Does it? oh well, it's www.dambusters.org.uk

thanks for that Ian

Here's a link for you,

617 Squadron RAF

Sorry Steph that link just 404s.

:(

thanks for that Ian

Pweeeeeeeeeeeze can we have the following peeps for another show uk??

1.CRAIG PARKER

2.MARK FERGUSON.

3.DAVID WENHAM.

4.AMANDA TAPPING.

5.MICHAEL SHANKS.

6.DAVID TENNANT.

7.BILLIE PIPPER.

8.CHRISTOPHER ELECLESON.

9.MATHEW FOX.

oHHH AND DID I MENTION......CRAIG PARKER????:P

Here's a link for you,

617 Squadron RAF

:angry:

thanks for that Ian

Here's a link for you,

617 Squadron RAF

:chair:

thanks for that Ian

Pweeeeeeeeeeeze can we have the following peeps for another show uk??

1.CRAIG PARKER

2.MARK FERGUSON.

3.DAVID WENHAM.

4.AMANDA TAPPING.

5.MICHAEL SHANKS.

6.DAVID TENNANT.

7.BILLIE PIPPER.

8.CHRISTOPHER ELECLESON.

9.MATHEW FOX.

oHHH AND DID I MENTION......CRAIG PARKER????:gorgeous:

David Tennant at a Lord of the Rings Convention?? lol, HELL YER!!!! Couldn't be more in heaven then ROFLMAO!!!

By the ways...RIDLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! You'll find a few of us you know lurking on here me dear, Rosie's around somewhere, though as for Craig attending, me thinks that she has a plan to keep him all to herself love :grump: If he survives Germany with us loons again this year then I am sure he would love to attend, I'll ask him for you lol :angry:

Lisa x x

It's not a case of being reliable or not, it's a case of work commitments - promoting a film which is ultimately his job and why you'd pay to see him at another show. All of these conventions have the caveat of 'subject to work' on them, including Showmasters, it's just one of those things.

Well I would steer clear of Elijah Wood, he isn't so reliable these days, having just cancelled Ring Con in Fulda.

Elijah didnt mean to cancel, he would never mean to upset any fans. he has just finished working of the voice of a penguin in the film happy feet. he is doing another film called paris je t'aime, bobby and day zero. Day zero is out next year and the other two im not sure about. so he has alot of films he is working on thats most probally why he canceled, but im sure he didnt mean any harm by it. And if you live in the uk he will defenatly come back one day as at the end on london film and comic con 06 he said to everyone "i will definatly be back in the uk some time so don't worry" i didnt hear him say that but i read a diary of london film and comic con and it was wrote in there. where as other places around the world he will be aswell:) just though id let you know :) sarah x

It's not a case of being reliable or not, it's a case of work commitments - promoting a film which is ultimately his job and why you'd pay to see him at another show. All of these conventions have the caveat of 'subject to work' on them, including Showmasters, it's just one of those things

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever!

Why be confirmed a year in advance!

Oh I know... to get people to book.

I've learned my lesson!

I can't beleive I'm actually wasting my time to comment on this but as I have said time and time again, if anyone books an event like RING*CON just to see an actor talk on stage or to get an autograph, there's a problem there. :smile:

Why did we book him a year in advance? So that "WE" could be put on "HIS" schedule ahead of anyone else who wanted to have him for their on puposes. Sounds like smart strategy to me now doesn't it.

I've worked with over 500 celebrities, numerous convention organizations and had my own knock down drag out fights with agents over 20 years to have become experienced enough in this business to know how much "people" mean to "people".

Disappointment is rampant in life and the best thing to do is to get used to it. If hopes are high, good for you. I wish everyone on this rock felt the same way everyday but reality kicks in and common sense is our co-pilot. :P

Every wonder why WORKING actors do conventions? It "AIN'T" for the money so if any of our guests have to cancel, you can believe it's for a very good reason but not to slight the fans. In fact, you should feel happy that your favorite celeb remains in the limelight furthering his/her career.

RING*CON's reputation is DEFINITELY NOT from the actors we get. It's many reasons (too many to name) and we continue to rock the house even after a few cancellations in the past. In fact, I think last year was our best and we had 3 cancellations! :D Blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

Why am I wasting my time explaining such common sense issues. I'm sorry swan. I don't mean to be mean but the word "fan" was derived from the term "fanatic". :D Now look that up. I understand basic disappointments but to be harsh, nasty, critical, or downright out of line towards any convention promoter (our friends at SHOWMASTER included), any actor, or any act of God for the sheer reason that you cannot belly up next to your favorite person in life has been commented on in many medical journals.

