LFCC 06 CREW PARTY

showmasters

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was miles away.... The cab cost £7 each way and two drinks were nearly a tenner!!!!! *Ouch*

Needless to say we stayed for one then went back to the hotel. The venue was ok - bit small for my liking though - I like space. But the barpeople were cool as they did change the music when we asked them too :whistling:

• Showmasters Admin

Can I suggest that next year we just have the do in the Ibis bar.

I know I'm not the only one that has friends at the shows that don't crew and if you go to the crew party you don't get to see them. It's happened to me almost everytime. I'd like to go to the party but I've have a number of people in our group that don't crew.

I think that we could have just as good a time if we were all bought a drink or 2 in the Ibis bar. We had fun in there this year. And then non-crewing friends do not have to be left out.

Just my thoughts.

As a skint jobless bum, I'd really like it if we went to a bar that didn't cost £3 for a bottle of beer. And I don't think having crew parties at hotel bars is that great an idea either. I know it's hard to find a cheapish place in London but surely there's got to be a pub somewhere that won't leave me skint after 2 pints. Same goes for GMEX, Manchester is packed with bars/pubs/clubs that sell alcohol at reasonable prices!

I'm far too used to £1.50 pints of Carling :angry:

There are loads of places in London that are cheap enough - you just need to look about and research. Problem is after a long day at work you don't really want to trek too far.

I don't mind the small places just I thought Po Na Na's was a bit too teeny and being downstairs with no windows left me feeling a tad claustrophobic.

I think one of the best crew parties we had was in that pub at Wembley with the Pandas and the spanking :chair:

There are loads of places in London that are cheap enough - you just need to look about and research. Problem is after a long day at work you don't really want to trek too far.

I don't mind the small places just I thought Po Na Na's was a bit too teeny and being downstairs with no windows left me feeling a tad claustrophobic.

I think one of the best crew parties we had was in that pub at Wembley with the Pandas and the spanking :clap:

i agree! that party was by far the best one we have had. the venue was close, there was lots of space and plenty of chairs. the drinks were reasonaby priced and back in those days we still had the raffle. most of the prizes were horrible... but it was so much fun anyway.

oh the good ole days!

=x=