What costume will you be coming in to the LFCC?

edgejedi88

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm going to go one day as The White Witch from Narnia,but I keep changing my mind for the other day.THIS week I mostly will be'UltraViolet' LOL! :D

939743[/snapback]

can't wait for the Narnia costume and hope your well

Well I'm going to go one day as The White Witch from Narnia,but I keep changing my mind for the other day.THIS week I mostly will be'UltraViolet' LOL! :rolleyes:

939743[/snapback]

can't wait for the Narnia costume and hope your well

939744[/snapback]

Yes thanks Aspen.....I've finished Ultraviolet( in Avi)....

lol. Lads, if I do get to LFCC expect me to be coming up to anyone in a costume for a photo, mainly cos I think it would be cool to go in costume, but I wouldn't have the time or patience to get one together so I'm just gonna ask costumed people to jump in for a photograph. :P You have been warned.:wub:

As part of the Garrison...Jedi and Agent Smit.

942117[/snapback]

dude! will be great to see you again! this time I hope its not such a rush around...didnt get much chance to chat last time....looking forward to seeing you as an Agent - the pics I have seen so far look smart!

lol. Lads, if I do get to LFCC expect me to be coming up to anyone in a costume for a photo, mainly cos I think it would be cool to go in costume, but I wouldn't have the time or patience to get one together so I'm just gonna ask costumed people to jump in for a photograph.  :wub:  You have been warned.:firedevil:

942120[/snapback]

of course, no problems - we arent camera shy...but we may expect a small donation to our nominated charity...lol :yoda:

Edited by edgejedi88

i might go in a star trek uniform but would i get stared at

942799[/snapback]

I wouldn't think so no... you might get looked at yeah, and people may or may not think stuff, or even actualyl say it. But Personally if I saw you in a Star Trek uniform I'd think you were a legend, and although I'd laugh, it wouldn't be laughing in a bad way, you know?

942799[/snapback]

I wouldn't think so no... you might get looked at yeah, and people may or may not think stuff, or even actualyl say it. But Personally if I saw you in a Star Trek uniform I'd think you were a legend, and although I'd laugh, it wouldn't be laughing in a bad way, you know?

942884[/snapback]

thanks that helps lol

942799[/snapback]

mate - thats the whole idea of going in costume! To be a character that you understand, respect and enjoy. People dress up as anything from Zombies to Mermaids!

I have never met with anyone who has put me down for dressing as a Jedi. I was stood in a newsagents near the GMEX back in Feb and a gang of about 5/6 lads 'on the town' came in, at first I could see that it was a bit of a shock to see a Jedi in a newsagents, but after a few seconds I got nothing but 'wow - that looks great - I always wanted to be a Jedi. Where do you get this stuff from?' and they left patting me on the back and buzzing!

Yes, I admit, it can be a little strange at first, but once you have been wearing it for a few hours you will feel comfortable and positively enjoy the experience to be 'someone else' for a day. How often do you get the chance? These days I look for opportunities to wear costume! I even had to beg my nephew to take me out at Halloween so I could whiz around in the dark with lightsabers! Star Trek is equally well recognised, liked and respected. Ive seen some great looking Trek costumes -in and out of conventions

If you are a little wary, then I would even offer for you to join us Jedi on the day and come around with us if you like to start off till you feel confident? You'll find that people wearing costume will largely have a lot in common and its good to chat. You can always carry a change of clothes with you if you feel you really dont like it after a bit. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. :D

Be brave.

Be yourself.

You're unique.

Wear costume! :lol:

942799[/snapback]

mate - thats the whole idea of going in costume! To be a character that you understand, respect and enjoy. People dress up as anything from Zombies to Mermaids!

I have never met with anyone who has put me down for dressing as a Jedi. I was stood in a newsagents near the GMEX back in Feb and a gang of about 5/6 lads 'on the town' came in, at first I could see that it was a bit of a shock to see a Jedi in a newsagents, but after a few seconds I got nothing but 'wow - that looks great - I always wanted to be a Jedi. Where do you get this stuff from?' and they left patting me on the back and buzzing!

Yes, I admit, it can be a little strange at first, but once you have been wearing it for a few hours you will feel comfortable and positively enjoy the experience to be 'someone else' for a day. How often do you get the chance? These days I look for opportunities to wear costume! I even had to beg my nephew to take me out at Halloween so I could whiz around in the dark with lightsabers! Star Trek is equally well recognised, liked and respected. Ive seen some great looking Trek costumes -in and out of conventions

If you are a little wary, then I would even offer for you to join us Jedi on the day and come around with us if you like to start off till you feel confident? You'll find that people wearing costume will largely have a lot in common and its good to chat. You can always carry a change of clothes with you if you feel you really dont like it after a bit. Nothing ventured - nothing gained.:(

Be brave.

