what about a summercon in august 2006

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

money thanks but we do not need it thank you

we do not run events for the money as some of you know :uhoh:

as to summercon this is a a fun thing that i did in germany for years

and now we are doing it here in the uk

its something fun we do and if you think its fun also then come; if not then do not bother and do somthing fun in another way

as to us selling this and trying to make it into a business :D

if it was a business thing we would have to run it like one and not get drunk, jump around alot and put your head in jelly, so i think that i will just keep it the way it is and run it so i can chill with you guys and girls that i like and do not get much time with at the shows :D

and as to chinandtonic, we do not know you and you have only posted 10 times here and you are not part of what makes this forum and its shows fun and you are not part of the crew so you would not get to go. its not a public thing, sorry you have to be someone on here to go sorry:blush:

thank you for your concerns :P

yours

jason jellymasters ;):lol:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jason jellymasters

925833[/snapback]

Your websites are in need of a re-design, as they are plain.

I recommend this idea/layout.

...sorry, I'm just really bored. ;):uhoh:

I had a dream about you this morning. I woke up, but instantly fell asleep again and dreamed that you were asking me to wash your shirt. (seriously!) It was really odd. You were quite insistent that I wash your shirt, you took it off and put it on my shoulder. I saw your boobies, and everything.

I felt the need to inform you of this.

I'll shut up now. :D

you would not get to go its not a public thing sorry you have to be someone on here to go

925832[/snapback]

But if this is the case, then why is this proposed event displayed on a public messageboard? A 'pinned' topic on the busiest section of (said) messageboard.

I think you're being a little unfair to 'chinandtonic'. They were only voicing their opinion, in which they seemed to have legitimate concern. You could've replied a little more sensibly, is all.

*still trying to understand what inspired my nipple-based dream of you*

:rolleyes::blink:

I respect that, but please understand that posting sarcastic replies to people's (genuine) questions/views sets a poor example for the rest of us.

925971[/snapback]

Oh porkie do grow up, you're even beginning to annoy me and have the patience of a tortoise.

926163[/snapback]

I wrote that with honesty, much like I write the following.

I don't agree with everything 'chinandtonic' has written, but I stand up in their attempt to voice their own opinions. I feel that's what is missing from this forum - people challenging opinions (so much can be drawn from it, in the end). But perhaps I've missed the point, I don't know. I think it's wrong for those in charge to write sarcastic, belittling replies in response to things of equal nature. Those in charge are much bigger than that, and should approach every subject sensibly. Again, I've probably missed the point, but it all reflects upon their company in the end.

whatever. I know I'm not wanted here, anyway.

adios, people. x

I respect that, but please understand that posting sarcastic replies to people's (genuine) questions/views sets a poor example for the rest of us.

925971[/snapback]

Oh porkie do grow up, you're even beginning to annoy me and have the patience of a tortoise.

926163[/snapback]

I wrote that with honesty, much like I write the following.

I don't agree with everything 'chinandtonic' has written, but I stand up in their attempt to voice their own opinions. I feel that's what is missing from this forum - people challenging opinions (so much can be drawn from it, in the end). But perhaps I've missed the point, I don't know. I think it's wrong for those in charge to write sarcastic, belittling replies in response to things of equal nature. Those in charge are much bigger than that, and should approach every subject sensibly. Again, I've probably missed the point, but it all reflects upon their company in the end.

whatever. I know I'm not wanted here, anyway.

adios, people. x

926190[/snapback]

Putting it as childishly and simply as possible.

It's their forum, their event and up to them to run it how they see fit. I've never been anything other than polite to the SM staff (well apart from trying to trip Dave over but I was drunk) and I've seen my politely worded suggestions listened to and in most cases happen.

However they do it, they run the events as fans themselves, and do a damn fine job of it, i've been to most the major events in the UK and smaller ones and I've never found the fun, friends and amazing moments with guests anywhere else.

These guys are the only convention organisers I consider friends, who make moments for the fans to build friendships and make the effort to be part of it. It's rare and I think wonderful.

