Latest Update - Edgar Mitchell - Cancelled

Kiwi 7

Not read all the threads but do we know why Ed cancelled ?

He is known to be a long term sciatica sufferer. No fun sitting in a plane for 6 hours if he is going through a bad period with this. If that is the case, or if there is another health / family issue he earns my sympathy.

If, on the otherhand, he has pulled out in favour of a stateside event, then the organisers should think twice about extending further invitations.

When he was supposed to be at the last Autographica he was in fact at an event at the NASM in Washington DC :wub:

Could it be a bit like the Kenny Baker situation though, withdrew from appearing at Celebration Japan due to the distance he would have needed to have travelled, but was still able to appear at LFACC the same weekend.

I don't know much about Edgar Mitchell as a person but it would seem to me to be a bit odd that if he had no intention of coming that he would keep rescheduling his appearance.

• Moderators

Hello everyone

Here is the official line straight from the horses mouth (Me)

Ed called me and said he had a personal matter to attend to on that date.

As this is the third time i have personally booked Ed and the third time he has cancelled i think that it is doubtful if he will ever attend. Ed is a great guy as those of you who have met him will know. As these guys get older it becomes more and more difficult to persuade them to travel so as i keep telling you lot do not miss every opportunity you can to meet these history making astronauts. Because there will only ever be 12 men who have walked on the moon.

Meet them while you can

Best

Dave Phillips

Just while we are talking about official lines from the horses mouth, is Jim Lovell's attendance for sure. I know he's down on the site as attending but there hasn't been on official announcement on here as yet. I know I'm more than likely asking a daft question but as you've said the chances of meeting these guys is few and far between, and possibly getting more so. If nothing else it will stop me coming on here every five minutes to see if he's cancelled!

Hello Dave,

thanks for your information because of Ed.I think,it`s a great disappointment for everyone of us,that astronaut Ed Mitchell cancelled again.Well,I hope you will find a substitution.I think to the moonwalkers Alan Bean and Gene Cernan or the first woman in space,Valentina Tereshkova.

Best

Helmut

Hello everyone

As this is the third time i have personally booked Ed and the third time he has cancelled i think that it is doubtful if he will ever attend. Ed is a great guy as those of you who have met him will know. As these guys get older it becomes more and more difficult to persuade them to travel so as i keep telling you lot do not miss every opportunity you can to meet these history making astronauts. Because there will only ever be 12 men who have walked on the moon.

Meet them while you can

Best

Dave Phillips

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Meet them while you can

Best

Dave Phillips

That is a shame, I was looking forward to meeting him so hopefully he will come over next years Autographica? I was so sure that it would be third time a charm.