tickets

billybob666

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going from the accompanying letter of the tickets, I daresay that there will be two queues on the day.

The pre-booked one and one for buy on the day, and buy on the day would mean joining the end of the pre-booked queue. (The unnamed London event does operate things that way if I recall correctly.)

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

um.. yes from what i remember showmasters was saying there will be two queues for the early bird entry. One for those who have pre-booked online and another for people buying on the day.

Then the people who have pre-booked will be let in first and the people buying early birds on the day after them.

In someways fair in other ways not.

Yes it does mean that those who can and do book online get in before everyone else, but they unlike people on the day have the problem of paying slightly more (there's a postage and Packaging cost for online ordering) and also if they have chosen tickets for a certain day and ordered weeks in advance... if a wanted guest(s) pulls out, then they still have paid X amount, where as anyone buying on the day can make the decision whether it is still worth forking out the money.

Ho hum...

Im going to go back into my box now and just hope that my pre-booked tickets arrive soon! :wub::wub:

Then the people who have pre-booked will be let in first and the people buying early birds on the day after them.

922132[/snapback]

I so badly misread that. I thought you meant the people who buy them on the Saturday would get let in on the Sunday.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

:wub:

LOL! :) Probabaly partly my fault for typing without thinking....

Shouldn't be on here at the moment anyway.. currently at work! but hey everyone needs a break!

922132[/snapback]

I so badly misread that. I thought you meant the people who buy them on the Saturday would get let in on the Sunday.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

I must not speed read.

:rolleyes:

922136[/snapback]

;)

Surely that's WHY you pre-book ? These people have bought tickets before you (think of them as further up the queue) so why why wouldn't they get in before you ? It's not pushing in at all !

922201[/snapback]

Exactly fair point how about a Gold Ticket Q

Surely that's WHY you pre-book ? These people have bought tickets before you (think of them as further up the queue) so why why wouldn't they get in before you ? It's not pushing in at all !

922201[/snapback]

Exactly fair point how about a Gold Ticket Q

922204[/snapback]

Nah cos then they'll want a platinum ticket queue then where will it go from there?

you guys lost me now,

If i want a early bird ticket i can get one on the day?, if so then what is the difference in me buying that and buying an ordinary ticket as i stlil have to cue up like i would buying a ordinary ticket and all the ppl with early bird tickets will get in way before me. Or i may be wrong as i'm a newb so forgive me :wub:

If you buy a golden ticket on the day you will be able to purchase it one hour before the people queueing up for the ordinary tickets will get the opportunity to purchase their tickets for entry. So in theory you will have one hour where it will be quieter before the masses pour in.

I think this might be covered in the FAQ pinned at the top of the CM-G-Mex section.

well now i'm p@ssed off, it wasn't made clear that you needed to buy upfront to avoid going into a difference queue. i mean, why get there for 8am to find someone turn up at nine, and get in before you. And this could mean some of us miss out on getting the more popular guests, even if we feel like getting there very early to ensure an autograph.

lets hope the powers that be just have one queue for early birds, and that they go up and down the queue selling tickets to those who dont have them.

or i'm sure i wont be the only person who thinks this is going to be the worst run one yet

well now i'm p@ssed off, it wasn't made clear that you needed to buy upfront to avoid going into a difference queue. i mean, why get there for 8am to find someone turn up at nine, and get in before you. And this could mean some of us miss out on getting the more popular guests, even if we feel like getting there very early to ensure an autograph.

lets hope the powers that be just have one queue for early birds, and that they go up and down the queue selling tickets to those who dont have them.

or i'm sure i wont be the only person who thinks this is going to be the worst run one yet

922220[/snapback]

This is how it was at LFACC except you can prebook the tickets.

Think of it as you have an opening time but you could buy the tickets online so the person whp has pre bought them and has received them by post walks straight to the entrance of the hall rather than to the booking office where the people who haven't prebooked their tickets are purchasing theirs. ie the same system as buying tickets at the theatre/cinema

Then just add an earlier start for which the tickets cost more but has the same general setup.

No-ones queue jumping as the opportunity was there for anyone to buy the tickets online.

922220[/snapback]

Most of these types of event have the option for early bird entry. The Collectormania GMEX site mentions that tickets are available in advance, and the online store details entry times for the different tickets

Going up and down the Q selling tickets is pointless, you would need alot more staff to cope, and how would people pay by credit card?

Surely if you are that keen to meet a certain guest, you would make arrangements to be there early?

but they have already closed the ticket office, and their rivals leave the ticket office open til like 2 or 3 days before the event.

so if, like me, you have just found out that you can come along you now find that your day could be severly ruined by the fact that the one or two people you want are going to be unreachable as by the time you get in the VQ tickets are going to be so high even if you make the extra effort in getting to the venue a few hours beforehand.

and dont give me that "you should have seen the ticket link" cr@p either. the fairest way is queueing, and those who want to meet X get there that much earlier than the rest.

it was never this way at Collectormanias last LFCC or Wembley. Are they trying to create an elite group and alienate the remainder?

