NEED A BIGGER PLACE

steve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think we showmasters should find a bigger place to hold collectormania ?? so they can get more stars in and more stalls

opps i mean should showmasters find a bigger hall so more and more stars can come and more stalls so they will be able to make more ppl happy, as i did notice that alot of M/K staff was not happy that fans were bloking shop door ways up

I'm a manager for the largest retailer in thecentre:mk. Let me catagorically assure you that NO retailer was unhappy about Collectormania OR it's visitors. We made a stack-load of money and had alot of fun. The busiest times of Collectormania are nothing to the Christmas period.

Keeping Collectormania at thecentre:mk ensures it is free :D

I agree that it should be kept at centre:mk, but I think maybe they should cut down on the number of dealer stalls so that there is more room to move around. It was so cramped in the dealer section that in the end we gave up trying to look for anything.

Obi-Wan :D

the dealer stalls are fine and none should be cut!

MK centre is fine and i think there is plenty of room, and you want more guests? God I do not know any cons/collector events that has as many guests as collectormania (aside from memorabillia but some times there guests lists are lacking in star quality)

i agree. C3 was my first collectormania and i was asonished at the number of guests and the quality of them.

I have been going to memorabilia for a few years now and it is better for dealer stands but the guest signings are no where near as good.

Keep it the same

A QUALITY EVENT

:D

How busy any event is, is always directly proportionate to it's popularilty. Popularity is defined by quantity, quality and cost (on everything including venue, guests, stalls).

i know some people had no choice but to attend at busy times but i don't think Collectormania would benefit from less stalls.

if it helps, it was quiet on the friday :D

i know this is looking way ahead but thecentre:mk will be extending over the next few years (it will be something like the biggest indoor centre in the universe or some such thing...). i'm sure there will be plenty of room then. The outdoor bit with the fountain will be covered over so maybe the event could just take over the whole place :D

i think it was great

there was enough space to move around :)

and the dealers seemed happy and eager to help

one thing though, some of the showmasters seemed a bit moody and.. yea, but then, i guess they get stressed out with us! nah. in the screening someone was yelling at us about cameras and it was sooooo scary! ans when i met dom.. i wont begin to start..but yea, it was great, but the showmasters should smile and show spirit, the guy with andy n billy were great though.. and the one with corin. hmm. ok, ill shut up

and they should keep it in mk, i bet if it moves i wont be able to get there :rolleyes:

Its one of the best Convention Venues, as you have a virtal line ticket so if your waiting you can go around looking at the deal tables or you can look around the thousands of shop, In stead of being inside a Large Convention Centre Hall with nothing around you, or a boring hotel, its very good!!!!!

It was my first time at collectormania this year and I really enjoyed it... the only places I found it to be a bit of a crowd control problem was when people were hanging around trying to look at Tom and some of the end bits of the dealers stalls... but if was great fun.

I don't want it to leave MK for selfish reasons... (Live near it) and it all worked really well where it is.

Just want some SHOWMASTERS staff to be more happier... quite a few looked major stressed.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

Glad you all enjoyed it so much. Sorry if some of us came across as being grumpy, but you have to understand that most of our staff were working VERY long hours over the four days and most of us were only getting around 4 hours sleep a night! That, combined with having to handle a number of stressful and difficult situations did make tempers a bit short. It's not easy to have to to tell a group of angry fans that they can't see their favourite guest as they will be leaving shortly, or try to explain to an irate mother why she has to pay for an autograph, or move on a crowd of onlookers who are blocking isles and walkways and causing a potentially hazardous bottleneck. Having to handle these sorts of situations over several days really does make it difficult to smile! So my apologies from everyone here at Showmasters to anyone who was snapped at or received a cold reception. We didn't mean it, honest!

As to trying to find a bigger venue, we are very happy at thecente:mk and have no intention of moving. Although we have just about reached the full capacity of Middleton Hall there is still a great deal of potential to expand within the shopping centre and across the whole city in general. Just remember, the whole point of holding Collectormania within a shopping centre was to make it accessable to the general public who would not normally have considered attending such an event. It is their support as well as the support of the fans which has enabled Collectormania to grow so much. We don't have the complete throughfall figures from thecentre:mk for C3 yet, but C2 had a confirmed 500,000 people pass through and it is these kind of figures which makes it possible for us to invite a large number of high caliber guests.

