LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Juliet Landau

showmasters

I was quiet surprised when I read that Martin Landau and Barbara Bain were her parents. I'm not being ageist but I was surprised because Juliet Landau is in her late 20s and her parents are in their late 60s/early 70s (I think). I don't know how long ago it was when I read they were her parents. It may have been when Mission: Impossible was being shown on C4 and I'd just got the Mission: Impossible companion book.

Oh right (about her real voice). I've only heard her speak in Buffy and that was a unique sounding voice. I did see her in a bit of her Millennium episode (which is what I'm seeing her at C10 for) but they weren't scenes when she was speaking (if they were I wasn't listening properly to the programme. I was testing the tape out I'd taped Millennium episodes on).

Is she a friendly guest/person then (I'm asking that even though someone else has said she is friendly above)? I just read someone else's post in another thread about Amber Benson, saying she's one of the nicest persons you could meet. I was wondering if Juliet Landau, another Buffy guest, is the same.

She's more famous for Buffy but I'm seeing her for Millennium.

When i met Juliet a few years ago she was lovely, very chatty and friendly! Her talks were brilliant and she was great in the photoshoots, for anyone not sure about meeting her please do because shes great obviously NOT at all like Drusilla altho i loved Drusilla! :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting excited about seeing her again. If she recognises me for the third time I shall be one happy person.

I'm also arranging meet ups with any other Juliet fans (started via one of my Juliet groups), so if anyone is interested drop me a line please. I'll be wearing a Drusilla or The Crow t-shirt.

Question - do you think Juliet will mind if I ask for a quote to go with her sig? I want to ask her to write "You will have no cakes today", a variation of the Drusilla quote "Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." Thought it would be a fun qoute to get as I'm on a tough diet and it would help inspire me. Think she'll have the time and not be too rushed?

Question - do you think Juliet will mind if I ask for a quote to go with her sig? I want to ask her to write "You will have no cakes today", a variation of the Drusilla quote "Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." Thought it would be a fun qoute to get as I'm on a tough diet and it would help inspire me. Think she'll have the time and not be too rushed?

As long as you let everyone else in the hall that wants her auto go first. You don't want to **** off anyone because you're taking so long.. You know how CM attendees can get about queues... and fanboys :rolleyes:

Hey, I heard one about Julian Glover being asked by some SW nut to inscribe one of his Bond auto cards with a line from Empre Strikes Back, about targetting the power generators..

Juliet does speak in Millenium if that is what you are wondering, she is a focal point of the episode she appears in. She does not play a mute :D

Oh I knew she speaks in Millennium. ;) The parts I've seen from the episode she's in she wasn't speaking.

According to imdb, she's 41. (Born March 1965).

It's been a while since I last looked at her birthdate on the IMDb page for her. Looking at her in Buffy and Millennium I thought she was in her 20s. Blimey that's surprised me. Edited by SunSpeed

When i met Juliet a few years ago she was lovely, very chatty and friendly! Her talks were brilliant and she was great in the photoshoots, for anyone not sure about meeting her please do because shes great obviously NOT at all like Drusilla altho i loved Drusilla! :D

I know from TV/genre magazine articles and reviews, along with watching bits of Buffy and Angel episodes she was in, that her character Drusilla was a bad character. But I haven't thought that she's going to be like her character at C10. Like with the other guests I'm going to see I don't want to imagine that they're going to be all smiles and sunshine, only to be disappointed on the day.

Last i heard the IMDB is wrong and Juliet wasnt Happy that they put her older, i dont know if the age has changed since she said that tho.

I know from a "24" board I post on that the IMDb aren't credible with their guest cast lists.