Can I just say something...

surfy_sah

oops I've not been on here since 19th Oct :o (because that was my last day off I wasn't crewing/stewarding at a con/event :D) so sorry it's so late but I just wanted to say this:

SANDWHICHES.

as a member of the Green Room Crew on the Saturday of C12, myself and another crew member, Julie, were in charge of sorting out lunch for ALL the crew an SMers and buying stuff for guests :help:

in all fairness, we bough about 200 sandwhiches and went to 3 different supermarkets (Sainsburys, Waitrose and Iceland) to get them.

all crew take note!!!: :firedevil:

sandwhiches with no butter/marge/spread DO NOT EXIST!!!!

plain cheese sandwhiches DO NOT EXIST!!!!

"low fat" sandwhiches DO NOT EXIST (in these supermarkets)!!!!

tuna comes with sweetcorn, deal with it!!!!

sandwhiches often come with salad, take it out!!!!

yes no-mayo sarnies do exist, but only on things like chicken/chicken stuffing and not all sandwhiches!!!!

if you are fussy or have a dietary requirement, we got you fruit instead of missing you out, be greatful! :poki:

if you put "anything" and complained about getting cheese and onion (because Sainsburys had half a shelf of these for some reason :blink: ) then you should not have put "anything"!!!!

if you put chicken and ended up with stuffing, you still had chicken!!!!!

yes Marks & Sparks sell different sandwhiches to Sainsburys/Iceand/Waitrose but that is at the opposite end of the mall and the Green Room crew only get a certain amount of time allocated to sort out lunch before the guests have lunch and need serving, there is not enough time to go down there and also they cost more (we had a budget) and we already had an entire trolley overfollowing with carrier bags of sandwhiches!!

we had a carrier bag of "spare" sarnies and the Ops crew were told to tell the PBs that if a sandwhich we got you was unsuitable, to check this bag, again sorry if this didn't happen

sorry if you did not get the exact sandwhich you wanted :( but we had lists from all the pitbosses (some alot more straight forward than others - special thanks to PB Sharon who used 5 bar gate and simple choices like "chicken" "vegitarian" "egg" etc and Ops crew member Ian so wrote "BLT" etc on the Ops list :clap: ) and just worked our way through the pile. it is just unfortunate that having bought nearly all of Sainsburys and Waitrose' sarnies that thre were not enough for all the specific requirements towards to end of the pile. Appologies.

please remember that Showmasters are the ONLY events/convention organiser to provide refreshments (sarnies, drinks, crisps, chocolate...) let alone gratuity and hotel rooms, so be greatful!! :thumbup:

see you all at GMEX this weekend wahooo! :YAHOO:

surfy sah xx

ps-me and Julie rock for using sharpies to write on the sarnies, according to the lists, to make it easier for PBs to distribute them and cause less fuss over who get what, go us!!!!! :lol:

you'll probably be ok to get something that is fish free :help: as that only really means avoiding tuna!!!

but, yeah, you might end up with a cute little pot of fruit instead :firedevil:

just make sure your PB is aware of your allergy, they always ask when sorting out sarnies :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

you'll probably be ok to get something that is fish free :blink: as that only really means avoiding tuna!!!

but, yeah, you might end up with a cute little pot of fruit instead :thumbup:

just make sure your PB is aware of your allergy, they always ask when sorting out sarnies :help:

surfy sah xx

okay thanks alot :YAHOO:

I'm well excited/nervous. I've never been to anything like this before :firedevil:

Sah,

Whilst I agree with most of your points there, sorry i have to pick one or 2 out and critise them..

if you are fussy or have a dietary requirement, we got you fruit instead of missing you out, be greatful!

There are some crew members, who have VERY specific dietry requirements.. if these are not met it could end in serious consequences for them.. so your statement of BE GRATEFUL that we gave you fruit instead of going without.. hits a very tender nerve with me. A few pieces of fruit cannot sustain that person through a very long day and MUST have suitable arrangements made for them. It costs no more money or time to say nip to for example.. Lets Eat in MK and grab a specific sandwich from there. (which incidently they will happily make for you) Even if they pay for it themselves.

oh and tuna DOES come without sweetcorn... Most sandwiches DO NOT come with salad.. ( i for one cannot stand fresh lettuce or tomato nor can i eat anything that it has touched..so taking it OUT the sandwich is not an option for me! )

I have to step in here and just make a point or two.

I am ONE of the picky eaters in the crew - and i was very grateful for the fruit at C12 - but i do object to the slightly sarcastic tone of your email. (and lets face it there is no one more sarcastic than me!)

I work pretty much every event there is and i often (and by often i mean 95% of the time) do not get a sandwich at all. I tend to get a few bars of chocolate in the morning and a few bottles of water which last me all day.

I do not like things added to sandwiches - ie mayo, pickle, mustard, salad cream etc. And yes i know that makes me a fussy cow but hey that is life, and you do not see me moaning if i don't get fed.

BUT there are people who are allergic to stuff or are vegan etc who even though they notify the green room, do sometimes get ignored. It depends who is in there doing the job.

The point that Disney made is a valid one - The let's eat shop do PLAIN sandwiches, such as just tuna, just cheese, just egg etc. Its closer than Marks, Tesco etc so how hard could it be to maybe call in there for a dozen sandwiches?

I am not oblivious to the fact that this only applies to Milton Keynes, everywhere else is come what may, but don't rag at people who are working all day - sometimes in positions they can't move from just because they moan at not being fed, or left with something they cant eat.

And yes we are eternally grateful food is provided, but it's slightly unfair to lump everyone in the same boat, most people are quite happy with what they get.

I'm a veggie and just don't want meat or fish!

Not asking much and I still never get a sandwich :o

We need to stop all the meat eaters stealing the veggie ones! They obv change their minds when the sandwiches are given out :o:D

Edited by Gandalfia

• Showmasters Admin

I'm going to close this thread as this is not the place to discuss this.

I am aware that there are issues with the crew lunch food. I do have plans to sort this issue out for next years events.

If you do have any specific issues on the day of a show, please do talk to your Pit Boss, or talk to me. I did sort out getting food for a couple of crew at C12 that were having issues due to very specific dietary requirements.