Change to Photo-Shoot Ticket Days

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We have been going over the final stages for planning the programming for Eclipse and the good news is that we should have a final timetable for the event online for you very soon! :D

We have spent quite a lot of time trying to make the event work as smoothly as possible which will help to ensure everyone gets everything they should and also with the minimal fuss!

Whilst looking at this we have decided that although we originally started selling photo shoot tickets for the same guest on both days, this is in fact, not the most efficient way of doing things for you guys. We are anxious to ensure that there are no issues with people not getting their photo sessions done or the photos back in time, and so to that end we have changed the day specific photo session tickets so that they are now not day specific.

This means that we can regulate everyone in an orderly fashion and also ensure that people are not standing in queues for too long, or indeed standing in queues when other important things are going on in the stage area!

I hope this all makes sense! We think it will enable us to make everything run much smoother and so ultimately make the event more enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks

Mark

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

Will you still be doing photo shoots both days for each guest?

I have paid for one photo shoot with each guest on both Saturday and Sunday.

I'm sorry i don't think i quite understand :headscratch:

Edited by lovbug

Sounds like a good idea to me (If my interpretation is right, in any case!)

I have a question about the photoshoots... If my husband and I wanted a photo of us together with a guest, would we need one ticket, or two?? We'd only want one copy of the photo, but also understand that this is a revenue-based event... Just curious if it's going to cost us double to have us both in the photo??

UnderStood, Luvbug i think what you will get is two tickets which can be used at anytime over the weekend.

At manchester, (i am not sure if you were there) they used a colour coded system.

you got your photo ticket and then a colour. so only people with that colour queued. it kept the weekend quick and simple and worked well!!

with your tickets i think you just need to make sure you use one each day when it is appropirate depending on the queue/colour system they employ.

I hope i have cleared the water....?

I have a question about the photoshoots... If my husband and I wanted a photo of us together with a guest, would we need one ticket, or two?? We'd only want one copy of the photo, but also understand that this is a revenue-based event... Just curious if it's going to cost us double to have us both in the photo??

As always it is one person per photoshoot ticket, so if you want to both be in it, then you will still need two photo tickets.

When I had a very brief chat with Mark the other day, the way I understood it was yes, photoshoots will still be done on both days, however, you will be called up in registration number order.

So in your case you'll probably get both your photos in one day. Mark will probably be able to clarify that further though.

As always it is one person per photoshoot ticket, so if you want to both be in it, then you will still need two photo tickets.

When I had a very brief chat with Mark the other day, the way I understood it was yes, photoshoots will still be done on both days, however, you will be called up in registration number order.

So in your case you'll probably get both your photos in one day. Mark will probably be able to clarify that further though.

Thanks Jola for answering my question I appreciate it. I bought my tickets on the understanding that I would be able to have my photo taken with the quests on both days, meaning I would be able to wear different clothes and get the experience twice. This is why I purchased them.

Having two photos taken at the same time to me is not worth the money I have spent as both the photos will look almost identical. I hope showmasters can appreciate they have changed the terms in which I have bought the tickets. If the plan is to go ahead as you described, I would like to get a refund for my duplicated photo shoots.

I would apprecaite it if you could reply as soon as possible, with clarification of the plan regarding the photo shoots and a response on how you would deal with myself and others in my situation. If it goes ahead as you described.

I can't see this plan helping to ensure that everyone gets their photoshoot back in time. There are going to be people who for various reasons are going to have to leave earlier on a particular day, can not attend one particular time, etc etc, that they're now going to be forced into if it's done by registration number?

No difference to me mind you, what with me having my awesome gold pass :YAHOO: :YAHOO:

Edited by Psychosis

so does this mean that me and my friends who have all bought tickets at difrent times wont be aloud to do anything together then? were spaced out over the course of three months in tickets so we wont be anywhere near eachother in ticket number

I can't see this plan helping to ensure that everyone gets their photoshoot back in time. There are going to be people who for various reasons are going to have to leave earlier on a particular day, can not attend one particular time, etc etc, that they're now going to be forced into if it's done by registration number?

No difference to me mind you, what with me having my awesome gold pass :YAHOO: :YAHOO:

I dunno, it makes it easier for me. I was spending a lot of time thinking which day of the photoshoot (with Hayden) I want since I'm only going to be at the event either sunday or saturday. I couldn't decide since I don't know what day's autograph session I'm being put in because I assume with me buying my ticket this late, my ticket be put on sunday's. But seriously though, if my photoshoot(s) get put on the same day it would be absolutely perfect. So I'll see what happens, now I don't have to decide anything since there isn't a specific day I need to choose, showmasters is doing that for me.

I can't say for sure without knowing what showmasters are planning, but my problem is this:

- If they're doing it by registration number as Jola suggested, people are going to be FORCED into going on one day, which might not be appropriate for them

- If they're doing it by who bought tickets earliest, people are STILL going to be forced into going on a particular day that they may or may not want

- If they do it based on who turns up for the photoshoot first (which I doubt because that'll mean more queueing, not less) than it could mean a slow day on Saturday and then a mass pileup of people on Sunday, where they can't get through all the people, and both the people who don't get photos and showmasters (who don't get as much money) lose out. If people decide beforehand which day to go to, they'd be able to cap the numbers when people are paying.

Of course, there could quite well be things they're planning that I haven't thought of, just thought I'd threw out my initial thoughts.

I guess Showmasters was trying to keep queueing at the actual event to a minimum with the pre-sale of photo session tickets before the event. I've seen people being in line forever to make sure they got photo session tickets at several other events.

oh i agree and its horrible when you just miss out as my boyfriend well knows i guess i'm just so used to that system lol and its been a while since i was at a convention with more than 500 or so people so you start to forget things actually sell out (i much prefer smaller events for the relaxed atmosphere)

I can't say for sure without knowing what showmasters are planning, but my problem is this:

- If they're doing it by registration number as Jola suggested, people are going to be FORCED into going on one day, which might not be appropriate for them

- If they're doing it by who bought tickets earliest, people are STILL going to be forced into going on a particular day that they may or may not want

- If they do it based on who turns up for the photoshoot first (which I doubt because that'll mean more queueing, not less) than it could mean a slow day on Saturday and then a mass pileup of people on Sunday, where they can't get through all the people, and both the people who don't get photos and showmasters (who don't get as much money) lose out. If people decide beforehand which day to go to, they'd be able to cap the numbers when people are paying.

Of course, there could quite well be things they're planning that I haven't thought of, just thought I'd threw out my initial thoughts.

when do you think showmasters are going to tell us how the photos are going to work??

so have I got this right??

I've ordered a photo shoot with Hayden, Zachary and David on the Sunday - (most excited about the Zachary part! :YAHOO: lol) Does this mean that although I have sunday bookings as such, I can actually use them on the Saturday in case the queues are crazy Sunday???

Also, does anyone know if we get tickets before or pick it all up on the day???

Thanks!

:D

so have I got this right??

I've ordered a photo shoot with Hayden, Zachary and David on the Sunday - (most excited about the Zachary part! :YAHOO: lol) Does this mean that although I have sunday bookings as such, I can actually use them on the Saturday in case the queues are crazy Sunday???

Also, does anyone know if we get tickets before or pick it all up on the day???

Thanks!

:D

as far as i understand you get your entry programme 2 weeks before and you pick up the photo ticket when you register there

Edited by kiddymakamura