Can I sell my one-of-a-kind SPIDERMAN COSTUME at Collectormania?

Schuurkes

That eBay auction has already ended and it went for USD 6000+!!! Just wondering though why selling it via the forum would make it more eligible for a charity donation??? I think the seller is a private individual, not a company and certainly not Sony Pictures or Marvel.

Edited by nicky

I'd like to know why someone would drop an ebay auction just because the item worth 6K wasn't 'ready' for an annual holiday. Surely Halloween 07 would be an even more suitable time to wear a Spidey suit.

Nice attention to detail though, but still can't see why a tab like that would be worn once..

I'd like to know why someone would drop an ebay auction just because the item worth 6K wasn't 'ready' for an annual holiday.

Presumably because they *really really really* wanted it for a superhot Halloween party this year. I don't know many people who plan next year's Halloween costume before this year's Halloween, and anyway, maybe the buyer wanted it specifically for this year and wasn't really too bothered/aware of any future occasions they might wear it. Let's face it, for all we know, the buyer might be planning/expecting to be heavily pregnant, or stationed in Iraq or at the South Pole, or be on camel safari in Mongolia, or even be dead by Halloween 2007.

Not everybody gets invited to a great Halloween party every year, and maybe this year was their year.

You also carried it around in a plastic bag if i remember right ..with a large sign pinned to it saying 'FOR SALE' !! Despite being told you weren't allowed to sell it at the show !
Thats basically selling without a license otherwise known as...what's the word??? Hawking?

I was told here I couldn't sell it there cuz I wouldn't have a dealer table, not that I wasn't allowed to. I've seen plenty of the crowd and nobody had any problem with it.

What's the deal here anyway? First my pictures are called fake and now that I proved they aren't I'm hawking??

Edited by Schuurkes

However unless you have a dealers table at the event you cannot sell it there.

You're seriously telling us that you read *that* and see "You're still allowed to attempt to sell it."???

Very selective interpretation.

Otherwise known as not having your glasses on while reading the computer screen.

Hmm, Schuurkes, might one guess English is not your first language? Or are you just dumb?

You are told you can NOT sell an item at a show unless you are a dealer and have a table at the show. MSPG etc pay big money to be able to have tables at the show. Even the guys who sell old vinyl records (although I've yet to see anyone actually buy anything at that particular stall). The only way a non-stallholder can sell anything at the show might be to sell it to a stallholder, or perhaps get a stallholder to sell it on your behalf. Not walk around like some gyppo trying to flog sprigs of 'lucky heather' from a huge bag.

However, despite all the information saying NO, you read this as 'I CAN sell it, without coughing up for a stall.'

Can I suggest the next time you play with a gun, and folks try to dissuade you from being stupid, you follow our advice in the same manner you followed ours recently.

It's a nice suit, and still don't get what kind of a party would need a 6K outfit as a one-off. Unless it was a A-list Hollywood bash, or at Beckingham Palace, why anyone would think of splashing that amount deludes me. I doubt most outfits at Hef's party at the PB Mansion cost more than a fraction of this...

It's a nice suit, and still don't get what kind of a party would need a 6K outfit as a one-off. Unless it was a A-list Hollywood bash, or at Beckingham Palace, why anyone would think of splashing that amount deludes me. I doubt most outfits at Hef's party at the PB Mansion cost more than a fraction of this...

Jonathan Ross. He would so buy something like that, and has the moolah to do so.

why anyone would think of splashing that amount deludes me. I doubt most outfits at Hef's party at the PB Mansion cost more than a fraction of this...
That's cos they are practically naked!!!! And the Spidey costume, though unofficial would make a cool collector's item hence the big price. Full-size, accurate and wearable Predator and Robocop costumes go for just as much.