Another talk question but not previously asked

a very good Q

I for another one would like to know the answer as I want to be in the HP talk then go to the SG talk...

SHOWMASTERS?

either way you look at it it's not fair really :wub:

but I guess I may have to sacrafice HP :lol:

surfy sah xx

a very good Q

I for another one would like to know the answer as I want to be in the HP talk then go to the SG talk...

SHOWMASTERS?

either way you look at it it's not fair really :P

but I guess I may have to sacrafice HP  :headscratch:

surfy sah xx

916835[/snapback]

thats why i asked really it seemed unfair either way but i was thinking if you had a seat number you could just move to the number on your next ticket rather than going out to come back in again also the idea of being at the back of the queue if there were no pre arranged seat numbers

Judging by LFACC, the talks area isn't exactly Wembly Arena. :headscratch:

And if gold pass holders get the front row(s) then it will hardly matter if you keep your row ten seat after one talk, rather than join the back of the queue for the next. Just an opinion ......

This is at the discretion of the crew members. Seats were not numbered at the last LFACC so it was pot luck as to where you got to sit. Its a very similar situation to the talks held at Collectormanias.

the problem there is if more people want to go into the talks than there are seats especially popular people like Andy Serkis, Ian Somerhalder and SW.

This shouldn't be a problem as there will only be a set number of tickets available for the talks which will all be checked before the talk commences.

No help whatsoever but my fingers were gonna get stiff if I didn't type something :P

I think it would be fairer to know IN ADVANCE whether the talk will be emptied after each guest or not, especailly remembering the problems that occured relating to this at C7 with talks :help:

the STARGATE talk will be very popular as the double act of MS and CJ is not to be missed if you are a fan :hathor:

the HP talk will also be packed as some of the actors have not appeared before and of course HP is very popular! :lol:

as I have said, I will sacrafice the HP talk to go to the SG1 talk if nesseccary but as alot of my group will be going to HP and/or SG1, I would really be better to know in advance to plan around meeting up with other friends etc etc :wub:

I hope SM change the way their non-MK talks are run and set it out more like another event where by there's a mini stage with a screen in the background and also the seats go AROUND the guest in a sort of semi-circle like at the theater rather than in a rectangle shape. this way you get more people in and more people can be near the front. although the area was enclosed, there was also plenty of space around the edges for people to stand during the really popular talks :D

I also think that GOLD PASS HOLDERS should notify SM, within reason, of what talks they will be attending or are interested in attending - there is no point having rows of empty seats at the front if no one is coming - people can then move forward and it will allow more people to see the talk :lol:

ok spiel over :(

surfy sah xx

I hope SM change the way their non-MK talks are run and set it out more like another event where by there's a mini stage with a screen in the background and also the seats go AROUND the guest in a sort of semi-circle like at the theater rather than in a rectangle shape. this way you get more people in and more people can be near the front. although the area was enclosed, there was also plenty of space around the edges for people to stand during the really popular talks  :lol:

surfy sah xx

917157[/snapback]

I've been to other events where there has been similar setups to the one you described thus reducing the need for ticketing the talks and worked very well. I hope SM do adopt this setup. :wub:

Isn't there 50 gold tickets though? And if there are only 50ish people allowed into the talks, there wont be any room for people who can't afford the gold ticket? :\

917161[/snapback]

I think its about 200 in per talk at LFACC if I remember right. The first 20/30 seats were reserved for gold ticket holders.

Isn't there 50 gold tickets though? And if there are only 50ish people allowed into the talks, there wont be any room for people who can't afford the gold ticket? :\

917161[/snapback]

I think its about 200 in per talk at LFACC if I remember right. The first 20/30 seats were reserved for gold ticket holders.

917164[/snapback]

Aah I see, thankyou :lol: Phew, there's still hope for attending the HP talk then! :wub:

917161[/snapback]

917164[/snapback]

Aah I see, thankyou :lol: Phew, there's still hope for attending the HP talk then! :wub:

917167[/snapback]

Oh yeah definitely :lol:

If you need to have a ticket for the talk, in my opinion the talk area has to be cleared. Cause who will check weather you have a ticket for the next talk if you remain sitting?

917257[/snapback]

As the talks are free in general, unfortunately I don't see much of a problem with that.

As the talks are free in general, unfortunately I don't see much of a problem with that.