• Moderators
but they have already closed the ticket office, and their rivals leave the ticket office open til like 2 or 3 days before the event.

so if, like me, you have just found out that you can come along you now find that your day could be severly ruined by the fact that the one or two people you want are going to be unreachable as by the time you get in the VQ tickets are going to be so high even if you make the extra effort in getting to the venue a few hours beforehand.

and dont give me that "you should have seen the ticket link" cr@p either. the fairest way is queueing, and those who want to meet X get there that much earlier than the rest.

it was never this way at Collectormanias last LFCC or Wembley. Are they trying to create an elite group and alienate the remainder?

922235[/snapback]

I hardly think there's an elite group.

I would ASSUME that there'll be a pre-booked line, and then a normal line, as that's the fairest way of doing it.

Then, if you haven't pre-booked, you just turn up early and make sure you're in the queue early, and you'll get in quick enough to meet everyone you want.

As you've said, people may not have known about the event, or about the pre-booking, so there logically should still be a normal line like any other show previously.

However, I suggest instead of working on your own assumptions or other people, the best thing would be to contact Showmasters with your query so that you don't get worked up over a situation which is potentially nothing.

or maybe showmasters should post a reply on this topic for ALL to see.

or are they content for rumours to fester, because from their point of view, so long as they get cash they dont care who they upset in the process? I hope not, but uncertainty breeds such thoughts.

theres enough moderators on here to get an official word

• Moderators
or maybe showmasters should post a reply on this topic for ALL to see.

or are they content for rumours to fester, because from their point of view, so long as they get cash they dont care who they upset in the process? I hope not, but uncertainty breeds such thoughts.

theres enough moderators on here to get an official word

922244[/snapback]

Moderators do not necessarily know every little detail, plus Showmasters are likely very busy with post-FX Show stuff and pre-GMEX bits!

It would hardly kill you to contact them if you're SO annoyed by this, or are you happy just to post on here to tell everyone just how bad they are? :D

I don't see why you're upset. So you missed out on the pre-booked tickets, right? So what! If you get there early and go early bird, you will NOT have a problem with getting in there and getting your virtual queue tickets. As long as you're willing to wait for your number to come up, you'll be fine.

Unfortunately, some people out there have made the effort to do some forward planning, and therefore they'll be getting in quicker than some people.

What can you do? Number all the tickets, and let people in based on who bought them when? Can someone complain if they bought a ticket the FIRST DAY they went on sale, yet the person in front of them in the queue only bought them on the LAST DAY? Does THAT entitle them to be in front? The argument could get extremely petty.

The simple solution is to get there early, queue up, get an early bird ticket, and go in and get your virtual queue tickets. That's what everyone else in your situation will do.

The simple solution is to get there early, queue up, get an early bird ticket, and go in and get your virtual queue tickets. That's what everyone else in your situation will do.

And it's not like there's any huge guests going to G-Mex, so you'll most likely still get to meet whoever you want if you turn up and get let in after the pre-booked early birds, as you'll still be before the normal entry people.

Don't worry - you'll meet whoever you want if you turn up early enough, pre-booked or not.

Jo

By the way, the other event you mentioned sends off e-tickets.

G-Mex tickets were mailed out by post. So they need some time to get to the person who ordered, and that's another reason for closing the ticket office early. It minimizes the risk of people not getting mail in time.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I agree with Billybob, I am driving over 200 miles to an area I do not want to be in and do not have the luxury of being able to purchase a ticket about 2 days prior to the event. These events are being run from the John Prescott school of decorum and not telling the masses. Why Manchester anyway, it's a sh#t hole of an area!

• Moderators

Well if you don't like the way the event is run, or the location, or the way the tickets have been put on sale then I suggest you go somewhere else because that's probably a more simple solution unfortunately for you.

They're not going to change the location because you think it's a sh*thole. They're not going to change the ticket system just because you didn't find out about the event beforehand, or were not able to buy the tickets.

The event has been well publicised, as are all of the events. There are links to the shop on this forum and on the websites. So I'm not really sure what you've joined up to this forum to moan about?

I agree with Billybob, I am driving over 200 miles to an area I do not want to be in and do not have the luxury of being able to purchase a ticket about 2 days prior to the event. These events are being run from the John Prescott school of decorum and not telling the masses. Why Manchester anyway, it's a sh#t hole of an area!

922316[/snapback]

But there was the opportunity to buy them online since November. I've never had a problem getting virtual tickets as an ordinary paying customer or getting talk tickets either so I don't see what people are complaining about. As for Manchester not being the most desireable of places to be, I can think of much worse.

922316[/snapback]

Manchester is not that much of a s*** hole there are worst places out there to be :D