Latest Guest Announcement - Hayden Panettiere

showmasters

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, please point out where 'heads were bitten off'. I'm really interested to see where David and I personally attacked people.

The fact that someone has been driven off the board says it all.

Woof.

What a pathetic reply.

• Moderators

I'm trying to have a sense of humour about the entire thing - if I'd replied seriously, I would've been told I was having a go :lol:

And no, to whoever suggests 'not replying', that's not an option - that would mean I'd been driven off the board, and that's what we're against, right? :D

oh noes now i really need to go but alas it is my birthday weekend and mannychester is a bit far as i'll be going back to uni on the sunday night :D but i may find a way lol. i would love to meet hayden as i didn't get round to meeting her at lfcc and am not going to eclipse. great guest sms! :lol:

Again, please point out where 'heads were bitten off'. I'm really interested to see where David and I personally attacked people.

No, it doesn't. That says nothing about us and everything about the person who left. The reason none of you can actually quote posts and comments we made that are mean and devilish and evil and nasty and cruel and bad and malicious is because we didn't make any. It's because the only personal attacks in this entire thread are from you and the others attacking us.

There is no point in this as you and pyschosis are always right......

No, we're not. If we're 'always right' we wouldn't discuss it. If we were 'always right' we would just state our opinion, inform you that it's the correct one, and tell you not to bother coming back or arguing with us because they have no right.

Can you quote where that was said?

Are you not taking this all a bit too seriously

I dont think anything said on the forums of SM is meant badly, just that everyone has different opinions and can voice them.

I honestly dont see why anyone would have felt the need to say they werent posting again .

No, it doesn't. That says nothing about us and everything about the person who left. The reason none of you can actually quote posts and comments we made that are mean and devilish and evil and nasty and cruel and bad and malicious is because we didn't make any. It's because the only personal attacks in this entire thread are from you and the others attacking us.

My God, you sound like a scratched record - which I am now turning off.

I do agree in a way...

I don't understand how DavidB and pyschosis cannot agree that we might have a point about Showmasters maybe having too many convention this year....

I really think this is the route of the issue, look at March, 3 shows in 3 weeks and most of the guests going to Midlands or Manc have already been to an event before....

I do agree in a way...

I don't understand how DavidB and pyschosis cannot agree that we might have a point about Showmasters maybe having too many convention this year....

I really think this is the route of the issue, look at March, 3 shows in 3 weeks and most of the guests going to Midlands or Manc have already been to an event before....

I don't see how the number of conventions has anything to do with this topic - we haven't 'agreed' because that hasn't been brought up in the thread, it's not what we've been discussing. I don't understand why it matters if they've been to events before. This is giving more people an opportunity to see guests that they couldn't previously, everyone has an opportunity to choose where they're going to go (you're not being forced to go to all of them), more overlapping guests means more profit, more profit means better guests, better guests is better for us. I'm really not sure what the number of conventions has to do with this? Please explain.

Edited by Psychosis

No, we're not. If we're 'always right' we wouldn't discuss it. If we were 'always right' we would just state our opinion, inform you that it's the correct one, and tell you not to bother coming back or arguing with us because they have no right.

Can you quote where that was said?

Meow

I do agree in a way...

I am sorry I just dont get the problem whether SM hold 2 or 20, I have said it before and will say it again that the more there are , then the more chances people have of seeing guests they like at maybe 1 or 2

The fact that some people like to go to a lot is their choice so doesnt affect anyone else.

Its all about choice so if only 2 or 3 events were held then a lot of people would be disappointed.

I also think that if an event doesnt suit then DONT GO easy peasy

I’ve been reading this board as a guest since I started attending Showmasters events last year but I really did need to post a reply to this so I’ve finally registered so I can do so.

People are upset that Hayden and Noah are now doing Manchester the week before Eclipse, okay, deal with it! You will still be seeing them at Eclipse, in a more personal atmosphere but now other people who couldn’t attend Eclipse have the chance to meet them. This is a business for Showmasters, if the guests wish to attend an extra event the week before then great, potentially more fans for the show and more people who might go to Eclipse 2 which means more guests. If you were running the shows and a guest said they would fly in to the UK a week earlier to attend an additional show would you say ‘No’ to them?? Of course not. As Jason said in his post, this additional appearance means he can split the travel costs between shows which means more money for Eclipse guests, which can only be good for those of us going to Eclipse.

Would it be better if they were attending an event later in the year instead? Maybe. Some of the people going to Eclipse believe that they have lost the ‘exclusivity’ that they felt they have paid for and this is unfortunate but you can never make everyone happy.