917264[/snapback]

But then the whole ticket-thing is feeble-minded!

917266[/snapback]

The last time with C7 the two talks in question were paid for talks, that's where I see the difference.

I think it would be fairer to know IN ADVANCE whether the talk will be emptied after each guest or not, especailly remembering the problems that occured relating to this at C7 with talks :help:

917157[/snapback]

i agree with that

at c7 there were definately some issues over talks and seating

the best way i can see it is if the tickets are numbered and they corrolate to seats that way you get a guaranteed seat so if you are attending 2 talks that run straight after each other you will have a fair chance of getting a good seat

but yeah anyway we will see lol

Edited by tiggerific

At past events, the rooms have been cleared. I guess the reason for this is the ticket system, which is kind of important to make sure the talk area isn't over-crowded. (If you let people stay, how do you know they have a ticket?)

917690[/snapback]

you could get someone to check that they have tickets for the next talk, else boot them out?!

At past events, the rooms have been cleared. I guess the reason for this is the ticket system, which is kind of important to make sure the talk area isn't over-crowded. (If you let people stay, how do you know they have a ticket?)

917690[/snapback]

you could get someone to check that they have tickets for the next talk, else boot them out?!

917734[/snapback]

That would take too long and eat into the amount of time the guests had to talk. Also, people would get tickets for talks for people they didn't want to see, just so they could get a good seat for someone they DID want to see... then, true fans of a talk may not even get a ticket!

For example (as I don't think I've explained that too well), HP fans, may also get tickets for the 2 previous talks, just so they could be near the front for the HP talk and this might prevent actual fans of Brent Spiner getting a ticket.

Just wanted to say I found this thread useful...a number of my friends and I are interested in seeing the Stargate and Harry Potter talks also. Looking fwd to walking 'in and out' of there with you!  :(

917309[/snapback]

unfortunately it wouldn't work like that

for talks at LFaCC3 (I was crewing talks) a queue started to form for the FIREFLY and STAR TREK talks (as example) LONG before they were due to begin!

if the talks are to be emptied and then refilled, people being emptied out are expected to go to the BACK OF THE QUEUE!!

this is why there is a question of fairness :wub:

surfy sah xx

917690[/snapback]

917734[/snapback]

That would take too long and eat into the amount of time the guests had to talk. Also, people would get tickets for talks for people they didn't want to see, just so they could get a good seat for someone they DID want to see... then, true fans of a talk may not even get a ticket!

For example (as I don't think I've explained that too well), HP fans, may also get tickets for the 2 previous talks, just so they could be near the front for the HP talk and this might prevent actual fans of Brent Spiner getting a ticket.

917743[/snapback]

as mentioned in my previous reply, I crewed talks at LFaCC3 and infact this was put into place for one of the popular talks (it might have been Billy Boyd's?) and I was in charge of taking tickets and managing Q etc - lucky me!

so with all the people at the front from the previous talk (some of which, as you point out Chris MK, had no interest in that talk) I had to check tickets and I just asked everyone loudly and clearly (not shouting) to hold up the tickets for me to see everyone had one and to take tickets B)

it was hard to manoover round everyone pushing forward for seats etc and what's a person to do if the parents have a ticket and the kid don't and vise versa and it's the person they've been waiting all day for yadda?! :wub:

I would also like to take this oppurtunity to mention people going down the isle of the talk to take photos:

if you are at the back fair enough, you'd like a pic BUT there were some people at LFaCC3 who knelt on the floor at the front with camera for the ENTIRE talk so everyone else at the back could just see a giant head and not the actor :P

I hope crew will be villigrant about this and put a stop to it cause there's nipping quickly for a pic and there's abusing the oppurtunity :( not to mention causing a fire hazard :P

surfy sah xx

• Showmasters Admin

Although the talks are free they are still ticketed, and the talk area will be emptied before the next talk begins. Although this may seem unfair to someone who is in the previous talk and wants to see the next talk, it would be equally unfair for someone who only wants to see the second talk to end up at the back of the area even though they have been queueing for half an hour. It's swings and roundabouts I'm afraid.

The reason we give out tickets is that there is a limited number of seats and it is better to give out the allocated number of tickets rather than have fans queue for an hour for a talk only to find out there isn't enough room for them all and have to turn some of them away.