More Astronauts

Kiwi 7

With some already great astronauts announced:

Dave Scott.

James McDivitt.

Edgar Mitchell.

I would love to see some more great names:

Neil Armstrong - I know it will never happen.

John Young.

Charles Duke.

Harrison “Jack†Schmitt.

Rusty Schweickart.

Michael Collins.

Fred Haise.

William Anders.

Richard F. Gordon, Jr.

Ken Mattingly.

Anyone else agree with these guest suggestions?

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Dave Scott.

James McDivitt.

Edgar Mitchell.

Neil Armstrong - I know it will never happen.

John Young.

Charles Duke.

Harrison “Jack†Schmitt.

Rusty Schweickart.

Michael Collins.

Fred Haise.

William Anders.

Richard F. Gordon, Jr.

Ken Mattingly.

I would definitely love to see anyone on your list. I was lucky enough to meet Rusty Schweickart when he was in Glasgow in September and he was lovely and very chatty. Others I would love to see are the men from mission control such as Gene Kranz, Chris Kraft, Gerry Griffen or John Aaron.

I think the Astronaut fans have their fair share. I'm from a younger generation so can't appreciate the space guests as much as the older fans, but enough is enough I say. Now war guests...

Quick question, the was guests are far older then the Astronauts so how does being from a younger generation make a difference.

I am 23 and love the Astonauts, as it is such a major part of human history. Also a follower of military guests again as they play a part in history.

I’m of the opinion that both of you are being fairly greedy expecting more. Both space and war fans should already be equally satisfied.

So arguing like this is all a bit silly. ^_^

I’m sure Dave won’t let either of you down at future shows.

But please don’t embarrass yourselves with this self indulgent nonsense.

The remaining guests I believe should come from other fields. At the very least to give others a chance to meet their chosen hero’s too.

Yeah, come to think of it, ignore my politically correct waffle.

I'll join you CF. More space guests please.

…and why don’t we all just bring our grandparents along if you want more war guests?. They all served and played a part in the great wars after all.

Are they worth 10-15 pounds too? :drunk:

Dave Scott.

James McDivitt.

Edgar Mitchell.

Neil Armstrong - I know it will never happen. - He will NEVER do a signing again.

John Young. - No chance. Charges $395 base fee per signature via private signing

Charles Duke. - Already appeared at 3 autographicas

Harrison “Jack†Schmitt. - Highly unlikely.

Rusty Schweickart. - Appeared at Autographica 2006

Michael Collins. - Highly unlikely. Charges $295 per signature via private signing.

Fred Haise. Appeared at Autographica 2007.

William Anders. Has strong dislike of signing... so NO CHANCE!!!

Richard F. Gordon, Jr. - Already done 2 autographicas (most recently in 2005).

Ken Mattingly. - To the best of my knowledge, has never participated in an organised signing.

Apart from my comments I do agree they'd all make wonderful guests... But what about other Space Guests such as Bob Crippen (STS-1) and Story Musgrave (6 Shuttle flights)? They'd make great guests too!!

Edited by machbusterman

Dave Scott.

James McDivitt.

Edgar Mitchell.

Neil Armstrong - I know it will never happen. - He will NEVER do a signing again.

John Young. - No chance. Charges $395 base fee per signature via private signing

Charles Duke. - Already appeared at 3 autographicas

Harrison “Jack†Schmitt. - Highly unlikely.

Rusty Schweickart. - Appeared at Autographica 2006

Michael Collins. - Highly unlikely. Charges $295 per signature via private signing.

Fred Haise. Appeared at Autographica 2007.

William Anders. Has strong dislike of signing... so NO CHANCE!!!

Richard F. Gordon, Jr. - Already done 2 autographicas (most recently in 2005).

Ken Mattingly. - To the best of my knowledge, has never participated in an organised signing.

Apart from my comments I do agree they'd all make wonderful guests... But what about other Space Guests such as Bob Crippen (STS-1) and Story Musgrave (6 Shuttle flights)? They'd make great guests too!!

Indeed they would.

Never say never, if you told me four years ago that Showmasters where going to get some of the guests that they have got over the years I would of said no chance in hell. So they have a gift in terms of bring guests who you would not expect to do a show like this over.............................So I am going to say "Never say Never"

I think the Astronaut fans have their fair share. I'm from a younger generation so can't appreciate the space guests as much as the older fans, but enough is enough I say. Now war guests...

I don't think age has anything to do with it, especially because most of the wars were before the time most astronauts were active. That said, there does appear to be a nice spread of guests.