Our current location is ideal for us as there are 2 modern multiscreen cinemas very close by and a number of other theatres and venues which we can use for special screenings and "evenings with...". We want to eventually develop Collectormania so it has much more of a film festival feel to it. This simply wouldn't be possible at a large out of town conference centre. So we will definitely be staying in Milton Keynes!

yes, when i left the queue to go down the side a cm3 man turned me away after letting some other girls in and i at last gave up when i knew i couldnt hold the tears in, but ma friend dragged us back in the queue and after meeting dom he acted all nice.. i wont say what i wanted to do.. and there was the ticket man who said i had to pay for doms autograph..er no. so i refused to pay and dom signed it anyway :D cause you didnt pay dom to come did you.. tee hee :angry:

but yea, i totally understand your hours and stuff, and it was the best ever

should definatly be done again, billy and dom!! billy n dom!!

ahh yes, i didnt think it would happen eitherm, but before the even i had heard dom was around mk somewhere so on the way there i said to my friend, maybe dom will suprise us..and billy, i was joking and i laughed, so when it happened i was soo happy :angry: and puzazzled :D

but it was the best day in my life.

and the man that asked me to pay was grinning saying..ha u have to pay, and dom saw that, and when dom signed it he grinned at the cm person and so did i..HA HA! the look on his face he was like :o ?

I for one was generally pleased with the organisation of the event. I think the 'bad customer service' people are talking about was the result of being a little under-staffed.

question: are the organisers volunteers? :angry:

I have been to quite a few events and conventions and love the setup of Collectormania.

A lot of other events are held in hotels or conference centres and can get a bit confussing. What you end up with is different rooms with different guests, couple of dealer rooms and so on.

With Collectormania, you know where everything is. Even the dealer tables seem to be in the same place as the previous shows. You already know that you will have guests at the front and the back (now at the sides as well). You can go to Collectormania, know where everything is and dont waste time looking for things.

Long live Collectormania in the Centre:MK

Darryl

ahh yes, its the best organised :yoda:

athough.. ive never bin to anything different..

but it was good for a first eh?

although i was sooo confused about the ticket thing, and the people i met up with were to busy talking lol, so i got so frustrated ;)

but alas- sarah the great figured it out with great ease :P:D

I thought it worked very well. It was my first collector fair/convention type thing, and I've got no complaints. The ticket system was fine, even though I couldn't hear the tannoy, I would just wander up and ask roughly how long it would be. To be honest I was expecting chaos - bringing Billy Boyd into a shopping centre, but I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly everything went.

It made for a buzzing atmosphere being in a shopping centre, also very handy to have a Superdrug nearby when your camera decides to pack up! Okay, it's because I'm a girl and being surrounded by clothes shops AND hobbits is just about my idea of heaven! The only thing that annoyed me were the gawpers. They would just stand there for hours, staring. The only drawback to being in a public place.

MK is a good place, because everything is centralised, and there are plenty of venues. Looking forward to see what Showmasters have got planned for October!

I think i have to disagree with people. I think we should have more dealers stores and more guests and hold it in a hotel or something. I got trampled on alot of times too =/. It is great i cant disagree with that but it's got bigger over the years and they could expand out? i mean...just coz it's getting retail people more customers isnt really a reason to stay.

collectormania benefits from the centre's footfall. if it's a successful event it will be busy wherever you hold it. we'd all love to be one of a select group allowed to attend. but Collectormania would not be able to sustain itself on less numbers.

retailers making money isn't directly a reason for Collectormania to stay at thecentre:mk but the money it draws ensures it is allowed to operate there for free. the commitee who represent the larger stores knows a money-maker and The Showmasters exploit this to our advantage. :D

I'm a manager for the largest retailer in thecentre:mk. Let me catagorically assure you that NO retailer was unhappy about Collectormania OR it's visitors. We made a stack-load of money and had alot of fun. The busiest times of Collectormania are nothing to the Christmas period.

Keeping Collectormania at thecentre:mk ensures it is free :D

i was queing up to meet Billy and Andy and there were staff telling ppl not to que out side there shops as shoppers could not get through to there shops and that i had a push chair and one little girl and my other half with me its abit hard to move around, dont get me wrong the whole weekend was great i loved it and all the others shows, its just that this was the first time i was told to move along bec we was in the way of shoppers just feel it would be good if a new place was found and so more ppl can come and more guests with out bloking shops

Yes I do agree, but I still think it's gud bein held @ thecentre:mk

~¤x¤~

Lotsa Luv KittyPride XxXx*©K.P!*XxXx

*~Tash n Zara~HP babes 4eva!~*

¤~*Slim_Shady_100%_all_da_way!*~¤

.:KittyPride:.

do you think we showmasters should find a bigger place to hold collectormania ?? so they can get more stars in and more stalls

Its about the quality, not quantity. There is a limit to fresh blood afterall. The amount of guests attending recently is ample, especially when compared to other convens ive been to.