I am going to Midlands, Manchester and Eclipse, as well as MK and another con this Friday, am I disappointed that guests are appearing in more than one place? No. The guests attending are doing so by their choice and I have no problem with what they choose to do. Other posters complain that we keep getting the same guests over and over again; yes this is happening but its understandable. The guests who have attended before have shown that they like and/or will attend more events so you get ‘repeats’. The people you haven't seen at events before may not want to do conventions. Jason is getting us new guests; Bruce Campbell and Brad Dourif being two that spring to mind, so just be patient.

Lastly, Psychosis and DavidB… Hmm.. I don’t see the negativity that other posters are complaining about; yes they are moderators but they also have their own opinions and haven’t (as yet) resorted to name-calling so I have no problem with them.

I think that’s enough for my first post :eek:

I have read most of the posts on here and this is what I have to say...

I have been going to Conventions and signing events for a number of years now, and there are things about both which I like, but...

I remember the first ever convention I went too. I really wasn't sure about booking, it didn't matter that there were parties or quizzes, what mattered to me where who the guests were, as I was unsure as to what to expect when I got there, and really didn't know if I was going to enjoy myself.

When I heard who was going I was like sure I'll book, but I wasn't prepared to go all that way and not have the full gold experiance. Luckily they had two Gold tickets left, so I took one of them, paid a deposit and the rest I paid a month later.

Yes I had a great time, I didn't realise that I would enjoy the parties so much or that I would make any friends, but I did, and too be honest there still my friends and we chat on other boards alot with each other.

But whether I liked the weekend or not wasn't the point, ok you might enjoy other aspects of the con when you get there but as I said above if it wasn't for the guest I don't think I would have booked in the first place.

There may be parties and quizzes and photos with, but to be honest I know a few people who stay for less then 1hour of the disco before there off too bed and once paying out for a full weekend ticket, can't afford any photos with anyways.

How many people going to Eclipse are going because of the parties, photos with and quizzes etc. How many people actually booked before they new who some of the guests were. Granted one was announced straight away but aside from that guest, there must have been some poeple who thought that one guest plus the atmosphere of the con was not enough to entise them to go.

I'm hearing people on here (a few in particular) saying things along the lines of don't just book for the guests, but to be honest that is probably what most people have done, seen who some of the guests were and booked because they were guests they wanted to see. You have too remember its a lot of peoples first convention, if its a success (which I'm thinking it will be) then maybe next time there will be more people booking forthe atmophere but this time people are booking for the guests, as personally (even for myself a person who has done 10 conventions) the guests are probably still going to be the main reason why some people will book up.

So having a pop or at someone becuase they are ticked off about two of the guests going to an event the weekend before run by the same (similar) people isn't right. I have to agree with him/her who now won't post any more... A convention is a lot of money and if those two guests are why your going then surley Manchester could be a cheaper event, if it was only sigs you were after

I supose that it might be different for people who have a gold pass, but if you have a normal ticket to eclips and hear guests being announced for the weekend before, it can be a bit of a bummer.

If a full weekend ticket is £75 (and that doesn't include photos with) plus hotel costs, plus travel, plus lunch/dinner that can add up to a lot lot more then a signing event, cause if I wanted to see those guests bad enough (not a big heroes fan myself) then I would make the efort (even if it were for a day so I avoided hotel costs) to get to Manchester to see them...

Don't event organisers put clauses in there contracts to prevent guests going to other organsiers signing events which are a week or two before or after the signing event they are booked for? This is probably done so that someone wanting too see said guests will go to (example here) a showmasters event rather then someone elses event.

I can see a few people who were thinking about going to Eclipse now only going to Manchester, and I don't think thats what showmasters/masiveevents really want do they?

Just my two pence worth, go on someone have a pop at me too :D

:eek:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

Again, please point out where anyone 'had a pop at' people. Disagreeing is not attacking. I'm really curious to see these posts where I made personal attacks and nobody will oblige by quoting it. The only people having 'a pop at' people for having an opinion are having one at ours!

Edited by Psychosis

I do agree in a way...

I am sorry I just dont get the problem whether SM hold 2 or 20, I have said it before and will say it again that the more there are , then the more chances people have of seeing guests they like at maybe 1 or 2

The fact that some people like to go to a lot is their choice so doesnt affect anyone else.

Its all about choice so if only 2 or 3 events were held then a lot of people would be disappointed.

I see what you are saying and at the moment I am not attending Manchester as there is not a guest going I am interested in meeting - apart from Hayden and Noah but I am going to Eclipse the following week

In my mind, I feel that less shows would mean that there would not be so many repeat guests.... maybe as well - Showmasters would have more time to spend on each event - hence gettting better guests..

Eclipse has now lost its exclusiveness.

It was never billed as anything exclusive though, was it.

Seeing Hayden and Noah, as showmasters have said, will cost you at least £80 at Manchester. That will only get you 2 auto's and 2 photo's.

At eclipse, you will be seeing 6 guests for auto's (and photo's if you have a GP - which I don't), plus parties, plus talks, etc. That's still *exclusive*.

