Robocop Car + Costume - Post your pics here!

Delorean 2015

The car was so dissapointing, and the suit............just pathetic

967487[/snapback]

C9Apr2006.jpg

The suit was actually a costume bought by SM Jason who then stuck it all onto a woodframe and then filled in the gaps himself which is why it looked odd around the joints as I was told by the man on the desk.

Edited by nicky

It's such an odd pose though, why on Earth was he fixed up that way?????????

968393[/snapback]

I think he is posed like that so you can pay to stand next to him with his arm around your shoulder. Personally I would never pay for anything like that as it should of been free.

Just like it says ....

967413[/snapback]

I'm not sure, but I think they were charging for people to take pics with the fake robocop & car so I stayed away.

You can't charge for something like that :D

967416[/snapback]

You are correct, there was a charge for the photographs. There was also the opportunity to take your own photos of the figure and car. The car, by the way, was 1 of 6 used in the 2nd film and the costume on the mannequin was also an original (has been touched up but is almost 20 years old remember!) How do I know all this? I shipped the car over from Hollywood from the film / car supplier and the costume came from a very, very good source. Just thought that you would like to know. I have a range of famous tv and film cars and they are of a very high standard. The 1 thing that I will say about the RoboCop car is that please bear in mind that it is just an ordinary Ford Taurus made to look untidy.

968393[/snapback]

cos its a stupid man who was in control of it hahaha

968527[/snapback]

The mannequin was built to have 1 arm on the shoulder of the person having their photo taken and the other hand was to have held his gun, which failed to arrive for the event.

968393[/snapback]

968527[/snapback]

Do you not think that that is inappropriate... As has been said the car was an origonal and the costume was too. The costume had been set up because you needed it to be on something so that it could be used for photographary. I personally find the people that come in to look after the different cars very entertaining and great people to work with. They have to cover the cost of bringing these cars into the country and moving them around too. I think it is totally justifiable to charge people to have their photos taken, especially when they are professional photographers. Although the opportunity was not their this time, I think like in the past where they had Catherine Bach and the General Lee that worked well... I would hate for the people running the cars to see just a negative feedback because I for one enjoy having them at the events and they can bring something new to each event.

A

968393[/snapback]

968527[/snapback]

Do you not think that that is inappropriate... As has been said the car was an origonal and the costume was too. The costume had been set up because you needed it to be on something so that it could be used for photographary. I personally find the people that come in to look after the different cars very entertaining and great people to work with. They have to cover the cost of bringing these cars into the country and moving them around too. I think it is totally justifiable to charge people to have their photos taken, especially when they are professional photographers. Although the opportunity was not their this time, I think like in the past where they had Catherine Bach and the General Lee that worked well... I would hate for the people running the cars to see just a negative feedback because I for one enjoy having them at the events and they can bring something new to each event.

A

972540[/snapback]

We do try to vary the cars that we can supply to the event. RoboCop was something that we tried because of the type of event it was. We did have mixed reviews, but met lots of nice people as well, and took a lot of photographs. We will hopefully bring something VERY special to MK next year!!

968393[/snapback]

968527[/snapback]

A

972540[/snapback]

We do try to vary the cars that we can supply to the event. RoboCop was something that we tried because of the type of event it was. We did have mixed reviews, but met lots of nice people as well, and took a lot of photographs. We will hopefully bring something VERY special to MK next year!!

972544[/snapback]

Get the original Batmobile from the Tim Burton Film and I will pay almost anything for a snap, and I mean it.

Batman.

968393[/snapback]

968527[/snapback]

A

972540[/snapback]

972544[/snapback]

Get the original Batmobile from the Tim Burton Film and I will pay almost anything for a snap, and I mean it.

Batman.

972559[/snapback]

The original 1? From the 1989 film. Difficult. I have sat in 1 of the cars that they used though. I am a big Batman fan and have met the guy that supplied theBatman Returns car. Fantastic!! He was the guy that supplied me with the RoboCop when I was in L.A last year.