These celebs love us but they are more than aware of the ones whom day is ruined because of something like a cancellation and believe me, I've heard many comments from a bevy of celebs. Some of those comments you wouldn't like. :D

We try our best, as unappreciative as it is sometimes, and still get the shaft handed to us for things we try to do to make fandom joyous! As a "standing" bulls eye on every RING*CON stage, how do you think I feel having to explain to a mass crowd of why a certain invited guest is not here? Some of them won't beleive it, accept it, tolerate it or understand it. It boggles the mind to know that "I can't make it" translates to "F&*%# You" in the minds of the scarey ones out there! And they DO exist!!!

Try to read again what I have written and understand the obvious logic it dictates. I really hope to see you at RING*CON because I'm a lot nicer in person than the exorcism I am experiencing now. :uhoh: Come say hello to me and please allow me to buy you a drink.

<rant mode off>

Edited by FEDCON MC

Hello Mr another show MC

Nothing will stop me from going to Ring Con, I have flights booked, hotel booked, tickets booked etc etc.

But I have to admit that I did book because Elijah was going, if he hadn't been going then I wouldn't have booked... Germany is a long way away from me.

But at the end of the day it's about getting together with my friends... who also booked because Elijah was going. Yes Elijah has that draw for us, and I promise you we are not crazy fanatics, just loyal fans.

I guess my previous entry was little harsh because I will be getting together with friends who had booked to see Elijah at ELF and were disappointed when he cancelled, they were relieved that at least they had Ring Con.

I myself had a fab time at Comicon in July, so meeting Elijah again has dropped down on my priority list.

Like I said... I'm going to be with my friends. It will be my first Ring Con... in a foreign country which freaks the life out of me because I don't speak the language, just getting there is going to be stressfull.

Ring Con comes to the UK next year, but be wary that if you do book Elijah, because of his two recent cancellations he may not be as big a draw as in the past, people will be wary to book if they are only going for him.

I'm cool about it Mr another show MC... sorry I sent you on a rant, didn't mean to.

And I will definitely look out for you in Fulda.

All the best.

Swan

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said... I'm going to be with my friends. It will be my first Ring Con... in a foreign country which freaks the life out of me because I don't speak the language, just getting there is going to be stressfull.

Hi Swan,

don't worry, most Germans speak English, as our MC can attest. The very same MC who is constantly teased that even after 111 years he won't be able to communicate in German. :o

Be prepared for a wild journey to Middle-earth. Ring*Con doesn't has the likes of it, believe me. You'll soon forget that Elijah won't come, trust me!

And as the Lexi*Con is also linked on www.ringconuk.co.uk, I suggest you'll have a look at it, read the interviews, the reports, and feel free to ask whatever question comes to mind. You'll find the Lexi*Con in English here:

Lexi*Con

We're not finished with the translation of the encyclopedia itself, but our translators are working on it, and a good part of the terms are already online. Hope that'll help

Goldentree

:(

Im not fussy. Just bring them all LOL.

If i had to pick woud have to

ORLANDO BLOOM :YAHOO:

VIGGO MORTENSEN

LIV TYLER

SIR IAN MCKELLEN

HUGO WEAVING

DOMINIC MONAGHAN

SEAN BEAN

DAVID WENHAM (without JCB)

ELIJAH WOOD :YAHOO:

CHRISTOPHER LEE

and many many many more that i cant think of

PLISSS PLISSS IS VERY IMPORTANTTT FOR MEEE I WANTT SEE TO VIGO MORTENSENNN ELIJAHH WODDD AND ORLANDO BLOOMM THE GUEST!!!!!AND LIV TYLER...^^

KISSESS

Well, I would definitly NOT love to see Orlando Bloom. Let's face it - all those girlies screaming for him would simply destroy Ring*Con. In addition, I don't think that he's financiable. I would love to see Viggo, but I he hasn't done any cons so far, so I don't think he's interested.

I would like to see a good mixture of guests. As we have experienced at another show, it's almost always the "small" guests who are great on stage. Lori Dungey and Thomas Robins, Mana Hira Davis and Jonathan Harding, or Mana, Shane Rangi and Jed Brophy.