I think people need to realise the difference between a signing event and a con. They're totally different. If you only want pics and auto's, eclipse really isn't for you. If you want talks and parties, collectormania's aren't for you (for the most part).

Edited by Bob D

I’ve been reading this board as a guest since I started attending Showmasters events last year but I really did need to post a reply to this so I’ve finally registered so I can do so.

People are upset that Hayden and Noah are now doing Manchester the week before Eclipse, okay, deal with it! You will still be seeing them at Eclipse, in a more personal atmosphere but now other people who couldn’t attend Eclipse have the chance to meet them. This is a business for Showmasters, if the guests wish to attend an extra event the week before then great, potentially more fans for the show and more people who might go to Eclipse 2 which means more guests. If you were running the shows and a guest said they would fly in to the UK a week earlier to attend an additional show would you say ‘No’ to them?? Of course not. As Jason said in his post, this additional appearance means he can split the travel costs between shows which means more money for Eclipse guests, which can only be good for those of us going to Eclipse.

Would it be better if they were attending an event later in the year instead? Maybe. Some of the people going to Eclipse believe that they have lost the ‘exclusivity’ that they felt they have paid for and this is unfortunate but you can never make everyone happy.

I am going to Midlands, Manchester and Eclipse, as well as MK and another con this Friday, am I disappointed that guests are appearing in more than one place? No. The guests attending are doing so by their choice and I have no problem with what they choose to do. Other posters complain that we keep getting the same guests over and over again; yes this is happening but its understandable. The guests who have attended before have shown that they like and/or will attend more events so you get ‘repeats’. The people you haven't seen at events before may not want to do conventions. Jason is getting us new guests; Bruce Campbell and Brad Dourif being two that spring to mind, so just be patient.

Lastly, Psychosis and DavidB… Hmm.. I don’t see the negativity that other posters are complaining about; yes they are moderators but they also have their own opinions and haven’t (as yet) resorted to name-calling so I have no problem with them.

I think that’s enough for my first post :eek:

Well said, thats exactly what I have been saying in less words

People should go and enjoy events for what they are and the fact that Eclipse is a totally different atmosphere than a basic signing is the reason it will be a great weekend.

I find it strange that some people say they only got gold tickets for 1 or 2 autos and are now upset because 2 of eclipse guests are signing the week before.

Seems strange to me that they would rush in for gold tickets which sold out quick if that was all they wanted

Eclipse has now lost its exclusiveness.

It was never billed as anything exclusive though, was it.

Seeing Hayden and Noah, as showmasters have said, will cost you at least £80 at Manchester. That will only get you 2 auto's and 2 photo's.

At eclipse, you will be seeing 6 guests for auto's (and photo's if you have a GP - which I don't), plus parties, plus talks, etc. That's still *exclusive*.

I think people need to realise the difference between a signing event and a con. They're totally different. If you only want pics and auto's, eclipse really isn't for you. If you want talks and parties, collectormania's aren't for you.

If you want both, you're a fool and spend too much money going to both. aka - me.

I do agree in a way...

I see what you are saying and at the moment I am not attending Manchester as there is not a guest going I am interested in meeting - apart from Hayden and Noah but I am going to Eclipse the following week

In my mind, I feel that less shows would mean that there would not be so many repeat guests.... maybe as well - Showmasters would have more time to spend on each event - hence gettting better guests..

I think in a round about way you agree with me .

I think some people are feeling they are being picked on for giving their points of view , but my basic thought is , the more cons there are spread around the country, then the more choice someone has to see a guest they like in maybe a better area to suit their needs.

You say there are none at manchester so you wont go , which is the right thing to do,enjoy Eclipse as it will be great and thats all I say to others.

For those who have bought gold tickets for eclipse and now feel disappointed , well I say that they will know better next time .

For those who have bought gold tickets for eclipse and now feel disappointed , well I say that they will know better next time .

As has been mentioned before, the gold tickets had already sold out before Hayden was announced. But I'm not clear whether it's people who've bought gold tickets who are particularly upset, or those with regular passes too.

But I honestly fail to see how Hayden and Noah's appearance at another event, be it a week, a month or six months before Eclipse should devalue the experience we'll have there. There's the cocktail party for Gold Pass holders, three talks from each guest (at best, you're only going to get one in Manchester, if that) and more importantly, everyone should be more relaxed - look at all the complaints after LFCC because Hayden didn't look up, or didn't sign her full name, or was too interested in Dom Monaghan etc etc. No, I can't say for sure what she'll be like at Eclipse but what I do know is that given the choice, I'd far rather meet her at an event like that than in another rushed scrum.

(Edited because I forgot to mention the free t-shirts and gift in the hotel rooms! Now there's value for you!)

Edited by fray101