photo shoots

royalmale

could we have some photo shoots for Fridays pleaseeeeeeeee...we don't all attend everyday and Fridays is not always the busiest , so ample time to arrange them!..I was one of the originals asking for photo shoots and was told by showmasters they won't happen!!but we now have them..but always never on Fridays...come on look after the fans and the supporters of Collectormania we are what makes it...without us? I always come Fridays and the Guests are always twiddling their thumbs , when they have no signings so they go off on another break....we will be watching this time showmasters...make some good decisions...and don't double book!????

myself and others like sarahbuffy want friday photoshoots!!!!!!

anyone else leave your comments here too!

Edited by royalmale

• Moderators

Friday is one of the quietest days, which is likely the main reason why they won't happen then, compared to you believing it's a reason why they should.

It makes a lot more sense for them to have them for an hour on a Saturday and/or Sunday than having to mess around with an additional day for a couple of people. It's more organisation effort and cost for nothing really.

And also, with it being quieter on a Friday, it's more likely people can just get photos at the desks so demand may be even lower.

Edited by DavidB

@royalmale That's a great idea, I always go on a friday because I have to work on the weekends. I was totally gutted last year when I met Ernie Hudson and he told me that he had bought his Gostbusters outfit, but the photo shoot was for sunday only.

I think they choose Sunday's on purpose to make people go for the full 3 days, I did all my autographs and trowlled the stores in about 5 hours last time.

Another vote for Friday Photo Shoots here. :blush:

• Moderators

I think they choose Sunday's on purpose to make people go for the full 3 days...

Would that not work better if they did photo shoots on FRIDAY only? That way forcing the majority who go at the weekend to have to come on the Friday too ..

I think they choose Sunday's on purpose to make people go for the full 3 days...

Would that not work better if they did photo shoots on FRIDAY only? That way forcing the majority who go at the weekend to have to come on the Friday too ..

Not really as you always have sundays and never Fridays, how about being fair and letting Friday people have an opportunity as well for ONCE.

So either Friday & Saturday

or Friday & Sunday.

But I guess you all know best and will continue doing what you like.

• Moderators

I know it must be disappointing but I think it's fairest to have these things on the busiest days. Yes, of course there's the financial reasons too, but there would be more disappointed people missing out on the other days.

Don't forget it's likely that the photographer has to be hired and paid for etc, and so it'd have to be worth getting them to do a shoot on a Friday. Obviously I don't know the specifics but I doubt the demand is there to make it worthwhile.

Friday will always be more likely to be the day that people still have to work, and so can't attend.

Edited by DavidB

If Fridays were not viable financially for Showmasters they wouldn't happen and Fridays wouldn't be included

in Collectormainia...I'm sure all guests get paid in Lump sums for their presence..so fill their time with what the fans want....

So DavidB just out of interest what days or day do you usually attend?

Also it should be noted that most of the stars I talk to, would love to do a photo shoot, but showmasters and a certain us actress/Jcb decide over both fans and those she says she represents!

Oh, are we getting into the nowadays so popular "let's blame JCB" game again? :lol:

Are you an agent? Have you been a guest at a show once? Do you work for Showmasters? My guess is no. Why on earth are you so sure about stipulations in guests contracts?

And even if the guests do get paid a lump sum: there's still the cost for the photographer and equipment. These have to be paid by Showmasters then, and I am very sure they have given some thought if Friday photo shoots are financially viable. One of my friends is a "freelance" photographer, and the god guys do come with a rather hefty price tag. That has nothing to do with the show running on Friday in general. Photo shoot costs that won't get covered means extra costs for Showmasters.

You're actually one of the first persons on here to complain that you do not have the chance to do a photo shoot. So far I only remember people complaining that more photo shoots do mean less chances for pictures at the table. And the chances for free pictures at the table are still best on Friday, just like David says.

For the record: I am there all four days, enjoy my Friday with getting photos at the table and I'll do a couple of photo shoots over the week end as well.

• Moderators

If Fridays were not viable financially for Showmasters they wouldn't happen and Fridays wouldn't be included

in Collectormainia...I'm sure all guests get paid in Lump sums for their presence..so fill their time with what the fans want....

So DavidB just out of interest what days or day do you usually attend?

Also it should be noted that most of the stars I talk to, would love to do a photo shoot, but showmasters and a certain us actress/Jcb decide over both fans and those she says she represents!

It's not that Fridays aren't good from a financial perspective, it's that photo shoots on a Friday have their negative points, and QS basically covered it above.

As for when I attend - since Collectormania 4, I've been there every day - both as an attendee and a crew member, so I've seen it from both sides, and I can safely say that Fridays are by far the quietest days. Even on the occasions where there are Mondays, they are bank holidays (I think!) and so busier.

You just don't get the casual shoppers nor the regular attendees at the same volume on a Friday. Some are still at work and travel down after work, therefore missing the majority/all of Friday. Others don't even turn up until Saturday morning etc. There aren't even as many GUESTS on a Friday.

As for what the stars say .. well, I wouldn't want to speak on their behalf, but it's highly unlikely that many/any guests are going to come back with "Oh no, I hate photo shoots, I don't want to be anywhere near you lot. I'm only here for the money!" etc .. of course they'll answer the majority of questions in a pleasant and friendly manner. I really wouldn't take any of that as a reflection on agents or Showmasters and the contract situations.

You'll get:

1. Guests who don't do photo shoots. Now will that be because they don't want to? Or because they don't want to charge for their photos? No doubt Showmasters/agents would get the blame either way.

2. Guests who DO participate in photo shoots. Are they money grabbing? Or are they simply giving the fans what they want? Some people think Showmasters are just trying to make more money .. they don't usually blame the guests!

See some kinda pattern emerging? It's always Showmasters or the agents that get blamed in these situations regardless of what happens. There will always be someone that isn't happy, and that has to criticise someone. It's just the nature of the business, and I'm afraid you just can't please everyone.

The other thing is not all the guests doing photos will be there on friday anyway so they cant do a photoshoot. some only do certain days.

I know James wont be there on friday - he'll be in london entertaining us all with his concerts and some other guests who are doing photos may not be there either . i have been there on a friday before and its quite quiet, good chance to get the rest of your autos though from guests who are there and are less busy and you could get photos over the table more too when its quiet.

nicky

yeah, i know i probably have mentioned it before on here somewhere in another thread?. I go on quite a few buffy sites and forum and convention sites never remember what i have posted where always in a hurry! That and i am always excited to see James again as well.

:P

Nicky

Edited by buffy2k

I guess SM have never heard of the saying thet "The Customer Is Always Right".

Just do what you feel like, think i'll just give it a miss, nothing happens on Friday anyway hey...?

You've obviously never worked in retail. The customer has not been thought of that way for at least 30 years and probably more. Having worked in customer service, the customer is not only often wrong, but also unpleasant, demanding, and totally unwilling to accept that the world does not revolve around him. (N.B. - I am not addressing anyone personally, I am just explaining what the situation is like in my experience.)