Ring Con Registration

swan

Hmmm.... I'm starting to sound like Pollyanna aren't I?!! In fact, it's probably time I put this old soap box away too....I just think it is sad to see lots of negative posts when we don't actually have any good or bad news yet to discuss.

I agree we dont have any official bad news yet, but both the another show guys have posted that nothing has been happening and that they and SM seem to be too busy to do anything about this event.

OK......here goes:

Patience is a virtue and as many of you have waited this long for an event of this type to hit your shores, a bit longer should not bother you unless you are in dire need of medical attention , i.e. shortness of breathe, hair-pulling sessions, marathon viewings of the LOTR trilogies, etc.

:chair::jason::chair::pyth:

Seriously tho, both organizations are very good at what they do and we would appreciate all negatisms kept to a minimum unless "we" make them. Speculation breed contempt and contempt breeds mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together and SMOG!!! :YAHOO:

News will come when it comes. Both organizations are in dire need of some rest and our brains work better when that has been achieved. On the "worse case scenario" end, if RCUK does NOT happen this year, you'll have plenty of SHOWMASTER events during 2007 to keep you occupied in which some will include LOTR actors. Constant complaining about RCUK not happening within "your" schedule will lead me to believe butt spanking is in need (which I am very good at) or psychological evaluations necessary (in which I have no experience in). :chair:

So, in conclusion, go back to playing with your Gandalf figurines, press that rewind button and keep your finger off of that nuclear weapon. We're trying to sleep here and all this fraking racket is causing interruption in my much needed beauty sessions.:YAHOO:

GOT IT?!!!

P.S. We love your enthusiasm but Xmas is on the way!! Good tydings to all and to all a good nite. :dance:

Edited by FEDCON MC

OK......here goes:

Patience is a virtue and as many of you have waited this long for an event of this type to hit your shores, a bit longer should not bother you unless you are in dire need of medical attention , i.e. shortness of breathe, hair-pulling sessions, marathon viewings of the LOTR trilogies, etc.

:chair::D:chair::wub:

Seriously tho, both organizations are very good at what they do and we would appreciate all negatisms kept to a minimum unless "we" make them. Speculation breed contempt and contempt breeds mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together and SMOG!!! :lol:

News will come when it comes. Both organizations are in dire need of some rest and our brains work better when that has been achieved. On the "worse case scenario" end, if RCUK does NOT happen this year, you'll have plenty of SHOWMASTER events during 2007 to keep you occupied in which some will include LOTR actors. Constant complaining about RCUK not happening within "your" schedule will lead me to believe butt spanking is in need (which I am very good at) or psychological evaluations necessary (in which I have no experience in). :chair:

So, in conclusion, go back to playing with your Gandalf figurines, press that rewind button and keep your finger off of that nuclear weapon. We're trying to sleep here and all this fraking racket is causing interruption in my much needed beauty sessions.:gorgeous:

GOT IT?!!!

P.S. We love your enthusiasm but Xmas is on the way!! Good tydings to all and to all a good nite. :smile:

That was just rude, you're not going to endear yourself to the fans if that's the way you think of us. I'm disgusted to be frank, you're insulting to the very people you want to fork out money for your event.

Why bother announcing this event at all if you had nothing planned beyond an idea? Why couldn't you just wait until there was something more concrete before getting our hopes up?

Whoa whoa JSM. As one responder has already caught on to my brand of humor, you obviously have not. I apologize if you just didn't get it. Humor is in my nature and thousands typically understand it. Since you didn't take kindly to my jovial nature, I'll speak in more stark terms.

Both organizations are trying their best to accomodate the desires of the paying public. We will get you news as to our plans as soon as they are available. Thank you for your patience and we appreciate you flying Showmasters/another show Gmbh Airlines.

How's that?

:lol:

Edited by FEDCON MC

OK......here goes:

:chair::wub::chair::chair:

Seriously tho, both organizations are very good at what they do and we would appreciate all negatisms kept to a minimum unless "we" make them. Speculation breed contempt and contempt breeds mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together and SMOG!!! :lol:

News will come when it comes. Both organizations are in dire need of some rest and our brains work better when that has been achieved. On the "worse case scenario" end, if RCUK does NOT happen this year, you'll have plenty of SHOWMASTER events during 2007 to keep you occupied in which some will include LOTR actors. Constant complaining about RCUK not happening within "your" schedule will lead me to believe butt spanking is in need (which I am very good at) or psychological evaluations necessary (in which I have no experience in).

