Lambourne

What are your top 5 Lost episodes?

Mine are:

1. Live Together, Die Alone

2. Through the Looking Glass

3. The Brig

4. Meet Kevin Johnson

5. Raised by Another

All though it can't go in this list as the whole episode wasn't great but Two For the Road has to get a mention just for it's awesome ending.

Edited by Lambourne

• Moderators

1. Through The Looking Glass

The ultimate game changer. A risky move that had JUMP THE SHARK written all over it, yet worked magnificently. I know it doesn't stand up to repeat viewings, but that initial WTF?! moment when Kate and Jack are off the island was amazing and I'll never forget that. Honestly one of the best moments I've ever experienced in TV history.

But the best thing about the Season 3 finale is the fact that it won't just be remembered for one shock moment, like say Two For The Road. TTLG has so many awesome moments:

- Jacket kiss!

- Jack's less whiney, more HITYOUINTHEFACE approach.

- WALLLLLLLLLLLLLT!

- Hurleyvan!

- Sayid - professional neckbreaker.

- Poor Tom. But "that's for taking the kid off the raft" = awesome.

- Penny!

- Mikhail, his invincibility, and that look as he uses the grenade.

- Charlie finally dies, and I actually feel sad.

- NOT PENNY'S BOAT!

- Locke trying to kill Naomi.

- Jack talking to the rescue people.

- "We have to go back!"

Uhh so yeah, I loved it. To throw out an episode of that quality at the end of their THIRD season was something that reinvigorated the entire series. I know it has its critics, but my faith in the show was 110% restored after it - and the flashbackforwardwherevers in S4 have been superb.

In my eyes, nothing will ever come close.

2. Live Together, Die Alone

OK, so perhaps this comes close, and it would've been my number 1 if TTLG wasn't so absolutely awesome on so many levels.

Desmond turning the failsafe key, Clancy Brown being awesome, LockEko goodness, Others when they were mysterious, Michael leaving, Penny at the ending .. again, another episode that delivers so much.

3. The Constant

Definitely a love/hate episode. Obviously some people really don't like the sci-fi aspects of it, but awwww! Such confusion at certain things, but they tugged at the heart strings in a wonderful fashion.

4. The Main Behind The Curtain

Personally I loved all the old Dharma stuff, looking into Ben and his family etc, as well as the Purge, and Richard 'I don't age!' Alpert. The Jacob stuff was equal parts fascinating and bizarre. And the Juliet on the beach business was very intriguing. This was generally one of the strongest episodes in terms of moving things forward while giving some decent past information.

5. Exposé

For them to produce such a memorable story involving 2 characters that basically no-one liked was a triumph. It's probably the best stand-alone story that they've delivered, and I just loved how different it was.

Close calls:

Man of Science, Man Of Faith

Greatest Hits

Exodus (Part 1/2)

Raised By Another

Walkabout

Pilot (Part 1)

The Other 48 Days

Lockdown

And of course Stranger In A Strange Land.

1) Greatest Hits

This episode just has everything that I like about LOST. You had key elements from series 1 & 2 and Dom really stole the show here.

2) Flashes before your eyes.

An episode you have to watch over and over again.

3) Through the looking glass.

4) Man of science, Man of faith.

How can anyone not love Make your own kind of music?

5) The Moth W/ comentary. ;)

hmmmm

1: Enter 77

2: Lockdown

3: through the looking glass

4: pilot

5: man of science man of faith

runners up: LTDA, expose, exodus, par avion, the brig, man behind the curtain, special, well actually, every other episode, apart from stranger in a strange land

David, did you enjoy Through the Looking Glass at all? ;)

Mine are(in no particular order as i've loved pretty much every episode)

The Other 48 Days

Flashes Before Your Eyes

The Constant

Man Behind the Curtain

Catch 22

That's just the ones that instantly come to mind without me thinking through all the episodes!

What would you choose as the worst episode?

I think Fire + Water gets that award, Left Behind is close also, the only thing that saves it is the scene with the Smoke Monster and the sonic fence. Stranger in a Strange Land is close though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've re-done my list as new episode's have aired and I just can't make up my mind about some older episodes.

1.) The Shape of Things to Come

2.) Live Together, Die Alone

3.) Through the Looking Glass

4.) All the Best Cowboy's have Daddy Issues

5.) Raised by Another

The Economist and The Constant just fall of the list.

1. Through The Looking Glass

- Charlie finally dies, and I actually feel sad.

Seriously, that was SO sad...and all that time I was BEGGING for him to die...painfully lol! He was such an annoying character, but that scene really got me. Yeah, for sure the best episode!

And yes, I also LOVED 'The Constant'

I can't really remember the rest of the episodes that I loved...well, not the names of them anyway. I've got to say that I'm loving all of them this series though! Amazing :D

• 2 weeks later...