What do I say?

• Showmasters Admin

Give the FAQ a read :D

What should I say to a guest and how should I act?

The main thing to remember is THEY ARE ONLY HUMAN. Yes they've been on TV or in a film but they're no different to you or I. What would you say to someone you meet in the pub? Just be yourself.

So a good start is:

Hi, I'm YOUR NAME. It's nice to meet you, how are you today?

Not a good start:

Wibble...*stare*...*giggle*...*run*

How friendly you can or should be with the guests is obviously a personal thing to both you and the guest. Like with anyone you meet you can normally gauge if someone is going to like personal interaction or not. Just use your common sense. If the guest looks happy and bouncy and you want to hug or kiss the guest. Ask nicely and maybe you'll be lucky. Pretty much all the guests are happy to shake your hand, so just put it out there

You may have a specific question you want to ask. Just ask it.

If not, you can always use the old tried and tested ones:

What are you working on at the moment?

Did you enjoy working on xxxxxx?

Do you keep in touch with anyone from xxxxxx?

What's your favourite episode/scene from xxxxxx?

Do you enjoy doing events like this?

If they're from the US - How do the UK events compare to the US ones?

If you hadn't guessed you may want to replace xxxxxx with the name of the film or program you liked them in :borg:

Basically you can talk to them about anything you like (within reason). Saying that if you put a bit of thought and research into it first you may find you'll get more out of them talking about things you know interest them.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had a whole speil sorted out for Erin Gray, and when I actually met her my brain just completely turned to mush. I remember watching Buck Rogers in my early teens and thinking "wow, this woman is sex on toast", and then 20 years later I've got my arm around her for a picture, she still looks great, and I was just completely speechless - could barely form a sentence. Only time I've ever been star struck really!

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had a whole speil sorted out for Erin Gray, and when I actually met her my brain just completely turned to mush. I remember watching Buck Rogers in my early teens and thinking "wow, this woman is sex on toast", and then 20 years later I've got my arm around her for a picture, she still looks great, and I was just completely speechless - could barely form a sentence. Only time I've ever been star struck really!

Ill probably be like that with Hayden Panettiere :D

I always tried to think of something to say when I meet the stars, but no matter how I try I just end up nodding and muttering the odd 'yes'.

With James Marsters he was chatting away to me and I could barely get out a sentence that didn't make me sound like a complete idiot!

Well Wot can i say I met Mark Hamill at the Star Wars Celebration thang.. and I asked Him what was his Fav cheese.. to which he gave me a 5 min ans.. and introduced me to his daughter and wife...

however a few more good questions to ask are as follows..

1. All of the Corrs or non of the CoRrs.OR

2 WOT WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT A SHARK OR A BEAR.. TAKIN IN TO ACCOUNT THE BEAR AND THE SHARK COULD FIGHT ON LAND!!..

Edited by Twix aka Ben

I had so much to say to Jensen Ackles and when I got there my throat just completely froze. So embarassing trying to squeak out a few words.

I think I was the same with Robert Patrick. I called him 'the melty man' in Terminator because I was young when it came out, and when I met him it was a case of "omigod... omigod... it's the melty man... SAY SOMETHING DAMNIT!"

Edited by Psychosis

Don't plan on more than 'hello' and see what happens - I've ended up in the weirdest of conversations without any planning because something has happened as I've approached the table/they've seen something you're wearing/holding etc. Just smile and say hi. :unsure:

I usually just compliment the guests on something they've done that I'm especially impressed with or ask them anything I've wondered about behnd-the-scenes type stuff, or talk about their fellow co-stars. It helps a bit if the guest has an upcoming project because if I have a brain fart I can always just ask questions about that...when I met John Simm in London a couple of weeks ago I complimented him on his recent role in Doctor Who and asked about an upcoming movie that he'd shot, for example. :)

oh i remember the first 'famous' person i talked to, i was a stuttering idiot, i was shaking and a lil nervous... but ive gotten over it, when i met famous people im excited and just tend to smile and laugh and talk non-stop!!!

xxx frenchi / harri

When I met James Marsters in May at C11, I was completly star struck and I coundnt say anything but skake nervously and say thanks for the autograph! hehehe But when I saw him at the Photo op thing, I was a lot more calm and managed to give him my letter i wrote to him!!!

>sighs< good times hehehe

Hi this will be my first time going to LFCC and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to say to the guests when I meet them.

Me and the wife went to Music Mania Live on Sunday - it was the first time we had gone to an event of this kind. Our plan was to meet and chat to Toyah, Paul Young and Howard Jones. I thought I would be nervous (I'm a little shy too) but it was surprisingly easy to hold conversations with them.

With Toyah, I just started off with "Hello Toyah, how ya doin'?" (She's totally gorgeous by the way)

With Howard Jones it was easy 'cos I've been buying his stuff for 24 years - When I was talking to Toyah, he recognised us! Chatted for ages we did.

With Paul Young I just approached him and, knowing he had cancelled a gig due to being ill, simply said " Mr young, how's ya cold?"

They are there to be approached and spoken with. Be polite, start off with a simsple Hi or hello, tell them who you are and take it from there. From experience, they're just as likely to ask you a question as you are them.

Have fun!

Edited by twinkle39