Whats with all the spam

wilko2205

its a spam bot. there are a few ways they could be stopped, but they could also put new members of joining. e.g. you have to post 5 replys before you can make a new topic (thats from a forum i used to go on). there could be other waysbut i dont know them. if you want to help get rid of them quicker, click the report button on the post. that will send a message to a mod, or summit.

^^lol

it aint really a problem for me (and that just me, not speaking for anyone else). i find it quite easy to see which posts are spam and which arnt, so i know which ones to stay away from. but there might be younger kids lookin on here, or people who find it really offensive.

i dont mind the whole entering random letters thing either...

There's quite a number of spambots stuck on validating too according to the member list. B)

The irony is that a friend of mine has tried repeatedly to sign up here but never gets her validation email and so can't post - whilst the spambots manage to!

Has your friend tried to e-mail Showmasters?

There's an issue with some e-mail providers apparently. Your friend can be manually validated if he/she e-mails Showmasters.

They don't bother me too much, but I am worried about there questionable interest in chipmunks....

That's the word filter. Certain drug names and other things are automatically changed. :lol:

• Moderators

We've filtered a fair few common 'spam' words so they change into other random bits.

We catch them fairly quickly most of the time, as there's a number of us that can delete them, but obviously sometimes we have better things to be doing lol

So yeah it's not that huge a problem when we can just get rid of them. Just don't read them, post in them, or make topics about them lol