BATMAN: DEAD END - fan-made film

nicky

i disagree.

i'd heard about this film ages ago,and now having seen it i can't make out what all the fuss is all about.

the guy playing batman is great... but what's with all the standing around...?

maybe they should have spent some of the budget on some wire-work for bats and the aliens...

and the guy doing the joker was cack!

should have been much more bad-ass...

what's with all the standing around...? maybe they should have spent some of the budget on some wire-work for bats and the aliens...

and the guy doing the joker was cack!

Huh?! It was a low budget thing and the standing around was dialogue driven...I don't think there was enough budget to go around for anything else. And the Joker was great.

I think the best stuff is the build up with Elliot Goldenthall's Alien 3 score...it really gives that gotic atmosphere and the shots of Batman in the dark reain are great...And the joker is really good, I hope he's dark and insane like that in the new movie.

that joker was awful.

you could see the joins in his prosthetics.

i hope chris nolan has something better in mind.

and i don't know why you can use the excuse of a low budget... he had enough money to make all those costumes... a few quid for some decent stunt work or a little bit of cgi...

although,come to think of it,given the guys background in costume and make-up effects,i guess it makes sense that he didn't want to showcase any cgi...

shame,it needed some motion to 'zhoozh' it up a bit!

Edited by jamie1138

and i don't know why you can use the excuse of a low budget... he had enough money to make all those costumes... a few quid for some decent stunt work or a little bit of cgi...
Perahps all the money went to the costumes, lighting, actors, crew, equipment etc...But even for soemthing without snazzy FX it was at least passable.

• 4 weeks later...

Sandy Collera hangs out on a certain Predator board. Very friendly guy.

To be honest, I didn't see the join in the Joker's prosthetics, and I thought the guy playing him did really well. I loved the dialogue between him and Bats

"Daddy!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I first saw this fan-film a couple of years back and thought it was great. I found it on a Star Wars fan-movie site. The funniest thing about it is the fact that the 'making of' video is longer than the film itself!

There is also another fan-film by the same director, called 'Worlds Finest' which is a mock trailer for a Superman/Batman movie. I also highly recommend a fan film called 'Grayson', which again is another trailer type film, about the original Robin, richard Grayson, as he deals with the death of Batman.

Thats it...

PCM