I find some sarcasm quite amusing, but honestly I'm sick of watching the constant squabbling around here for the sake of a few people whinging.

Edited by Little Miss Idiot

I don't think there was anything sinister about the New Year meet (well, apart from me being a drunken mess), so I can't see how a Summer one would be different really.

Of course I can see how the whole idea could raise concern (especially with the issue of relatively 'unknown' internet people attending) but I know for a fact that the only people who did go to the New Year party were regulars at the cons and/or trusted friends of the organisers etc.

If, somehow, something does go wrong and someone who is 'unknown' does attend, it isn't really any different attending a party in MK with them than attending a club with hundreds of unknowns in the centre of a busy city...especially with the risk of drink-spiking on the rise etc.

Ok, so that was a weird argument to put across, but there really are 'risks' wherever you spend your time these days *becomes a paranoid wreck* lol

As for underage drinking, this is something that is done everywhere! SM aren't selling any alcohol on the premises, so all that is consumed in their presence has been bought beforehand...perhaps even brought with them from home and with their parents' consent.

Even if not, I'm sure the little scallywags would find a way to get their gob 'round a sticky bottle of 20-20 wherever they went...a park bench perhaps? :P

Oh, I don't know. I think the whole thing is totally harmless really and when you actually experience the weekend yourself you definitely realise that it isn't done for profit or business promotion. It's all about fun!

And I for one quite appreciated not having to spend time organising what I was going to be doing on New Year for a change this year...it was all done for me! Hoorah :wub:

I do enjoy a good debate though :D

The summercon, would be excellent!  Lots of fun to had all around.  If going ahead count me in ( as long as my boss gives me the time off  :lol: )

Thanks for a fab weekend , can't wait until C9

Marina xx

926222[/snapback]

Yay BOB is comming (ask Andy)

A

The summercon, would be excellent!  Lots of fun to had all around.  If going ahead count me in ( as long as my boss gives me the time off  ;) )

Thanks for a fab weekend , can't wait until C9

Marina xx

926222[/snapback]

Yay BOB is comming (ask Andy)

A

926294[/snapback]

Honestly, I give up with you :rolleyes:

That sig is annoying, keep it  :D

I know about the term BOB, its easier to remember people, I like the logic.  It would have amused Andy for five minutes.

926653[/snapback]

I daren't ask about the sig i know what happened last time with The Nightmare Before Christmas, but i can guess. It got Me confused for longer than five minutes - nowt new there, but I worked it out due to Alx's occasionally annoying habit of abbreviating everthing, it takes my 3 attempts to decipher his texts, but that's all part of the fun :P

Edited by Harry

I don't think there was anything sinister about the New Year meet (well, apart from me being a drunken mess), so I can't see how a Summer one would be different really.

Of course I can see how the whole idea could raise concern (especially with the issue of relatively 'unknown' internet people attending) but I know for a fact that the only people who did go to the New Year party were regulars at the cons and/or trusted friends of the organisers etc.

If, somehow, something does go wrong and someone who is 'unknown' does attend, it isn't really any different attending a party in MK with them than attending a club with hundreds of unknowns in the centre of a busy city...especially with the risk of drink-spiking on the rise etc.

Ok, so that was a weird argument to put across, but there really are 'risks' wherever you spend your time these days *becomes a paranoid wreck* lol

As for underage drinking, this is something that is done everywhere! SM aren't selling any alcohol on the premises, so all that is consumed in their presence has been bought beforehand...perhaps even brought with them from home and with their parents' consent.

Even if not, I'm sure the little scallywags would find a way to get their gob 'round a sticky bottle of 20-20 wherever they went...a park bench perhaps? :P

Oh, I don't know. I think the whole thing is totally harmless really and when you actually experience the weekend yourself you definitely realise that it isn't done for profit or business promotion. It's all about fun!

