Showmasters tell Earls Court well to Stick it!

Dr Evil

like i said in another thread...Earls Court were out of order for the venue they gave Showmasters,so shouldn't Showmasters try looking else where?....how about somewhere like the Old Millenium dome,think they call it the O2 now....plenty of parking might even be cheaper to park there...this is just one suggestion...there must be a few good locations around London.

• Moderators

I think everyone would just be happy with a move back to EC2 really ..

I quite like the venue, and the location, and the transport links are decent too. I'm not convinced the O2 is much better in terms of that, plus god knows how much that'd cost lol

Oh and the LFACC '08 dates were on the crew tshirts so I'd assume they're booked already?

Edited by DavidB

I quite like the venue, and the location, and the transport links are decent too. I'm not convinced the O2 is much better in terms of that, plus god knows how much that'd cost lol

Oh and the LFACC '08 dates were on the crew tshirts so I'd assume they're booked already?

i noticed that a date has been set on next years event...i assume Showmasters have it in writing that they get EC2 for those dates?....who has the best lawyers? :YAHOO:

Yep the dates are there but there is no venue so they are keeping their options open by the looks...

Eurgh, gotta agree the place was grotty, lighting was horrendous and no power points for anything. We hoped to do a costume make on the Sunday seeing as there were probs doing the talk but with no powerpoint, I couldn't use my machine :S

Some of EC staff were so rude too. I turned up at 2145 after travelling for 4 hours, 15 mins before they were closing the car park and threatened with Police action if I didn't drive off the premises as it was 10 o'clock :D No one would listen to me or the organiser I was going with and I only found 1 member of staff prepared to help me and show me the car park that was open til half ten.

Saying this tho, I have been to much worse and at least it wasn't cramped at all.

Why not go back to Wembley?

Even the arenas have now had a face lift haven’t they?

Much easier to park, etc…:headscratch:

Wembley convention centre has been demolished...there's nowhere there now to hold it

Move out of London all together, its just a total nightmare!

lol, it wouldnt be LONDON Film & Comic Con if it wasnt in London now would it? :chair:

What about Alexandra Palace for LFCC next year? It's a wonderful venue, it looks fantastic, it's got good facilities, it's a historical building and it's in a good location. I've been to lots of shows and exhibitions there and it's even been used for the Brit Awards :chair: There are even separate smaller rooms that can be used for talks, photos, green rooms etc. Come on SM!

http://www.alexandrapalace.com/

Edited by jael001