Be yourself.

You're unique.

Wear costume!:D

943261[/snapback]

Well said!

I agree. I got a few looks last time when I went to the LFCC2. When I got on the bus from Harrow to Wembely I was wearing my SG-1 costume. Thankfully I wasn't the only one on the bus dressed up.....there was a jedi there as well. :)

It was my first time to London and that was all I wore all weekend. Ok, I might of had a couple of looks. But I use a walking stick...so now I don't give two hoots anymore if people are staring at me.

Saying that though, I don't think that I'll get as many looks dressed as Ella Dee, that's kinda of a gothic look and there are many about. :)

942799[/snapback]

Not at all, mate! :P

Although, in all honesty, one time I did get a lot of stares when I was in my '60s Trek', considering that it's short enough to be a SHIRT - lol - and I was also wearing it outside of a shop to raise money for charity, in the middle of winter, so... :jason:

Seriously, though, in a Convention, people expect costumers. It's one of the great things about the events!

Like others have said, you'll get smiles and laughs in a very possitive manner. If anyone is negative, then just hold your head up high, because they're probably just jealous that you have the guts to dress like that, or that you have the talent to make the costume, or whatever.

Heck, it's bound to be worth it to get to see the cast of Star Trek, and have your photo taken in Starfleet uniform, eh? ;)

I say go for it! Hehe. It's great to show your love of a character and/or series, and it's also a good laugh to go 'in character' for the day and play like you're on an Away Mission ;) ;)

And one last thing: if you get nervous or feel outnumbered by Civvies (non costumers), just come over and say hi to someone else in costume. We're all really friendly, and if you're with someone else like you, you'll feel less silly.

Im thinking Stargate BDU's seeing as there will be SG people there..at Gmex I only had the shirt so was pretty normal lol (though had quite a few people come up and chat to me still because they still recognised it :P )

I got the trousers now FINALLY too, but as theres no SG people at C9 yet, everyones been telling me to give SG gear a rest for once seeing as theres no guests there to show off too :P so will prob be LFCC when it makes its appearence (with my CSI/SG vest :lol: )

Im thinking Stargate BDU's seeing as there will be SG people there..at Gmex I only had the shirt so was pretty normal lol (though had quite a few people come up and chat to me still because they still recognised it  :D )

I got the trousers now FINALLY too, but as theres no SG people at C9 yet, everyones been telling me to give SG gear a rest for once seeing as theres no guests there to show off too  :borg: so will prob be LFCC when it makes its appearence (with my CSI/SG vest  B) )

944499[/snapback]

oohhh.. SG gear... I like... here, If I came up to you and asked could I put it on for a sec to take a photo in (haven't got any of it meself) would ya let me?? Just a jacket mind. But in saying that, as as strange a question as that is, I'd totally understand if people said no, but I'm all for asking anyway. :D

I'd love to go in costume but I don't have the time or money to get one together cos I have exams in May and I can't afford a costume. :P

Unfortunatly ive yet to get hold of a G-8 WEP jacket for my kit :P Otherwise id have said sure no probs..sorry!

Mind you, the shirt is big and thick enough to act like a jacket lol! Only had that on Saturday morning quing for gmex (no coat) and it kept the cold out a bit and then got hot inside lol

Unfortunatly ive yet to get hold of a G-8 WEP jacket for my kit :blink: Otherwise id have said sure no probs..sorry!

Mind you, the shirt is big and thick enough to act like a jacket lol! Only had that on Saturday morning quing for gmex (no coat) and it kept the cold out a bit and then got hot inside lol

944954[/snapback]

..it was a bit cold queueing outside for GMEX, but hey - we are hardy people eh up Norf? (I cheated and just put my robe up - thats what its for anyway isnt it? lol)

Thats the fun part of it! Then put on your costume running shoes for the VTs queue! TBH it all worked out very well at the GMEX- I was very impressed with the whole event and how smoothly it seemed to go from what I saw.

Go for the Stargate cossie at LFCC though - they were great at GMEX! <_<

Heh, I can't mention the name of the convention (it ain't showmasters lol), but it was the US and official hehe, and we had freak weather in Indianopolis, and were in the queue for hours (the queue snaked round the stadium and back again), G-Mex was nothing :D

Im thinking Stargate BDU's seeing as there will be SG people there..at Gmex I only had the shirt so was pretty normal lol (though had quite a few people come up and chat to me still because they still recognised it  :D )

I got the trousers now FINALLY too, but as theres no SG people at C9 yet, everyones been telling me to give SG gear a rest for once seeing as theres no guests there to show off too  :wub: so will prob be LFCC when it makes its appearence (with my CSI/SG vest  :D )

944499[/snapback]

Hi Crippsy! I thought I'd have a change. I usually wear my SG costume but I'm going for a new look.....;)