And I for one quite appreciated not having to spend time organising what I was going to be doing on New Year for a change this year...it was all done for me! Hoorah  :D

I do enjoy a good debate though  :P

926218[/snapback]

The other thing is that all those that attended at New Year looked out for each other, as a whole and within their individual tight-knit groups, and I can't see that the summercon would be any different.

That sig is annoying, keep it  :D

I know about the term BOB, its easier to remember people, I like the logic.  It would have amused Andy for five minutes.

926653[/snapback]

I daren't ask about the sig i know what happened last time with The Nightmare Before Christmas, but i can guess. It got Me confused for longer than five minutes - nowt new there, but I worked it out due to Alx's occasionally annoying habit of abbreviating everthing, it takes my 3 attempts to decipher his texts, but that's all part of the fun :P

927152[/snapback]

Dont worry Andy it was a mere spelling error on Marina's behalf she meant hours not minutes.. lol.. When I wrote it, it did not have a meaning but you gave it one, thankyou.

The signature was a really useful signature, It was the C9 FAQ so if anyone had a question at any time they could jus read my sig :P

Finally New Years was so special and most of the crew who attended will agree we crew the events because we love them, it costs us to do the events, we go to the meets coz we love everyone else and it costs us again. We dont mind paying out if it means were gunna have a good time with friends.. I wouldnt care if SM were making money out of us having fun this summer, coz I know I would have more fun with them than if I was in some forgien country on the beach. And as Jason said he doesnt care he is like the rest of us, maybe slightly crazier, but hes just there to have fun too..

A

That sig is annoying, keep it  :unsure:

926653[/snapback]

I daren't ask about the sig i know what happened last time with The Nightmare Before Christmas, but i can guess. It got Me confused for longer than five minutes - nowt new there, but I worked it out due to Alx's occasionally annoying habit of abbreviating everthing, it takes my 3 attempts to decipher his texts, but that's all part of the fun :D

927152[/snapback]

Dont worry Andy it was a mere spelling error on Marina's behalf she meant hours not minutes.. lol.. When I wrote it, it did not have a meaning but you gave it one, thankyou.

The signature was a really useful signature, It was the C9 FAQ so if anyone had a question at any time they could jus read my sig :D

Finally New Years was so special and most of the crew who attended will agree we crew the events because we love them, it costs us to do the events, we go to the meets coz we love everyone else and it costs us again. We dont mind paying out if it means were gunna have a good time with friends.. I wouldnt care if SM were making money out of us having fun this summer, coz I know I would have more fun with them than if I was in some forgien country on the beach. And as Jason said he doesnt care he is like the rest of us, maybe slightly crazier, but hes just there to have fun too..

A

927185[/snapback]

Its the old age, takes brain longer to process information :P Maybe days instead of hours :D

Wish I could have been at New Year, sounds and looked like a lot of fun. Role on the summercon, and this new year. I come to these events to see old friends and make new ones. To do a job that I would love to do full time. I wouldn't care either if SM were amking money out of us, Jason is running a business, how else will he survive? Its going to be fantastic this summercon, can't wait, lots of fun to be had!

That sig is annoying, keep it  :angry:

926653[/snapback]

I daren't ask about the sig i know what happened last time with The Nightmare Before Christmas, but i can guess. It got Me confused for longer than five minutes - nowt new there, but I worked it out due to Alx's occasionally annoying habit of abbreviating everthing, it takes my 3 attempts to decipher his texts, but that's all part of the fun :D

927152[/snapback]

The signature was a really useful signature, It was the C9 FAQ so if anyone had a question at any time they could jus read my sig ;)

A

927185[/snapback]

Its the old age, takes brain longer to process information :( Maybe days instead of hours :D

Wish I could have been at New Year, sounds and looked like a lot of fun. Role on the summercon, and this new year. I come to these events to see old friends and make new ones. To do a job that I would love to do full time. I wouldn't care either if SM were amking money out of us, Jason is running a business, how else will he survive? Its going to be fantastic this summercon, can't wait, lots of fun to be had!

927250[/snapback]

Your obsessed with my age I ain't Methuselah!!!!!