Guests

• Moderators

They get announced when they get announced really.

Sometimes we get a topic pinned at the top telling people there'll be announcements on a particular day or something, but it doesn't always happen.

Most of the time they just randomly happen so you just have to check back :thumbup:

Oh good - ANOTHER one of these threads :dance::dance::dance:

I was asking showmasters a question not you dufus but as another user recently said, some people feel compelled to comment on everything.......

Was only enquiring..................if thats allowed for gods sake.

and davidb:

"They get announced when they get announced really."

Really?? Didn't know that lol

Edited by rich5wolves

:uhoh: my point was that there were already half a dozen threads asking exactly the same thing !!

And by posting in the forum you are automatically asking us all - if you wanted to ask SMs exclusively, that's what email is for :dance:

• Moderators

"They get announced when they get announced really."

Really?? Didn't know that lol

Well I'm glad I could help :dance:

Nah I know it sounds stupid but the person was new, and doesn't know anything :dance:

:uhoh: my point was that there were already half a dozen threads asking exactly the same thing !!

And by posting in the forum you are automatically asking us all - if you wanted to ask SMs exclusively, that's what email is for :P

The emails that never get answered you mean lol ^_^

And by posting in the forum you are automatically asking us all - if you wanted to ask SMs exclusively, that's what email is for :(

The emails that never get answered you mean lol :rolleyes:

[/quote

You know - this kind of post seems to popping up on the another show thread more and more often....can't help wondering what is happening behind the scenes, cos it sure isnt happening round here is it?! :P

There is only 5 months to go before the event, and it would be nice to have at least some idea of what treats lie in store for us. SM are experts at signing events, but conventions are a totally different ball game and seem to attract a different breed of fan - the kind who likes to plan their weekend, and costume and which guests they are going to see etc etc.

I sincerely hope everything is going to plan....and pray that SM find time in their already hectic schedule and remember to tell us all their good news before people give up on the event due to lack of information!

R xx

PS. You gotta get Thomas Robbins - just think... Smeagol and Deagol together doing a panel - it will be a riot!!! :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

And by posting in the forum you are automatically asking us all - if you wanted to ask SMs exclusively, that's what email is for :wub:

The emails that never get answered you mean lol :dance:

You know - this kind of post seems to popping up on the another show thread more and more often....can't help wondering what is happening behind the scenes, cos it sure isnt happening round here is it?! :wub:

There's a number of e-mails from the period I was away which are, as yet, unanswered, largely because it takes time to work through the several thousand e-mails which came in during that time while at the same time handling the preparations for all our upcoming shows, another show included.

There is only 5 months to go before the event, and it would be nice to have at least some idea of what treats lie in store for us. SM are experts at signing events, but conventions are a totally different ball game and seem to attract a different breed of fan - the kind who likes to plan their weekend, and costume and which guests they are going to see etc etc.

I know conventions pretty well - before working for Showmasters I helped run more than a dozen conventions, with talks, parties, fancy dress competitions, parties (with both live bands and djs, sometimes one or other, sometimes both), make-up demonstrations, etc.; assisted at varying levels at over 50; and have attended more conventions than I count (I lost track when it went into 3 figures). Many of our regular crew come from a background of working conventions. We know what bits are similar to signing events, and we know what bits are different, and we are not inexperienced at this.

I sincerely hope everything is going to plan....and pray that SM find time in their already hectic schedule and remember to tell us all their good news before people give up on the event due to lack of information!

As you say, our schedule is hectic, but we do have several things in the pipeline, not just guests, and we will endeavour to finalise arrangements so we can start announcing them soon.

Regards

Stuart

And by posting in the forum you are automatically asking us all - if you wanted to ask SMs exclusively, that's what email is for :P

The emails that never get answered you mean lol :wub:

You know - this kind of post seems to popping up on the another show thread more and more often....can't help wondering what is happening behind the scenes, cos it sure isnt happening round here is it?! ;)

There's a number of e-mails from the period I was away which are, as yet, unanswered, largely because it takes time to work through the several thousand e-mails which came in during that time while at the same time handling the preparations for all our upcoming shows, another show included.

I know conventions pretty well - before working for Showmasters I helped run more than a dozen conventions, with talks, parties, fancy dress competitions, parties (with both live bands and djs, sometimes one or other, sometimes both), make-up demonstrations, etc.; assisted at varying levels at over 50; and have attended more conventions than I count (I lost track when it went into 3 figures). Many of our regular crew come from a background of working conventions. We know what bits are similar to signing events, and we know what bits are different, and we are not inexperienced at this.

As you say, our schedule is hectic, but we do have several things in the pipeline, not just guests, and we will endeavour to finalise arrangements so we can start announcing them soon.

Regards

Stuart

Stuart,

Thank you for such a prompt response - it's good to know you are out there reading our posts. :P

I too have experience in organising VERY large events with multi-national speakers, demonstrators, exhibitors. Also of building displays, setting stages and the complicated subject of ticketing structures, so i really DO appreciate what is involved and certainly don't doubt the capabilities of SM and Dirk to pull off an event to remember. That was never my point... only that after looking around the rest of the upcoming events threads, it seems like another show uk (and Gmex too) have increasing numbers of people asking what is happening because there has been very little offical input for sometime and we are feeling a little neglected and un-loved.

However, I will stand firm and say that in my experience, convention go-ers are a different breed of fan from autograph collectors and like to plan ahead, (to the very last detail usually!) whereas collectors seem happy to "drop in" if there is someone who's autograph they need. Lets face it... a convention is a very involved event and is usually much more costly than a signing event so it is a much bigger commitment for us and we need to know it is going to be worth it.

I will look forward to hearing your announcements about another show UK!

Best wishes!

Rosie

• Showmasters Admin

Stuart,

Thank you for such a prompt response - it's good to know you are out there reading our posts. :D

I'm trying to make a point of checking in on the forums as and when time permits, in part because this section has been a little neglected over the last few months.

I too have experience in organising VERY large events with multi-national speakers, demonstrators, exhibitors. Also of building displays, setting stages and the complicated subject of ticketing structures, so i really DO appreciate what is involved and certainly don't doubt the capabilities of SM and Dirk to pull off an event to remember. That was never my point... only that after looking around the rest of the upcoming events threads, it seems like another show uk (and Gmex too) have increasing numbers of people asking what is happening because there has been very little offical input for sometime and we are feeling a little neglected and un-loved.

As explained elsewhere, there's been a reason why there has been less "official input" of late, especially in my case. Now that I am back, we are moving full speed ahead with our plans for all our upcoming shows. There were similar concerns raised in the Glasgow section about lack of announcements, but you'll notice the addition of several guests and the website finally going up, all in the last month to six weeks; another show and Manchester are a little further away and so a little further behind on that curve, but they haven't been forgotten. I won't argue with people feeling perhaps "a little neglected" but you aren't "unloved."

However, I will stand firm and say that in my experience, convention go-ers are a different breed of fan from autograph collectors and like to plan ahead, (to the very last detail usually!) whereas collectors seem happy to "drop in" if there is someone who's autograph they need. Lets face it... a convention is a very involved event and is usually much more costly than a signing event so it is a much bigger commitment for us and we need to know it is going to be worth it.

I won't argue with any of that either - but you'd said

SM are experts at signing events, but conventions are a totally different ball game

which gave the impression that you didn't think we had experience outside the signing events, a misapprehension I wanted to correct.

Thanks for listening and the best wishes, and if you bear with us just a little longer we should have a number of guest and programming announcements soon.

Regards

Stuart