LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT Bruce Campbell

showmasters

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I know this is sooooooooooooooooooooo an old thread but had to list my confusion/indignation at the following -

http://www.mynameisbrucemovie.co.uk/

Claiming to be the official website of the film in the UK it clearly makes the claim that Bruce has not been to the UK for 21 years!!!

If you check out the forum section theres even people claiming that this is true and that Bruce said so himself at the London screening. Why would this be claimed by the man himself, has my hero forsaken me :P

• Moderators

It is a little strange, although it's likely just a way of getting more publicity - I mean it sounds impressive doesn't it? Sounds far better that way than "first visit to the UK since last year!" ..

I would assume if they do reply, they might try to just say they weren't counting fan events, and just meant promotional or something.

It is a little strange, although it's likely just a way of getting more publicity - I mean it sounds impressive doesn't it? Sounds far better that way than "first visit to the UK since last year!" ..

I would assume if they do reply, they might try to just say they weren't counting fan events, and just meant promotional or something.

Having spoken to someone who was at the London press release of the film they have confirmed that someone (maybe Bruce or his agent) did state it was first visit since 1988. As you say its probably a publicity thing though as a huge Bruce mark i feel a little overlooked right now :D