So, in conclusion, go back to playing with your Gandalf figurines, press that rewind button and keep your finger off of that nuclear weapon. We're trying to sleep here and all this fraking racket is causing interruption in my much needed beauty sessions.

GOT IT?!!!

P.S. We love your enthusiasm but Xmas is on the way!! Good tydings to all and to all a good nite. :D

Did someone mention spanking???? Where's mine then ? :P As one of your "Hot Brit Chicks" Marc... I think you should consider it a duty :smile:

On a slightly more sensible note (yes I'm putting my mother/wife head on now :P ), there is a difference between the British and Yank sense of humour.... and then there's Marc's sense of humour so perhaps not everyone will understand it at times. (I seem to remember there is a huge thread on these boards where we were trying to teach Marc the finer points of the English language and the US:Brit equivalents.) Having met Marc for the first time a few weeks ago at another show, I know he would never intentionally offend us.. but he does have a very cheeky/naughty sense of humour. If he is going to MC at another show UK, then I guess we're going to have to get used to it!!

I guess we'll just have to sit tight and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year- by Marc's orders!! Maybe the New Year will bring us good news. But until then... why don't we use the ideas threads to give Jason and Dirk all the ideas we can, for the RC UK show so they have plenty to talk about and do to give us the show we want?

R XXX

Well I have turned away work which I could have taken for the weekend scheduled for Ring Con UK... so what am I to think now?

It's very easy to say wait and see, but events like this need planning for the paying visitors... work, child care arrangements, travel, hotels etc etc etc. And I know friends who have already arranged such details for that weekend.

So as the event is so in the air at the moment, I am going to have to forget about it. Keeping folk hanging on with hints of promises which may not be fulfilled just isn't fair. You should have waited until this was a concrete idea.

Very sad.

Whoa whoa JSM. As one responder has already caught on to my brand of humor, you obviously have not. I apologize if you just didn't get it. Humor is in my nature and thousands typically understand it. Since you didn't take kindly to my jovial nature, I'll speak in more stark terms.

Both organizations are trying their best to accomodate the desires of the paying public. We will get you news as to our plans as soon as they are available. Thank you for your patience and we appreciate you flying Showmasters/another show Gmbh Airlines.

How's that?

:thumbup:

I wouldn't worry mate, some people can do nothing but moan and complain...

Yes I have to say I would be very upset if they changed dates because then very likely I would not be able to go.

For god stake don't do it on weekend of Glastonbury or Carling Festival or I might be forces to get my anger face on and cry in the corner and talk to my gollum figures.

• Moderators

On a slightly more sensible note (yes I'm putting my mother/wife head on now :P ), there is a difference between the British and Yank sense of humour.... and then there's Marc's sense of humour so perhaps not everyone will understand it at times.

Very true about the differences in humour, but I think most of us can tell when someone's coming across in a more humorous manner than serious :thumbup:

Unfortunately there'll always be a few that'll fly off the handle. The organisers, whether Showmasters or whoever else, are never going to come on here and deliberately post something SERIOUS like that. I know they all deal with things with great humour, and that's often the best way to do it. Can't imagine how stressful it must get ;)

How's that?

;)

exceltnt thank you - happy hollidays

annnd give us somthing :P littel thing anything just for the holiidays :thumbup:

OK......here goes:

:dance::jason::chair::pyth:

Seriously tho, both organizations are very good at what they do and we would appreciate all negatisms kept to a minimum unless "we" make them. Speculation breed contempt and contempt breeds mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together and SMOG!!! :smile:

So, in conclusion, go back to playing with your Gandalf figurines, press that rewind button and keep your finger off of that nuclear weapon. We're trying to sleep here and all this fraking racket is causing interruption in my much needed beauty sessions.:gorgeous:

GOT IT?!!!

P.S. We love your enthusiasm but Xmas is on the way!! Good tydings to all and to all a good nite. :P

That was just rude, you're not going to endear yourself to the fans if that's the way you think of us. I'm disgusted to be frank, you're insulting to the very people you want to fork out money for your event.

Why bother announcing this event at all if you had nothing planned beyond an idea? Why couldn't you just wait until there was something more concrete before getting our hopes up?

ahhhhh the smell of hormones in the air again huh

Elfie

**walks into the rooms and grins from ear to ear**

Hey don't leave me out with the butt spanking :smile: if I am last in the que it might not hurt so hard. Hell I'm moving up the ranks, move over Cat I'm first bwahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, it's Saturday night and now I've had a bit to drink. One drink. I'm a lightweight.

