I'm excited

Hello

Haven't posted on here and wanted to give my thoughts on the matter.

I live in Glasgow and have been all over to various showmasters events - the last of which I attended was Glasgow 2007.

This event really got my interested in getting back into attending the events as already there are 3 guests that I'd really like to meet - Warwick Davis, Alan Harris and Peter Davidson. I've now also caught the bug again and booked tickets for LFACC.

Having attended many events (and some have been larger and busier) - I found Glasgow last year to be perfect. The stalls were the best I've seen at any event and the guests were terrific as well. It wasn't frantic like LFACC 2007 and the place was well lit and laid out.

I've been vocal at times in the past, but Showmasters said last year if Glasgow 2007 was a success then they would hold it again. True to their word, Collectormania Glasgow 2008 was announced as soon as Collectormania 2007 came to a close.

I've been advertising this event among friends and it was myself who got Radio Clyde onto the event a few days before the 2007 event. I'm confident this year will be a success as well.

I'm delighted Showmasters are holding their 2nd event in Glasgow and I know they will be releasing details on more guests soon. I collect photographs of my son (now aged 6) with the guests and we have a huge collection and will get more at Collectormania Glasgow 2008.

Please give Showmasters time on this event, after LFACC last year the Glasgow event gathered pace and I'm sure it will happen again. I can't wait for guests to be announced nearer the time and I think the current lineup is already miles stronger than this time last year (been wanting to meet Warwick for years).

Cheers

Steve

Edited by steevofromglasgow

Why was the other "I'm disapointed" one deleted???

The OP said something like he would delete it if he could (since ther was already a similar conversation elsewhere), and someone deleted it for him.

I think it's great that showmasters are coming to glasgow again! there is a total lack of stuff up here! Gutted i can't make it this time, but i have told all my mates about it and a bunch of them are going!

Showmasters+scotland = AMAZING!!!!

The OP said something like he would delete it if he could.

I didn't ask for it to be removed. A moderator just deleted it. I thought a forum was a place to voice opinions. Clearly only positive comments are encouraged.

• Moderators

It was probably just removed as it was similar, and there wasn't much point in the same discussion twice :angel:

It wouldn't be removed because "only positive comments are encouraged".

The OP said something like he would delete it if he could.

I didn't ask for it to be removed. A moderator just deleted it. I thought a forum was a place to voice opinions. Clearly only positive comments are encouraged.

Sorry Barni, I misunderstood, and thought maybe you had been ok with it being removed.

Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding on the mods part also?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

we are getting a lot of negative threads on here about the Glasgow event from posters with less than 10 posts

from our experience over the years, its not people that really want to help and make the events better in fact its the opposite, its people with other agendas like just staring up trouble and other promoters having some fun up setting people on here

we get to recognize it quit quickly now, so sometimes we remove threads rather than try to tidy up the posts

i hope you can see why we do this

we do listen and we read most of the posts we are fans trying to run the best events we can

thanks for reading

Jason

i cant wait for glasgow!!! even if only nicholas turns up then its MORE than worth the 200+ mile journey for me, and if anything happens and he has to cancel ( please please please no) but i understand these things happen then ill STILL be going as its a great day out just going to the show and rumaging through the "tat" stalls as my fiance loving puts it!

keep up the good work showmasters, there is a whole bunch of people that appreciate the hard work you put in even if others dont :YAHOO:

• Moderators

Postage count isn't an issue .. just we get some people signing up just to cause trouble, so it's not nice :D

Of course you can say stuff, but Showmasters don't particularly like people joining just to criticise them and say things that aren't right.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but in the end it is their event and they know what they're doing :YAHOO:

• 2 weeks later...