Mark Fergusons's shows are fantastic, and the Parkers are always worth inviting. Though, to me, not absolutely necessary, but there'll be quite a couple of people with a different point of view. ^_^

All in all, I hope there'll be a good mixture of guests. And personally, I think that it's always very interesting to get a couple of guests who filmed lots of scenes together, because their interaction, on and off stage, is always terrific. :D

Well, I would definitly NOT love to see Orlando Bloom. Let's face it - all those girlies screaming for him would simply destroy Ring*Con. In addition, I don't think that he's financiable. I would love to see Viggo, but I he hasn't done any cons so far, so I don't think he's interested.

I would like to see a good mixture of guests. As we have experienced at another show, it's almost always the "small" guests who are great on stage. Lori Dungey and Thomas Robins, Mana Hira Davis and Jonathan Harding, or Mana, Shane Rangi and Jed Brophy.

Mark Fergusons's shows are fantastic, and the Parkers are always worth inviting. Though, to me, not absolutely necessary, but there'll be quite a couple of people with a different point of view. ^_^

All in all, I hope there'll be a good mixture of guests. And personally, I think that it's always very interesting to get a couple of guests who filmed lots of scenes together, because their interaction, on and off stage, is always terrific. :wub:

I'll agree with you on the Orli front, he's way too pretty er... big at the moment :P ...Viggo, not as sure as you are about how unaccessable he might be, but would be a great guest notheless ( better than Orli in my opinion).

The Parkers... great at TFF, they were obviously the MCs for the show, since you already have that role filled at Ring Con, I can see your point, but Everyone loved the Parkers at TFF, so why not :)

It's just no good getting "big" names because it brings the wrong sort of people to an event. Don't get me wrong here but I am a die hard Tolkien fan, so far as I go to say that I am a fan of the books and the films are just a bonus, and you get all sorts of "fangirlies" turning up who don't even know that there are books!! And as for our dear Mr Bloom, I live near enough to Canterbury to do without any more hype thank you lol :blink:

Ring*Con shouldn't be about which "film" stars they can book, cos to be honest with a fantastic reputation like Ring*Con has, I think anyone who's anyone would say yes lol, but it should be about the whole essence that is Lord of the Rings. The books, the movies, the films, the mead...need I say more??

To be quite honest even if there wasn't any actors attending it's still well worth the flight, the hotel and the entrance ticket without them. Until you have experienced Ring*Con you haven't lived. Maybe it's because i've met so many of the stars that I feel this way, but that's a good thing. It makes me want to go deeper in to this wonderful world and know all I can.

I loved Ring*Con last year in Fluda and I'm sure I'll love it even more this time. We are taking the kids with us again so they will steal the show - yet again. but I am sorry, they are not for higher so you will have to find your own way of scoring your way to the fron bwahahahahahaha :D

Bring on Ring*Con Uk is all I can say!

L x

P.S Goldentree, you are such a star!!! Just wanted to put that cos you helped us out mega last year and this year we've been able to sort things out ourselves cos for once we know what we are doing lol x x

Edited by BrandinsChick

May I suggest, in addition to our beloved Fellowship actors, assorted Hobbits, Rohirrim, Gondorians, Elves and Elf extras, stunt doubles etc, that you invite DANIEL REEVE?

He is the LOTR calligrapher - made all the maps and scrolls and stuff. He's a class act.

Oh, and RICHARD TAYLOR, TANIA ROGERS, DANIEL FALCONER, JULIA MCGEE. PLEASE!!

Pauline XX

May I suggest, in addition to our beloved Fellowship actors, assorted Hobbits, Rohirrim, Gondorians, Elves and Elf extras, stunt doubles etc, that you invite DANIEL REEVE?

He is the LOTR calligrapher - made all the maps and scrolls and stuff. He's a class act.

Oh, and RICHARD TAYLOR, TANIA ROGERS, DANIEL FALCONER, JULIA MCGEE. PLEASE!!

Pauline XX

I agree with you Pauline, the "behind the scene" guys were amazing. And Julia McGee...I'd like to see her, I'm hoping she'll come if invited, she was a great guest. :poki:

Edited by wyrdsister

• Showmasters Admin

go to the actors in the ring co uk¿?¿?

I assume this should read.

"What actors are going to another show UK?"

If so then the answer is, we don't know. No announcements have been made for this event yet.

Please get us:

Christopher Lee

Brad Dourif

Karl Urban

Marton Scokas

Andy Serkis

Harry Sinclair

Bernard Hill

John Leigh

Stephen Ure

Thomas Robins

Peter Tait