C5 - please - NO LOTR!!!

Darth_Owl

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will only encourage more dissapointment.

Give C5 to the fans of other phenomenon's - make it an event to remember.

Ditch the LOTR focus!

surely if you had really big star wars guests it would be the same frenzy that happened today.

somehow, I can't see that happening. The Star Wars fandom is quite long established and a little more restrained from what I have seen in many different events.

Ditch the LOTR focus!

different strokes for different folks...DarthOwls. It's a little extreme to want LOTR banned from C5. It would make better sense to have a separate LOTR event. just a thought :angel:

so you're saying the star wars fans are better controlled than other fans? that might be because most star wars fans have probably met all the stars and they dont get excited anymore. i bet they did the first time they met someone.

it's not a statement, it's an observation, that all...chill :angel:

Ditch the LOTR focus!

different strokes for different folks...DarthOwls. It's a little extreme to want LOTR banned from C5. It would make better sense to have a separate LOTR event. just a thought :huh:

plus, it's too late already as one of the first 4 guests for C5 is a LOTR actor... :huh:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! you cant ditch lotrs!its too cool! and whatever happens, their are always guna be masses of fans for some star or another and the same senario will be reproduced again and again. :angry:

i will coming next year . . .and im hoping to see lots of peeps.. . .lotrs peeps (diff ones) and maybe underworld peeps. . . . . etc i dont know. ... .a different selection would be cool!

but iwould love another chance to meet lij and dom.........

Darth Owl:

I don't think I've ever seen a post of yours in which you're not complaining about something or other.

Sure, Lord of the Rings might not be your cup of tea, just like Star Wars may not be someone elses.

Learn to live and let live dude, it makes life *so* much easier.

I think that all films have crazy fans not just Lord Of The Rings -

I have been to serveral Star Wars conventions where people have acted very bad too ...

I think as another wrote, Lord Of The Rings are now and ofcourse the actors are more pubular than people from film 25 years ago, but still I think it was great that showmasters got them to the event.

Personally I was do attend the convention but could not go in last minut ( am From Denmark and these things need planning ) but I had a friend who was going and he took my images with him . sadly he was not able to get tickets for Elijah and Dom .. but I did get tree signatures at the show so im not complaining much .. I am sure Jason and Mark did the best they could , having meet both of them I know they do these shows with a passion and are just as sad on what have happent as everyone else not being able to get a ticket.

Im sure when they get the show behind them and start on the next one things like what happent sunday will be talked through so they wont happen again.

A small thing I would like was if autograph tickets could be sold in advance, as Im seriously thinking about going but would like some asurance that could get in line for the signatures I wanted.

Ofcourse they should keep getting LOTR guests that among other things is what COLLECTORMANIA is known for GREAT LOTR GUESTS.

Please forgive my poor english writing - I hope you all understand anyway

Cheers to Mark and Jason for a great lineup - may C5 be even better

:P Hr N.

you're english is cool . .. . .dont worry!

i like the idea of pre booking autograph tickets, its some assurance, and i dont think they should issue as many tickets, i almost didnt get to se sean Astin because they were no where near my ticket number, yet my number was way under the thousand that they'd issued!

*to Elijah crazy*

id be happy to see em . . . .. period.

bring em back . . if they're up for it,

and maybe try and get more harry potter peeps for the younger ones, like Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint and . . . . .hermoinie . . .i dont know her name. . . . im not really a huge hp fan,

id also like to see more star trek peeps, and buffy/angel peeps . . . .

oh i dont know ..................help me out here guys!

Edited by Hobbitifyed friend

Its really annoys me that people would begrudge fan meeting their idols. I'm a huge LOTR fan. Unless the S.M get someone from the wetst wing (very unlikely) then thats the only fandom I would go to collectormania for.

But I wouldnt mind if there was only one LOTR guest and lots of people from other things. Thats the way it goes sometimes.

I also think there was 2 collectormanias before with no LOTR guests, and the big LOTR starts will probably want to move on to other things soon, after all the ROTK hype has died down. So I think LOTR fan should get the chance to meet the actors while they can do this type of thing.

Its not like by having 4 LOTR guest there its stopping big names from other fandoms coming.

*applauds wildly*

i agree!

encore!encore!

lol!

i only wish i could articualte my feelings in an appropriate manner . . but you've done it better than i could!

dont know if anyones noticed, but ive just gone post crazy . . . . .i was being encouraged by loadsa peeps yeserday to get on these forums and tho i was a member i didnt comment a lot . . . this is just the beginninG! yay! :D:P:( heh heh!