Latest Guest Announcement - Carrie Henn

showmasters

I'm sure many will ask her, "why didn't you continue your acting career?" Here is the answer from Aug 2001 "People" magazine interview:

Henn decided not to pursue an acting career even after the Air Force transferred her father to a base in Northern California just as Aliens was being released. "My family is really close, and I didn't want to live in L.A. away from them" says Henn. After spending much of her childhood in England, Henn found the transition to fifth grade in California traumatic. "Not only was I a foreign student coming into an American school," she says. "I had a funny accent, and I was in a movie. I never was sure who wanted to be my friend because I was in a movie and who really wanted to be my friend."

Also when making the film, she wasn't afraid of the alien outifts - to her they were just her friends in suits.

Also when making the film, she wasn't afraid of the alien outifts - to her they were just her friends in suits.

That's also a funny story on one of the behind the scenes featurettes, as I think it was the director who told her at the end of the screening of the movie that she was going to jump or scream from an Alien, and she said no that wouldn't happen. But sure enough, one of the scenes that she wasn't in, and Alien popped out and made her jump.

I wonder how her students (shes a teacher, for those who don't know) react when they find out there teacher is newt from aliens?
Given her age I always assumed she was a primary school teacher so the kids were too young to appreciate Aliens.

Anyone got a picture of what she looks like now? I guess she must be in her early 30s?

She was 32 last month. This is how she looked in the 2003 interviews for the "Alien Quadrilogy" DVDs:

carrie_henn.jpg

I know what you're thinking but pls remember she deliberatly decided not to become a movie star.

Anyone got a picture of what she looks like now? I guess she must be in her early 30s?

She was 32 last month. This is how she looked in the 2003 interviews for the "Alien Quadrilogy" DVDs:

carrie_henn.jpg

I know what you're thinking but pls remember she deliberatly decided not to become a movie star.

Nice!

Must be quite odd talking about something that happened when she was 10 - I can't remember a huge amount from when I was 10, and I'm nearly the same age...

Must be quite odd talking about something that happened when she was 10 - I can't remember a huge amount from when I was 10, and I'm nearly the same age...
When Aliens (1986) was filmed in 1985 she would have been 9 I think but when the premiere hit she was 10 by then. Filming took place over a few months though and she talks mostly about her experience on the DVD interviews and audio commentary.

I'm interested more in how the films have affected her life since - eg. how people reacted to discovering she was in the film. Also how she reacted to her character in Alien 3 (1992).

Edited by nicky