Yey Christmas!!!!

Lisa x x x

OK......here goes:

:chair::jason::chair::pyth:

Seriously tho, both organizations are very good at what they do and we would appreciate all negatisms kept to a minimum unless "we" make them. Speculation breed contempt and contempt breeds mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together and SMOG!!! :whistling:

GOT IT?!!!

P.S. We love your enthusiasm but Xmas is on the way!! Good tydings to all and to all a good nite. :thumbup:

Marc,

it was you and Dirk with your earlier posts (the SM people don't have time to talk, I don't know if I am available) that have sparked the "constant complaining" about whether another show UK will go ahead or not. Believe it or not, you are not the only one with a busy work schedule. People have blocked the weekend in their calendars and it is only fair to let them know whether it is going ahead or not. Making fun of your (potential) customers, because that's what we are, is not particularly professional.

Speculation breeds contempt indeed. The only way to get rid of it are facts. So far we have none.

OK......here goes:

:jason::jason: :pyth::pyth:

Seriously tho, both organizations are very good at what they do and we would appreciate all negatisms kept to a minimum unless "we" make them. Speculation breed contempt and contempt breeds mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together and SMOG!!! :whistling:

GOT IT?!!!

P.S. We love your enthusiasm but Xmas is on the way!! Good tydings to all and to all a good nite. :thumbup:

Marc,

it was you and Dirk with your earlier posts (the SM people don't have time to talk, I don't know if I am available) that have sparked the "constant complaining" about whether another show UK will go ahead or not. Believe it or not, you are not the only one with a busy work schedule. People have blocked the weekend in their calendars and it is only fair to let them know whether it is going ahead or not. Making fun of your (potential) customers, because that's what we are, is not particularly professional.

Speculation breeds contempt indeed. The only way to get rid of it are facts. So far we have none.

Please I want RingconUK, even I can`t speak english lol.

If there`s a problem with the stars I can organize it.

Dirk you have to give me the number of Orlando and I'll call him.

I have only Jonathans e-mail :D . But I think he would be very happy to come.

Can the organizer-people please ask him first??? :D

Please I want RingconUK, even I can`t speak english lol.

If there`s a problem with the stars I can organize it.

Dirk you have to give me the number of Orlando and I'll call him.

I have only Jonathans e-mail :wub: . But I think he would be very happy to come.

Can the organizer-people please ask him first???:P

I would not get your hopes up about Orlando you would not get his agent and then it's bad manners for the organizer not to be the one that calls.

Guys... Dirk and Marc are not part of SM... so what they put on thier forums and site isn't really down to them. As far as I can see... THE another show (or another show for that matter) have not made any announcement regarding a UK edition of thier convention... I'm sure when the original agreement was made back in May, that another show were not to know that Jason would not be ready 7 months later.

On another note... Marc is a strange character... his sense of humour doesn't always come across well on the internet... especially in written form. I know the feeling... it's kinda frustrating when people don't get it... but it's always nice when people finally do. So get it :thumbup: It was a joke. Do you not think that Marc is frustrated also that the date advertised is not the date being met... and through no fault of his own?

Anyone who thinks this convention will be ready in four months is crazy. Four months... some of the smallest conventions I have ever been to take at least 8 months to plan, and implement.

Edited by AdmiralRooster

Anyone who thinks this convention will be ready in four months is crazy. Four months... some of the smallest conventions I have ever been to take at least 8 months to plan, and implement.

I think the point is though that the convention was announced back in May this year, so they will have had almost a year to organise it, not just 4 months.

Yeah that is nearly a year and once it is announced as far as I'm concerned that means its going ahead unless stated otherwise. Its not up to fans to guess this, we should be given appropiate information and as there is now doubt about this happening at all, we need info asap. It seems obvious to me that there are just too many events in the coming year. A few other people have mentioned this and i can see that too.

heya sami!!:P thank you for your support:D i don't really get what you lot are talking about:S are you talking about ring con, about, is it still going to happen?:S sorry if your not, but if you are:( i hope everything still goes to plan and that ring con still takes place:) and sami:P Xx~EWF~xX hehe, i didn't forget to use it on the forum :D:)