What did you think of Book 7?

rainbowsparkle

I absolutely LOVED the book! It is definitely my favourite out of all 7! :wub::wub:

SNAPE!!! I'm so happy we were right about him...awwww, all the references to him in the epilogue made me cry! He is undoubtedly my favourite character now. He always was up there, but now it's concrete! Yay, his patronus :wub::wub::P

In fact, there were quite a few moments that brought me to tears....Dobby's burial, Harry using the resurrection stone ( Harry to his mother: "stay close to me" - OMG, I couldn't control myself any longer lol!), the thought of George being without his twin *sob*

Everything was just perfect! I loved the arc in Ron's character...and when he re-appeared in the Forest of Dean I was actually cheering to myself! And yay for him and Hermione's kiss! That was excellent! I've always been for Rom/Hermione (much more so than Harry/Ginny) :(

I was thrilled that JK used Dumbledore "beyond the grave" (so to speak) in this book. It wouldn't be the same without his pearls of wisdom...and I really loved he was finally unveilled as being human and flawed like the rest of us! LOVE that man! :wub:

Albus Severus Potter! A name to cause SO many flushed heads, but immensely touching! I loved JK for that :wub:

Neville was awesome in this book...as was Mrs Weasley taking on Bellatrix! GO MOLLY! Haha, every character really had 'their moment' which I really appreciated. McGonagall was great as ever!

Oh, I could waffle on for AGES here. Seriously, I loved it so much. I don't know whether to cheer or cry (I can't believe it's all over...)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, what am I gonna' do NOW?????? :unsure::unsure:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J.K. Rowling: Well, I don’t think that George would ever get over losing Fred, which makes me feel so sad. However, he names his first child and son Fred, and he goes on to have a very successful career, helped by good old Ron.

Well, if it makes you sad, why did you write it?!?

I'm seriously thinking of forming a "Fred's Not Dead!" Club lol :wub: I can't cope with this!

So, for others who can't cope with it...

"Six months after the final battle, Fred came out of his coma and the whole family apologised profusely for mistaking his unconscious state as death, until he was seen twitching a little next to the other bodies. Fred, however, thought the whole thing was a great joke and, years later, it was his favourite story to entertain his grandchildren with."

See? :(

Or maybe we could have a Weasley series a bit like Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) - Weasley and Weasley (Deceased). Hehehehe.... :unsure:

Desperate, me? Nah..... :unsure:

Edited by rainbowsparkle

I loved the book, I kept crying on all the deaths :YAHOO: But I thought how J.K.Rowling ended the book, was brilliant, the best ending there could have been I think. :dance:

Ooh I am loving that badge rainbowsparkle B)

I will sign the petition now pippinweasley :D

x

• 2 weeks later...

Still keeping this in here to avoid spoilers for others but - has anyone else seen the Fred Weasley tribute movies on You Tube????? :wub: Some of them are amazing! Check out the "Brothers Forever" one - the mock gravestone at the end. Man, I was wailing, absolutely sobbing. Some of them were so moving...There are tributes to all the characters who dies, but the Fred ones are something else...

I really enjoyed the book, especially as I managed to stay largely spoiler-free despite having to wait until my sister had lent me her copy and my wife had finished reading it.

I'm glad no-one spoilt it for you. My best friend said there's an 8-week queue at the library - she refuses to buy it, or borrow my copy for some reason - so I have to keep my trap shut about it! Unfortunately for her, I just couldn't keep quiet about Fred cos I was so upset about it so she knows about that one...oh, well... :smile:

Loved the book esp Gringotts and the forest scene but why my favourite characters, she'd already taken Sirius and then to take Remus and Dora oh the pain. Wow did i cry

Love the badge i need one of those for Remus and Dora, you can't imagine George without Fred and the music videos on youtube are so sad (Love the ones for the Marauders)