Dismay

Avengers7

Not sure how to put this but here goes

I came on this forum at 5.30 only to find what could be described as a disgusting topic opened by a newbie on l****** ***. Children do come on this forum and thats the last thing any of us want to see. I'm glad it has been taken off by a moderator but is there anyway of stopping this sort of thing from happening again?

I didn't see the topic in question, but unfortunately the forums are always getting spammed with something. The mods on here do a good job in trying to catch the offensive topics and deleting them, but some do still slip through the net occasionally.

You can always select the "report post" tab to bring it to the attention of the mods if it was missed.

I came on this forum at 5.30 only to find what could be described as a disgusting topic opened by a newbie on l****** ***. Children do come on this forum and thats the last thing any of us want to see. I'm glad it has been taken off by a moderator but is there anyway of stopping this sort of thing from happening again?

What you saw was a post by a "spambot"; a fake user, generated and registered here by a piece of malicious software, with the sole purpose of posting such tripe.

I have observed that the Moderators and Administrators of these boards are quick to remove such "members" - and their posts - and I assume that all reasonable measures are in place to prevent as many as possible of these things from getting on the boards in the first place.

Yes, one slipped through a few weeks back. My eyes popped open when I saw it as I thought it was a genuine user and couldn't believe they had the gall to post that and then hang around! I didn't spot the Report Post function (I'd backed out of there pretty quick and never thought about how to report abusive posts before so never noticed the button on other threads) but by the time I'd composed an email about it it was gone. Phew!

I can't believe people do this kind of thing...

• Moderators

Yes, they are reported and/or dealt with asap - there are many in this section, and if this is the first one you've noticed then we're doing a good job :smile:

There are a few of us to deal with them, but we do have other things to be doing too, so unfortunately on occasion there will be one or two that hang around for a bit.

They're usually easily recognisible with the 'smilie' next to the topic title etc.