lets face it there is always something new to learn from them and you never quite know what strange and weitrd questions may be asked!! and have a good old dance at the parties. Seeing as the parties werent exatly good and I would say most attendees voted with their feet given that at 9pm saturday the hall was full and by 11 it was almost empty i was very disappointed. It would have maybe been different if the music played was something you could dance to but most of it wasnt even music you could really dance to.....

anyway enough dwelling on the past, its nice to see that all the comments are being listened to and answered accordingly, i hope that the next one is an improvement :)

Thanks for the con weekend :P

I will try for Chevron 7.2 but I can't promise anything right now - March not so good for me in getting the time off work

Northampton is a lovely choice of location! So thanks for that. We had good weather as well. Not something con organisers can do anything about but rain does make people miserable if you're away from home.

I must invest in a fold-up seat of some sort though. My health isn't great for standing in queues anymore :D

If we can have MS as a guest again I would appreciate it :P

A huge thanks guys - had a real blast.

I know you said you wanted to have different guests - but Michael again - Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease *grovels on hands and knees* Chris too if possible *don't want much do I LOL*

Having the hotel within walking distance of the town was brilliant, it meant going out to get food wasn't a a huge issue. I spend a lot of time in hotels for my job, and they are usually miles from anywhere so you kind of end up feeling 'trapped' My one complaint about the hotel was their extortionate internet charges - which I know is common in the UK - might invest in a 3G card thingy for future events as having no internet access is like having a limb missing - well, for me at any rate ;) LOL

But yes, stool things would give people not in the front row a better view, the stage was rather low down and I'm a short person, and was fortunate enough to manage to get a front row seat for Michael and Chris's talk which did make a lot of difference from just seeing the back of tall people's heads :poki::rolleyes:

As for Atlantis, well... SG-1 cast said they started filming in the third week of March, and the con is the second... maybe Atlantis is the same? :D

Wasn't it the 3rd week of February when they started filming?

As for Atlantis, well... SG-1 cast said they started filming in the third week of March, and the con is the second... maybe Atlantis is the same? :P

Wasn't it the 3rd week of February when they started filming?

i believe it was :) i thought that was quite sweet of Chris to say that was what he missed!

• 2 weeks later...

:yoda:

Loved the whole weekend. Northampton was a great place to hold the con. It was easy to get to and nice to walk around in the free time. The guests were fantastic as always. Loved the Friday cocktail party and the intimate get together with them all. A great chance to talk to these people. Michael was sooooo gorgeous and friendly. He is a natural and just chats away as well as making you feel at ease. It can be daunting. Chris was just a treat, he's soo lovely and smiling all the time. Gary was a real funny person. Unfortunately didn't get to talk to Carmen but met him at the photo shoot, such a gentle man.

So thanks again for the great weekend, hope to be there for the next one.

Oh and if you can aquire Michael again for that all the better! :D