Regular Costume groups

Legolassie Malfoy

I thought it maight be a good idea to set up a topic for regular costume groups so that anyone who wants to join a costume group can see which ones are regular. Please feel free to add any I have missed out. Please add only groups that do appear at more than one event.

if you would like to add a new group post your idea and see if anyone thinks it will work as a regular group.

The groups

The Clonetroopers/Star Wars (sorry I can't remember the group's actual name)

The potter group

Aliens

New group sugguestion

Final Fantasy. (It would be nice to get organised into a regular group. As enough people do the costumes at events)

Leggy xx

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy

UK Garrison & K.O.T.E are the stormtroopers :)

I want to join to potter group!

Thanks for the name I knew it was something like that but couldn't remember to be sure.

I think when it comes to new groups I think most are welcome but do think carefully about sugguestions. Make sure that it is something that isn't too obsucure. A pirate group would be a god one as most peeps would love to join in and there are plenty of costume to choose from and create.

If peeps want to join new groups put your name down so that others know to arrange a meet up.

C.Parkers-Girl, it will be great to have you as part of the Potter group. I'm not sure when we will next meet up. When we do know we'll post something.

If peeps want to join new groups put your name down so that others know to arrange a meet up.

C.Parkers-Girl, it will be great to have you as part of the Potter group. I'm not sure when we will next meet up. When we do know we'll post something.

Well I will be at Gmex and C11 for sure, but im not 100% sure my costume will be complete for gmex, im a poor student! I need the tie, jumper maybe scarf, shirt n grey trousers. im making do with black and a white fashion shirt for time being :angry:

Iv never been part of a group before :angry:

Well I will be at Gmex and C11 for sure, but im not 100% sure my costume will be complete for gmex, im a poor student! I need the tie, jumper maybe scarf, shirt n grey trousers. im making do with black and a white fashion shirt for time being :D

Iv never been part of a group before :YAHOO:

tht's the beauty of being part of a group, even if you're costume isn't the perfect match, you'll still be recognisable! Your robes are great anyway, anything else is just gravy!

Edited by wyrdsister

I have black trousers. My Ced Jumper is just a normal school one too. No-one can see the cuffs cos my robe is in the way or the bottom gold line, cos jumpers tend to ride up a bit and fold over themselves...

To be honest if you have the robe it doesn't matter what colour your trousers are. People see school unifor and the robes and take in the whole without being picky. I was walking round with a lightsaber at Gmex for goodness' sake :D That's pretty OC!

Great idea Lego! :angel:

For Star Wars fans who are Rebels, Jedi or other rebellious types of the world....come on over to

<click>The Rebel Legion Website<click>

We're a fairly easy going club who love supporting Showmasters events and working with the public and are always happy to help people who would like to enter the costuming universe of George Lucas :YAHOO:

We have quite a few people who are experts (and I use that word realistically!) in costuming across all Star Wars characters (even though our club is Rebel based :lol: ) who are happy to help people at all levels - either new to costuming or people who may be looking to improve on what they have.

We're also happy to have people on board who are not into costuming but into other areas of Star Wars, such as comics, books and just general film nuts! Often those who do not have costumes can become 'Rebel Crew Technicians' who help out at events too.

:yoda: Have fun and join the Rebelllion! (ps. the little green man says 'Happy Xmas you must have!') :yoda:

i got a Wakka outfit for the final fantasy group ;)

Excellent :P . He can join my Tidus costume when I complete it. Or just join the group anyways. I'm reworking my Sephiroth. So that will be ready first.

edgejedi88>> I would love to join the Star Wars group with my Han Solo outfit. That is if I can still get in it. I'm not sure when I'm next likely to be wearing it. Are you guys pretty much in force at most SM events?

edgejedi88>> I would love to join the Star Wars group with my Han Solo outfit. That is if I can still get in it. I'm not sure when I'm next likely to be wearing it. Are you guys pretty much in force at most SM events?

Yes - we'll be at the March GMEX event for sure, alongside the regular groups that we normally work alongside - 'Fan Force' and 'The 99th Imperial Garrison'. We seem to have a good format at events between the three groups.

