Ring Con UK

I know this has not been added to for some time - but please bring ring*con to Manchester and let me help to organise it.

Oh this would be so wonderful and give us faithful fans the boost we need. Pleae please please.

Nice cosy venue (not too large) with several Headliners to get the fans in and you've cracked it. I shall pass this site around to my friends who will all be interested.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Magoleth. Shows how excited I am about the fact that another show could be coming to the UK, I forgot I was already registered here. :angel:

Just want to add that I am over the moon. Thanks :dance:

To echo Magoleth, it would be wonderful if the event could take place in Manchester, but anywhere would be great. :firedevil:

Nice cosy venue (not too large) with several Headliners to get the fans in and you've cracked it. I shall pass this site around to my friends who will all be interested.

Nice cosy venue???? Do you have any idea how many people are going to turn up for this thing? It's gonna be huge cos it's been anticipated for a long long time. They're gonna need a big venue to fit them all in! xx

Edited by Hellion44

• 2 weeks later...

...Do you have any idea how many people are going to turn up for this thing? It's gonna be huge cos it's been anticipated for a long long time. They're gonna need a big venue to fit them all in! xx

Well, that all depends... (I'm not being negative here, just constructive)

The old events in the UK were held in quite large venues, (especially the last one) and it ment a lot of walking around in emty spaces between rooms. It also caused some confusion about where and when things were taking place. Personally, I spent loads of time running from room to room and missed out on certain things i wanted to see...

The next issue about a large venue is the cost of renting it and the staff needed to facilitate it. Take this into consideration and the ticket costs will go up. I think it's more important to ensure that as many fans as possible will be able to come to the event by keeping the costs down.

Also, a large venue might take away the intimacy that such an event can create between visitors, crew, guests and co-ordinators. This is the perfect opportunity to create lasting bonds between fans and guests, and the venue does not need to be huge to house such an event.

In my view I think it's far more important to look at the things we expect from a venue, facilities such as cafes, seating areas, meeting points, changing area (for costumers) etc.

By the way, I heard a rumour that another show will take place somewhere near Heathrow, is that true?

Has it been announced yet?

Es x (also posted this in another thread as the subject is similar...)

Thank you Elven Tailor for talking some sense.

Large venues mean large bills however many people turn up. I too spent hours walking around empty spaces in London last year and was very disappointed. It was too far out of the way, too large and not enough going on, and the Hall of Fire was almost empty even at the "Grand Opening". (Well it felt like it as it was so huge and not enough people there)

And I sincerely hope that any venue in London is ruled out, capital or not! (What has being the capital got to do with Tolkien anyway) Getting from anywhere to anywhere in London is a nightmare!

Birmingham would be ideal and The Tolkien Trail could be incorporated into the event. Just contact Birmingham City Council.

I want to see the life size statue of Treebeard!

• 2 weeks later...

Large venues mean large bills however many people turn up. I too spent hours walking around empty spaces in London last year and was very disappointed. It was too far out of the way, too large and not enough going on, and the Hall of Fire was almost empty even at the "Grand Opening". (Well it felt like it as it was so huge and not enough people there)

I think the problem last year was the lack of headline guests. Billy was great, but he's done quite a few conventions now, especially SM ones, so he isnt a particularly huge draw (although I'd go anywhere to see him, I thought I'd just say that before anyone has a go). Craig's also been a regular on the convention circuit so he wasnt new. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with what was on offer last year. I didnt make it to the one before but from all accounts it was much better all round, guest-wise, entertainment-wise, talk-wise, demonstration-wise etc. I think if this new convention can draw some largish guests, then the amount of visitors will be enough to fill the space. I'd rather there was too much space than too little. Anyway, it's been confirmed that it'll be in London now, so lets hope that the venue is good.

OK BUT WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET SOME OFFICIAL NEWS?????

tHERE IS AN ICON ON THE COLLECTORMANIA WEBSITE BUT IT'S NOT CLICKABLE YET...WHICH IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!

WE ARE ALL IN SUSPENDERS!!!!!!!!!!P.S. Why is my Avatar no working...it works on other sites???? Any ideas?

:firedevil:

Edited by rococco

• Moderators

Priority will be on Collectormania 10 which is next week. Obviously most of the work needs to go into that right now.

Perhaps there will be flyers for another show there, who knows. But once they're all finished up with C10 I'm sure progress can be made on other events. It's a fair bit away right now anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I saw that Ring Con was coming to the UK next year I was so excited!

But having attended Ring Con in Germany this weekend I was surprised to find that Ring Con is also going to be in Germany again next year in October.

So I guess that is two Ring Cons next year. I think because of this the European fans will stick with German one and not travel to London. However if it had not been taking place in Fulda again next year then they probably would all travel to London in April.

Just my thoughts!

When I saw that Ring Con was coming to the UK next year I was so excited!

But having attended Ring Con in Germany this weekend I was surprised to find that Ring Con is also going to be in Germany again next year in October.

So I guess that is two Ring Cons next year. I think because of this the European fans will stick with German one and not travel to London. However if it had not been taking place in Fulda again next year then they probably would all travel to London in April.

Just my thoughts!

Hi Love - I also attended another show last weekend (Yo MARC your Hot Brit Chicks miss ya, watch out in April bwahahahahahahaha) and am not surprised that the event will still be held in Germany next year as the two are to run side by side (Collectormania also has it's sister G-mex as an example) Also the original Ring*Con has been running sucessfully for five years, where as Ring*Con UK is new (and damn well exciting!) and will use the sucess from it's sister event to only enhance the Tolkien convention circuit.

Though the two are the same name, they will both run, and will no doubt be different. Ring*Con had a lot of German citizens that play a major part in the opening ceramonies so I've a sneaking suspision that our opening ceramonies will be more UK orientated.........

Having said that - I am really looking forward to staying in the UK and not flying, training and coaching for 11 hours!!! I am positive that fans from all over the world will attend just going by the name they know they will have a great time - and I am looking forward to partaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaying with my friends new and old (Marc, you are not a new friend so................it's ok you can kill me later)

I'm done.

Lisa x x

Edited by BrandinsChick

and am not surprised that the event will still be held in Germany next year as the two are to run side by side (Collectormania also has it's sister G-mex as an example)

Oooh, you are so right!

OK... am now officially excited!

Especially as I have two Eowyn costumes! (too heavy to carry to Germany) :D

I am super excited! It will be so much easier to get to Heathrow than Fulda. We might drive so we can buy more stuff. Hope you have all recovered from another show in Fulda and not suffering from another show blues!! I had an excellent time and will definately be going again next year.

xx