Free speech my eye !!!

dufresne

i posted a "get over elijah and get NEW guests at c5" type thread. Would SM like to justify scrapping it please ??

Not impressed. Obviously "thou shalt not get bored with thousands of teenage girls screaming the same crap in 400 different threads" has become the rule in here. God forbid we should speak againt repeat guests and beatlemania taking over !!

ok everyone don't star bitching at eachother!!!

the thread was obviously deleted by showmasters because they probably thought it was out of line whichi am sorry to admit it was!

OK just so u know all your comments about teenagers is very offencive to SOME of the members on this forum as i am 13 years of age i feel that all teenagers on here deserve an opology bacause what u r saying is bang out of ordeer

if u came on these forums just to cause trouble plz don't because we r a lovely community who appreciate other peoples perspectives but we cannot listen to someone blatenently calling us rude names and baisically sheep because we would like to meet elijah again or for hte first time because probalby over half of the people who wanted to meet elijah didn't get to

i am going to carryon rambling in a bit coz i cannoty stand what u r saying about this foum and to be honest you shouldn't be causing and stirring trouble!

• Moderators

OK the best way for everyone to deal with this thread is to not argue anymore ok or it'll just escalate, alright? So please, after I've posted this, people just calm down and let it go.

I don't see how anyone, including Showmasters, are going to listen to people calling each other 'fools' and 'trolls' etc. Regardless of age or gender or likes or dislikes, we ARE all allowed an opinion yes, and I extremely doubt that there is a problem with certain opinions being stated, it is more about the manner in which the opinions are stated, because things escalate into childish insults (not saying this as an insult but this is how things end up sometimes) which make people look immature and people will not wanna listen to that.

I'm trying to write this post without sounding condescending or insulting anyone, I just believe that yes, free speech is allowed here on the forum, but if people can take the time to try and respect other peoples' views and state their opinions in such a way that isnt causing a confrontation or an argument then that would be a lot better for this forum. I hope me posting this will not cause offence to anyone, I'm just trying to stop this when it's not necessary, thanks.

ok everyone don't star bitching at eachother!!!

how would you like it if someone requested NO red dwarf guests or something, its not all up to you.. sm ask for guest suggestions not PLEASE DONT BRING SUCH AND SUCH... they are the bosses :firedevil:

yes, but c4 did not have EIGHT red dwarf guests !!

OK OK OK, this is getting far too out of hand. I'm willing to leave this thread open as long as there is no abusive language or insults towards each other. There is no need for that whatsoever and so people DO NOT come in here shouting your heads off at each other because it's not going to help.

People are allowed opinions yes, and I'm not going to repeat what DavidB6937 said above but that is basically something I have to agree with. Please do not come in here shouting at someone for having a different opinion to yours. Yes, perhaps it has been said in the wrong manner, but once one person gets angry, someone has to retaliate and it goes back and forth and you all end up on the same level which is what we do not want.

As long as you are going to present your arguments in a fair manner then I will leave this thread here, but if there is any more trouble I will be deleting it. Thank you.

FOX

OK OK OK, this is getting far too out of hand. I'm willing to leave this thread open as long as there is no abusive language or insults towards each other. There is no need for that whatsoever and so people DO NOT come in here shouting your heads off at each other because it's not going to help.

People are allowed opinions yes, and I'm not going to repeat what DavidB6937 said above but that is basically something I have to agree with. Please do not come in here shouting at someone for having a different opinion to yours. Yes, perhaps it has been said in the wrong manner, but once one person gets angry, someone has to retaliate and it goes back and forth and you all end up on the same level which is what we do not want.

As long as you are going to present your arguments in a fair manner then I will leave this thread here, but if there is any more trouble I will be deleting it. Thank you.

FOX

I apologise if i offended anyone. You got my backup by rejecting myopinion so freely. I stand by my wish for less LOTR, but withdraw my personal remarks, which were uncalled for.

:firedevil:

This is not about forgiving or forgetting, this is simply about trying to keep the forum a happy and friendly community, and by that I mean not continuing these arguments. If someone states something that you do not agree with, I am sure you can find a manner in which to reply without it being insulting or argumentative ... there is a lot of room for healthy debate here over subjects, I see nothing wrong with that at all, just try and keep it mature and fair. I do not want to be deleting threads, it's a waste of my time and of yours.

Fox

Because I would like to think that I have the ability to actually sort these things out. Plus if I leave them here, then that gives people a chance to read through them and see how we DON'T like things to be on the forum. I can talk to the people involved, try to reason with them and perhaps change the way that they see and do things. I'm not a miracle worker but all I can do is try, and I'd like to think people will respect that.

Fox

Other series and movies deserve a chance !!!

Yeah, they do, I totally agree - but not at the expense of LOTR, or anything else, for that matter. I know it's a cliched argument now, but with LOTR being so popular at the moment I think some LOTR guests are called for.

Well might I add I can't remember the persons name but who ever started this thread and the other he was dissing lotr and saying that the forum was being taken over but out of almost 75 topics on this section only 15 are LotR based, and I do think quite a few of us are LotR fans aswell as buffy, angel, red dwalf and so on fans so thats why we argued I believe. And then insulting started and so on