Happy to help you out - otherwise feel free to email me via our main site (see URL below)

Yeah!! Han Solo!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be working on an Amidala dress when I finish Jadis Battle dress. It probably won't be good enough to be in the "gang", but I just like to have fun! So watch this space!

Having fun and displaying talents is what cosplay is all about.

I'm going to have to get new boots for Han Solo as I used my old ones for something else and they are no longer suitable. I'll post a pic of my Han Solo costume in its heyday. So you can see what a short-bottom Solo I was.

I'll be working on an Amidala dress when I finish Jadis Battle dress. It probably won't be good enough to be in the "gang", but I just like to have fun! So watch this space!

The very fact that people put on costumes is admirable in itself - theres not that many of us really when you think about it? I tip my hat to everyone that 'costumes' and has fun. When it comes down to it, thats one of the most important parts - without it what would we be? I know some clubs set rules and standards, but there are different clubs that operate at different levels - so theres always a group somewhere to suit everyone and its not always necessary to 'join' something official, but just come together with friends who have a similar interest and share in the fun.

Keep up the great work and be sure to post up some pics when you get a moment - they are the inspiration for those who still sit on the sidelines!!!! :spidy:

I'll post a pic of my Han Solo costume in its heyday. So you can see what a short-bottom Solo I was.

You've been teasing me with this illusive pic for ages - now come on and post it :D

The very fact that people put on costumes is admirable in itself - theres not that many of us really when you think about it? I tip my hat to everyone that 'costumes' and has fun. When it comes down to it, thats one of the most important parts - without it what would we be? I know some clubs set rules and standards, but there are different clubs that operate at different levels - so theres always a group somewhere to suit everyone and its not always necessary to 'join' something official, but just come together with friends who have a similar interest and share in the fun.

Keep up the great work and be sure to post up some pics when you get a moment - they are the inspiration for those who still sit on the sidelines!!!! :headscratch:

I'll post a pic of my Han Solo costume in its heyday. So you can see what a short-bottom Solo I was.

You've been teasing me with this illusive pic for ages - now come on and post it :unsure:

Yeah Em, pics please!

I'm still working on this but the bulk of that is nearing completion There's always detail and accessories but the main part is nearly done. The Padme dress is still in the legistical stages, so nothing practical to show yet!

But thanks for the encouragement, and I'd like to add that i'm really slow to make anything! So bear with me :P

Steph

Edited by wyrdsister

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As the saying goes there always has to be one who's awkward and guess what it has to be me, only group I may be part of is the piratey one with my liz swann dress, otherwise i'm on my own. *sob* lol, methinks historical rather than film or telly based this time getting bored of copying costumes gonna do my own thing, tho bet you lot will look awsome as ever. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Kingdom hearts group w00t. Or actually, a Kill Bill group, but I'd so snag Elle Driver.. Probably will be going as her if I can get to the may one.

I'm up for a Kingdom Hearts group. I would do KH2 Sephiroth or one of the members of Organization 13.

Re Solo. I've tried it on the other day (I haven't worn it in twevle years!!!). It still fits!! Yay! I just need a new wig for it.

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy

I should join in on this thread. A few of the events I've been to have had Stargate costumers there, and I think there is going to be a few going to CM11.

If anyone's planning on doing an SG costume you can't do much wrong by going to stargatehero.net/scifihero.net.

I am planning on doing my Jedi costume as its the 30th anniversary of SW:ANH

I have created an independent expanded universe character and unique costume that I built myself, using designs from the Art of Star Wars books and compiled costume designs that didn't get used in the finished films but are still recognisable as star warsy costumes, I built an exact replica of Lukes Jedi utility belt as all of the replica costume companies only do "prequel" jedi belts with the new design lightsaber clip.

it was impossible for me or anyone to get quality reproduction "classic" belts with the metal spring hook for saber hilts with the D ring attached for hanging off the belt, so now i can reproduce the classic design much more cheaply for any potential customers who are looking for the classic belts

plus i have already done han solo gunrigs in the past, but they are not 100% accurate because of copyright stuff, but my accessories can still be identified with the characters costumes