Furries!

Gojira

• 1 month later...

Fur And Loathing ;)

I get the costuming thing, but some folk do take it to a level somewhat disturbing to me... Still, what folk do behind closed doors is their own business I guess.

Plenty of folk probably think I'm a nutter for wearing plastic armour and carrying a pulse rifle!

I see... yet another person who thinks that furries are nothing but sexual deviants....(i love CSI but there they SUCKED making us look bad for no reason) :WINCE:

*SIGH*

Before stating stuff like that, go to a proper furry convention.... there are enough of them in UK, Germany and other European countries...and you'll see! And you have "regular" business convention where things happen in the hotel rooms between participants, eh?

I'm a furry, i've been to MANY conventions and never seen anything "improper" happening there.

There is even an article in the convention rules that states that ANY "inapporpriate" behaviour of that type would get you expelled!

That includes: wearing a fursuit "anatomically correct" without proper clothing on them, revealing any part of a fursuit that should be covered if it were skin, the use of collar and leashes, and so on!

I even saw a guy in a rubber frog fursuit being forbidden to wear it because it was rubber and could be considered fetish... :P

I don't deny that *some* people might get a kink for fursuits.. but that's not ALL of us. What happen between them in hotel rooms is none of any other people's business. PERIOD.

After all, how many people gets aroused by a nurse uniform?

You don't go all over the place claiming nurses are pervs that only dress like that to excite others!!

I own a fursuit and when i see how hard it is to breathe in that after 3 minutes walking, i couldn't even consider for half a second *that* kind of activity in that costume... NO WAY! :blink:

The point of a furry convention is having fun with your friends, talk, laugh, dance, play games like DDR, wear a suit if you like that, do photos, buy and sell art... but it's NOT an orgy! ;)

So please, stop throwing stones at us not knowing what you are talking about.

Thank you.

:D

She's talking about people wearing a nurses uniform as a costume not nurses as in people in the nursing profession. Many people find a nurses uniform exciting and all she is trying to say is that just because some people happen to find it exciting, should the wearing of one as a costume automatically mean that you are trying to entice peoples interest rather than wearing it just for fun?

I understand what she was trying to get at, but she clearly characterised Nurses as a whole only wear what they do to arouse men, which is totally absurd.

Yes, some people do get aroused by nurses’ uniforms...but it's the watcher who is aroused, not the wearer.

It's a practical uniform, sure people have sexual fantasises which play on the nurse thing, but that's their fantasy....not the Nurse's who have dressed up, who are trying to do a job..

You don't go all over the place claiming nurses are pervs that only dress like that to excite others!!

I'm not going to go into a local hospital and think these women (and men) who are 'dressed' up do so because they have a fetish, but because they have a job and that is the proper attire for their job. It's completely different. If I see someone one on all fours dressed as an animal and barking like a dog, then I'm not exactly going to think it's normal.

Jesus, just to throw the comparison in that Furries are the same as Nurses' is ridiculous. Furries dress up because they want to. Nurses's 'dress up' because it is part of their job regardless of what fetish someone has.

I really don't have anything against Furries, do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, but comparing dressing up as an animal to the Nursing profession is a bit silly.

Edited by DarkElfUK

If I see someone one on all fours dressed as an animal and barking like a dog, then I'm not exactly going to think it's normal.

Well.. maybe he's doing that to amuse kids that are around? or entertain people, simply?

Why is it abnormal?

(Ok, i apologize for the nurse thing was just a bad example...)

Let's take clowns as another example.. not much people find odd that they act silly, tumbling around, and such, just because they wear a costume that is easily recognisable by everyone...(actually i find them rather creepy, clowns)

So why is someone wearing a animal costume and doing the same (rolling around, hopping, etc) "not normal"?

I had a blast this very WE with some friends in a public park.. we entertained children, had parents congratulating us...

And when we went back home, we didn't jumped on each other all aroused !!!

All i want to say is that... stop claiming that Furries = sex!

Edited by Cookie

I think she meant people who dress up in a nurse's uniform as a costume, not actual nurses.

Thank you thats exactly the point I was trying to get over to DarkElfUK

She's talking about people wearing a nurses uniform as a costume not nurses as in people in the nursing profession.

See DarkElfUK...did I at any point mention Nurse in Hospitals?? Please at least try to read both my (and cookie's) posts and fully understand them before you jump in with a response.

Neither of us have claimed that Nurses try to arouse people by wearing their uniforms. All we are saying is that while a small section of people have decided to view Nurses uniforms as sexy they by no means are expresing the views of everyone. In the same way, a small section of the furry community view their costumes as a source of a arrousal it is not something felt by the community as a whole.

Basically don't judge everyone by the standards of the few!!!

Are you an idiot Magenta Jan, I never even commented on your post. I was commenting on what Cookie posted and she has even admitted she was wrong, saying it was a bad example, so don't accuse me of not fully understanding a post.

Like I said, I don't have any major issues with Furries, I just didn't like the comparison with the nursing profession.

Read her post again...

Her statement clearly applies to all nurses. How could it not?

Someone who is dressed as a nurse (but who is not a nurse) will more than likely be doing it for the fantasy of someone else, which is where the 'perv' comment Cookie made applies.

Oh and Cookie, I am glad you had a good weekend, sounds like you made some good entertainment for the kids. I do completely understand why you wanted to defend your hobby and you don't have to justify it to me, but I couldn't just sit there and let you draw that comparison, hope there's no hard feelings.

Edited by DarkElfUK

Well forgive me for thinking you had replied to my post considering you wote it straight after mine.

Nice to see that you're so quick to insult someone who disagrees with what you say.

If you take a quick look at where she's from you'll realise that English isn't her first language so maybe its just possible that the way she wrote the nurses comment might just have been an accident and come across in a way she didn't quite intend. That was all I was trying to get across to you.

I'm so sorry for treading on your toes

Edited by Magenta_Jan

i dont think you are an idiot at all magenta, i can see all your points, but i understand why Cookie made that point on pigeonholing. its probably the same as why people think everyone who wears black is a goth. just live and let live really. iv seen a photo of your outfit cookie an its cracking thumbs up to you hon.

oh an sorry for butting in.

:D

Edited by DocVader

Case closed then!

Furries are NOT pervs:) (well some might be but then i'ts their problem, not mine - and there are in all kind of hobbies:) ).

Thanks for the compliment on my outfit. You'll see it at several CM events:)

(yes, i'm not english-spoken so bear with me if i'm sounding not clear, sometimes!)