Request to Showmasters re Forum

picard25

Or, simple as, you just click on SM's user profile and search for "all posts by this user"... thats what I do if I don't have the time

Thats what anyone should do, who isnt interested in other comments, so simple

...except that the Showmasters log-in has near 7500 posts across all parts of the forum, it just emans trawling through THAT list instead of the relevant forum.

Perhaps a compromise to to have one pinned, locked thread at the top with an updated summary in it?

Or, simple as, you just click on SM's user profile and search for "all posts by this user"... thats what I do if I don't have the time

Thats what anyone should do, who isnt interested in other comments, so simple

...except that the Showmasters log-in has near 7500 posts across all parts of the forum, it just emans trawling through THAT list instead of the relevant forum.

Perhaps a compromise to to have one pinned, locked thread at the top with an updated summary in it?

Yeah but the most recent are at the top of the list, so even if you just check in once a week than you won't have to look at more than 2 pages or so! There not just randomly jumbled! :blink:

ER, yea, the 7500 are over 5+ Years :S If you look at their most recent page, at the bottom will be Lockdown stuff, so I think you'll find its pretty up to date for that

Yeah, but the number of posts they make in the week immediately preceeding an event are considerably greater. Those are the posts we're talking about having to search for.

Personally I think that having the "Guest days and prices" thread locked and stickied (as they have done this time) but leaving the individual guest threads unlocked works fine. I'd have guessed everything pertinent will be in the locked thread (with an additional unofficial backstop of TooTall's excellent FAQs). Sure stuff may crop up in the guest threads, but it would crop up in other threads instead if you locked the guest announcements.

The current arrangement (including the new development of locking and stickying the one "summary" thread of all the guest dates and prices, and keeping that updated) seems as good as it'll get to me.

Personally I think that having the "Guest days and prices" thread locked and stickied (as they have done this time) but leaving the individual guest threads unlocked works fine. I'd have guessed everything pertinent will be in the locked thread (with an additional unofficial backstop of TooTall's excellent FAQs). Sure stuff may crop up in the guest threads, but it would crop up in other threads instead if you locked the guest announcements.

The current arrangement (including the new development of locking and stickying the one "summary" thread of all the guest dates and prices, and keeping that updated) seems as good as it'll get to me.

I think that's all that he ever wanted... I think it works just fine!

this is why I post in a different colour :D if I'm not sure when I last replied to a bigh thread (like the one I started about forensics/crime show guests) I can just scroll and go ah ha there is the purple that is when I posted last :D

on the count of looking for posts by SM, if scrolling down a busy topic I just look at the left of the page for images as theirs is pretty unique and tends to stand out :(

this doesn't always work though at Davey posts stuff sometimes but anyways, it generaly works!! ;)

OT-kinda-I do agree they should try to update the actual website more often though!!!! B)

surfy sah xx