Take a Guess #4

Lambourne

id like josh obv

but im not holding my breath

id like sonya, dom, jorge or anyone thats actually good haha

but not complaning seems kind of pointless us requesting guests as no one weve requested has actually gotten booked not complaining just saying. :dance:

seems like lost guests are harder to get and weve all got such great expectations ;)

Edited by nikstar1989

• Moderators

it HAS to be a main cast guest (even if they've now left) because as lovely as the guests they've announced are, none of them are going to sell tickets.

You have absolutely no idea what will sell tickets to be fair - as it's a Lost convention, Lost fans may want to come along due to liking the lineup as a whole, rather than just one particular guest.

I'm not saying a main cast guest wouldn't increase ticket sales, but it's unfair to say none of the current guests will sell tickets.

That's not true David, I'm a fan, as are a number of my friends, so we're the target audience for this convention. I booked as soon as it was announced, but none of my friends have, I dont even have a roomie at the moment. The recent announcements have done nothing to change their minds. Only a main cast member will make them part with their money. If it was a simple signing event then they'd go along and see how it went, but for them to part with £75 for a full weekend, they want more.

• Moderators

And then you get all the difficulties that come along with a 'main' guest - schedules, cost etc. The higher you aim, the harder it is to get what you want unfortunately.

As Lost is my favourite show, I'm really happy with the guests so far, some of which I thought I'd never get to meet.

Of course I'm not going to say no to a bigger guest, but as a whole I think we've got a decent lineup so far. And there's still room for more, so it's not over :dance:

I know people are getting a bit pessimistic, but think about it like this - the bigger guests probably take longer to sort out anyway, so it doesn't mean for sure that we won't be getting one!

That's not true David, I'm a fan, as are a number of my friends, so we're the target audience for this convention. I booked as soon as it was announced, but none of my friends have, I dont even have a roomie at the moment. The recent announcements have done nothing to change their minds. Only a main cast member will make them part with their money. If it was a simple signing event then they'd go along and see how it went, but for them to part with £75 for a full weekend, they want more.

It's absolutely true. You and your friends don't make up the entire target audience, so we can't judge based on that. Just because your friends aren't buying tickets, it doesn't mean no-one else is too does it?

Like I said, a main cast member will of course sell more tickets, but it doesn't mean no-one likes the guests we have. That's up to your friends really.

Edited by DavidB

i agree with jael001 how many times have we had people come on this forum and say they'll only come if a big guest is announced

like i say its about the degree of a lost fan you are

i booked right away as it was hyped up and i dont regret it as i love lost but i didnt think wed get the guests that we have right now, i think if your a casual watcher of the show then you wont come unless you get a top 3, and if you like the show alot but not a die hard then youll come for charlie hurley etc, and if your a diehard youll come nomatter

ive spoke to alot of people about it, different degrees of lost fans and they agree the better the guests the more tickets you will sell

im not complaining i know that they cant afford a big guests with the amount of tickets sold so far.

And then you get all the difficulties that come along with a 'main' guest - schedules, cost etc. The higher you aim, the harder it is to get what you want unfortunately.

As Lost is my favourite show, I'm really happy with the guests so far, some of which I thought I'd never get to meet.

Of course I'm not going to say no to a bigger guest, but as a whole I think we've got a decent lineup so far. And there's still room for more, so it's not over :dance:

I know people are getting a bit pessimistic, but think about it like this - the bigger guests probably take longer to sort out anyway, so it doesn't mean for sure that we won't be getting one!

thats true but some of us now no we wont get a top, its no harm asking for someone that will appeal to the public as well as a lost fan base

i think the lineups all right it could be better but it could be a lot worse

so i dunno i think the next guest pretty much could make or break the line up

• Moderators

I'd be very surprised if many casual watchers would want to come along to a specific Lost event regardless - even if it was just one main cast member. It's a lot of money to fork out for someone that isn't a big fan.

Random guests at a signing event are fine for the casual viewers, but I don't think specific conventions are aimed at the casuals at all.

• Moderators

And the forum is a very small representation of overall attendees, hence why even if requests are made on here for this event or others, they'll not necessarily be used.

We've had guests in the past that have never been mentioned on here, but have been very popular.

Whilst I have no complaints about the latest guests that have been announced, I am disappointed that SM / ME have not come up with a main cast member.

I booked when the convention was announced, with some expectation that a main cast guest would be announced at a later date. This is a practice that established convention organisers do, and has been the case with ECLIPSE.

People vote with their wallets and the current indications are that part of the lack of sales is down to the lack of guests.

Gold tickets still appear to be available, which indicates people want that main guest.

I know a few of my friends decided to spend their money elsewhere when no announcements were being made and have said that the current line up was not what they would have bought a gold ticket for.

Shame the event isn't this weekend as SM could have come up with some joint deal with Ubisoft in regards to bringing a main star over for the event and promote the new video game.

It does look a decent line up, but nothing more than that.

All sorts of guests will sell a certain degree of tickets. But the fact remains that "main" cast memebrs (though more difficult to book, I am sure) will undoubtfully attract more people. Maybe not the die-hard fans who will go for every guest that's been in LOSt for maybe only a few episodes, but also those who are yet undecided.

I didn't read Jael's post as if he was saying the current newly announced guests won't sell any tickets at all, just that they won't sell the same amount a bigger name could possible sell (which in this case results in his friends not booking, yet)

please a really good guest, the guests we have had recently just haven't got the excitment level for me anyway i'm just really hoping the next guest makes me go wow else yeah i'll still enjoy the event but it won't be as good as i expected.

That includes any of the past guests Ian, Maggie, Dom or Jorge

Really getting desperate here didn't think we'd be in this situation

If you go onto the Massive Event website and look at the main image on the right of your page, it features a group picture of who most people would consider main guests.

It makes me sad that we have none of those guests.

We do have a main guest, Henry! He just isn't in the photo as it's a Season 2 promo..

Edited by Lambourne