Guests from Star Wars

GoldenGreen

It would be really great to see some of the following make C5:

Mark Hamill

Carrie Fisher

Billy Dee Williams (Finally)

Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker (CP30 and R2D2)

Frank Oz

Ray Park

Temeura Morrison, Jermey Bulluch, Daniel Logan (The Fetts)

Ian McDiarmid

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Englund said at C3 that he used to room with Mark Hamill and that he was there when Mark got offered the part of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. How cool is that.

Perhaps Robert could have a word with him and convince him to come to C5 as they are old room mates.

I was actually next in line when he was talking to Daniel Logan. However, Daniel didn't know who Mark was , so Robert had to explain he was Luke Skywalker.

Just around that time , Samantha Bond sent her coffee cup flying over Robert and his table so although I got his autograph I had to wade through a coffee lake as well.

Mind you, not a bad thing to have some coffee around to keep you awake when Freddy's about.

considering that frank oz doesn't do conventions, christopher lee hates sinings, mark hamill has enough of star wars, liam neeson only signs occasionaly for charity (very rare), george lucas is waaaaay to busy and carrie fisher is under a contrct (dunno if this one is true though) etc. etc... i don't think it's that realistic to expect big names.

although i would love to see natalie portman or carrie fisher or something.

Edited by martine

We have covered the Christopher Lee hates signings on a different thread, but I don't believe this to be true. If it was why does he regularly sign at venues in London. In fact , he will be signing again in just over a weeks time.

Yes, he only signs for one hour, but he is 81 and surely he can't need to do any signings.

Maybe , Showmasters could get him along for a couple of hours and perhaps you could get Christopher Lee signing tickets in advance of the Show.

mark hamill has enough of star wars

Not true! He is currently in a play and signs for people there, and he signed Star Wars pictures for me in Miami earlier this year!

It is unwise to discount anyone at C5 or LFCC. Who would have thought that Showmasters would have been able to get Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and Kristanna Loken!?! It is quite possible they could get anybody!

:unsure:

mark hamill has enough of star wars

Not true! He is currently in a play and signs for people there, and he signed Star Wars pictures for me in Miami earlier this year!

It is unwise to discount anyone at C5 or LFCC. Who would have thought that Showmasters would have been able to get Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and Kristanna Loken!?! It is quite possible they could get anybody!

:angel:

someone i know wrote a letter to him if he could sign the star wars photo's. he gort a letter back saying: mister hamill doesn't sign star wars items any more. the joker card was signed though so...........

someone i know wrote a letter to him if he could sign the star wars photo's. he gort a letter back saying: mister hamill doesn't sign star wars items any more. the joker card was signed though so...........

Sounds like your friend wrote c/o an agent, who in a lot of cases don't pass everything on. Get your friend to try c/o the theatre he is in and see how they get on!

:o

I presume by Saturday and next Wednesday, you mean where Christopher Lee is signing.

I saw him Saturday and he was in a fine mood, chatting away and certainly looking like he was enjoying himself at the signing.

This was the first time I had met him, so it was a real honour. I had a good chat whilst queueing up with some other fans as well, so that made the hours go by a little easier whilst waiting.

I did want to ask him if he would come to C5, but got a bit starstruck when I met him and mumbled something about how great he was instead.

Perhaps people were put off in that it was the same book he was signing last year, except it had a few new bits in it. Plus he wouldn't sign anything other than the book.

What these siging people don't realise is they could make so much more money if you had to buy the book, get that signed, but could get one other item signed as well! They would do so much better!

:lol:

Maybe there are restrictions imposed by the book publishers ?

The queue was right round the block by 1.00 p.m., so I guess there may have also been an element of fairness so that everyone at least met him and got a signed book.

Does anyone know who decides these things ? Is it the star themselves, the shop they are signing in, their agent, the publisher ?

At the signings at 10th planet for example, the normal rule seems to be , buy the specific item and get one other signed as well, which presumably is their rule !

To be fair though it was announced on the website at least a week before he would only be signing his book.

Meeting him and getting photos as well as a signed book is far better than buying off ebay in my opinion, but I guess everyone could not make it there.