Droids

greedo_uk

We have Kenny Baker at the cons - but what about the guys who were in the other droids - or were they radio controlled ?

In particular R5D4

926575[/snapback]

I believe it was radio controlled ... Best I could do when I wanted the evolution card signed was getting the guy who build it Tony Dyson

• Moderators
We have Kenny Baker at the cons - but what about the guys who were in the other droids - or were they radio controlled ?

In particular R5D4

926575[/snapback]

Rusty Goffe was suppsedly inside the Gonk (power) droid in ANH, while Carole Read was inside the one being tortured in Jabba's palace.

Anthony Daniels played CZ-3 (the white droid seen in the streets of Mos Eisley in ANH) as well as playing C-3P0

Chris Parsons was inside droid bounty hunter 4-LOM as well as the white protocol droid K-3PO, both in ESB. He also did some work on C-3PO as Anthony Daniels' double in ESB and ROJ

As far as I can tell, that leaves the silver protocol style droid seen in the sandcrawler, the death star droid in ANH, and the silver 3PO seen on bespin still unknown(altho Cathy Munro who played Zuckuss is thought to have been inside the Silver 3PO). There were of course other droids in the OT, but these are the only ones I can think of that definately had people inside them. The others were radio controlled.

Graham

Well, in the prequels there are a few droids walking around too who probably have people in them.

To name only a few...

- Raymond Griffiths : Gonk Droid + Kenny Baker stand-in (E1);

- Lindsay Duncan : TC-14 / voice (E1);

- John Fensom : TC-14 / body (E1);

- Michael Lynch : C-3PO / puppeteer (E1);

- Joylon Bambridge : R2-D2 / operator (E1);

- Don Bies : R2-D2 / puppeteer (E1);

- Ian Watkin : Food Server COO-2180 (E2);

- Christopher Truswell : RIC-920 (E2);

- Warren Duxbury : C-3PO assist (E2)

Dont forget Tacey Eddon who did stunts in the Star Wars films and did stunts for C-3P0

(remember the famous photo in Time magazine of Tracey and Carrie Fisher both in slave outfits relaxing in the sun)

Also Wendy Leech did stunts for C-3P0 in ANH.

Edited by Dr jones

In particular R5D4

926575[/snapback]

Rusty Goffe was suppsedly inside the Gonk (power) droid in ANH, while Carole Read was inside the one being tortured in Jabba's palace.

Hes done some shows before hasnt he ? - lets get him !!

There were of course other droids in the OT, but these are the only ones I can think of that definately had people inside them. The others were radio controlled.

I recently watched "When Star Wars Ruled the World" on TMF, which had a lot of behind the scenes footage from it and there was this one shot of R1-G4 with his top off, and there was definately a guy sticking out of it who I'm guessing operated it. Trouble is, he looked like he came from Tunisia though.

:angry: