anyone worried about the end of ROTK?

wiccawise21

so ok... heres the thing.... i have heard so many things about the ending of the ROTK movie that i am lost. having read the books i am not comforted by the fact that galadriel gave sam some elvish rope in the FOTR movie. how is that going to assist him in the REAL end.

i guess there is a lot to fit into one film... what with half (ok slight exaggeration) of ttt to put in there too..... but i really really really want the end to be the same as the book.

what do u guys think?

**Big spoilers here!**

I've heard that there will be NO scouring of the Shire, just as there was no Tom Bombadil in FOTR, so sadly Sam won't need his Lothlorien soil. I think it will end with the Grey Havens as in the book, but without all that happens with Saruman and Wormtongue - so they will be killed off in some other way. We just have to trust Peter Jackson on this. :unsure:

thats what i was afraid of. i really wanted the scourging of the hire to be in there but part of me doesnt see how it can. oh well.. i still know that rotk will be brilliant and i do trust peter jackson so im still looking forward to it. as long as sam gets his moment before his box of soil then thats ok. but then that just has to be there so im not worried.

I think they must be when Faramir is injured on the Pelannor Fields - he's affected by the Black Death from the Witch King, just as Merry and Eowyn are, and they can only only be brought back from the brink of death by Aragorn - I'm really hoping Ioreth is in ROTK, she's the one who says 'the hands of the king are the hands of a healer'. :P Ohhhh - I can't wait just thinking about it! :rolleyes:

Hehehe I'm reading RotK at the mo and I just got past that bit in the book!

Yeah I'm reading RotK but this is my 2nd time - but I just passed that bit too!

I want the Scouring of the Shire too... *cries* but I have this feeling that they'll stop at the Grey Havens because I remember PJ saying something along the lines of the reason they didn't have Tom Bombadil was because it didn't really push on or aid the ring's story - and I think they're mainly pursuing the ring's story rather than the hobbits story so I doubt they'll show it! But obviously... they'll have to show what happens to Frodo and stuff so they'll have the Grey Havens! I think as far as the films are concerned - they'll have them all coming home safely or going to Rivendell maybe... then Frodo and Bilbo going off to the Grey Havens - the hobbits waving them off - then the hobbits heading home for the Shire. Thats my prediction anyway!

I want the Scouring of the Shire too... *cries* but I have this feeling that they'll stop at the Grey Havens because I remember PJ saying something along the lines of the reason they didn't have Tom Bombadil was because it didn't really push on or aid the ring's story - and I think they're mainly pursuing the ring's story rather than the hobbits story so I doubt they'll show it! But obviously... they'll have to show what happens to Frodo and stuff so they'll have the Grey Havens! I think as far as the films are concerned - they'll have them all coming home safely or going to Rivendell maybe... then Frodo and Bilbo going off to the Grey Havens - the hobbits waving them off - then the hobbits heading home for the Shire. Thats my prediction anyway!

I think you're absolutely right - although I'm sure we get to see Sam and Rosie's wedding and Elanor as she's played by Sean's daughter! :D

I think you're absolutely right - although I'm sure we get to see Sam and Rosie's wedding and Elanor as she's played by Sean's daughter! :D

Wow! Thats pretty cool!

Just read on TORn - Legolas will kill Grima!

Grey Havens = big yes. The music is on the new album due out this month.

Scouring of the Shire = probably not. Doesn't do anything but finish off a certain nasty creature and draw some interesting parallels between Wormtongue and Gollum.

Elanor Gamgee = Alexandra Astin

Rosie Cotton = Sarah McLeod.

Sam's Elven rope = will make an appearance in TTT EE DVD.

Just look at those credits!

~fadagaski~

All I can say is, I can't wait to get to the bit about the scouring of the shire in the book to know what your all talking about.

Awww  Sean's daughter is going to be in it!!  She's so cute!

Oh - you're in for a treat. I remember feeling so proud of the hobbits the first time I read it! :lol:

(not that I hadn't felt proud of them earlier on in the book too!)

All I can say is, I can't wait to get to the bit about the scouring of the shire in the book to know what your all talking about.

Awww  Sean's daughter is going to be in it!!  She's so cute!

Oh - you're in for a treat. I remember feeling so proud of the hobbits the first time I read it! :angry:

(not that I hadn't felt proud of them earlier on in the book too!)

It's a lovely ending!!! *trying hard not to give the game away* :lol: