G-MEX Harry Potter

Tippin

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small thought - on our planned wizards duel Lizzi, think my voldie wand (it arrived today) might be a little too delicate to thrwo across the con centre...

909678[/snapback]

Could fit in it....? *grin* Sorry being silly... too much coffee!

910350[/snapback]

You mentalist! lol

We've got a moaning murtle already lol so steph can't be her too how about Patsy and be Draco's girlfriend XD

Ah well if she wants to be Ron - may have a very disappoint boy on my hands though XD

Hi all. Hows the costuming coming along. Anyho! Heres the sketch that I've been planning to post for some time. Its my basic sketch for Lucius' DE robe

DEsketch.jpg

As you can see its a basic robe with an extra piece around the shoulders. I'm going to cheat down the front. I'm going to use velcro rather than doing 20 button holes. I might be able to do them for peeps if people are having trouble. You can e-mail me.

I would sugguest that the DE wear a black turtle neck top underneath so that the collar dosen't have to be done.

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy

its fine Caz, Emsi's said she'd rather do Ginny so think she's going CoS ginny so currently trying to find her a black leather book!

Im giving in I don't care anymore...gap are evil and there is no shop in leicester that sells anything like fleurs tracksuit so Im buying thw whole thing off ebay. It'll look better on the day to have the exact same rather than one that barely looks like it and I still wouldn't have really made it anyway. can't say I didn't try. I still have my velvet-type bloack hooded cape/robe if it will fit in with everyone elses

Viktor Krum at your service.

910764[/snapback]

DUDE! XD thats ace! XD hehehe! XD We've nearly got a full house of Potter! XD

Tacked my robes together last night - my god they look ace...if really low backed right now lol

Cool Ellie (FD rather than CD lol) XD be ace to have a Ginny running around especially if our Ronald comes through lol -huggles- have you tried www.partyoutfits.co.uk say a sign with a top that looked very fleur on it

veritas @ Jan 6 2006, 12:12 PM)

I would Love to join you guys as  a DE.  Unfortunately I dont think I'll have time to  get the kit together and as I'm going with the FFuk lot I may being going as leia.

But if you post any  hints and tips on getting your costumes together  I would be grateful.

Tippin - Depends on your level of experience to how would be best to put it together - being rather useless at making things I tend to buy what I can or get things custom made - granted I can use a sewing machine so the robes aren't a problem to make but the rest is all bought or made for me by third parties

I do a lot of Star wars / sci fi Cosplay, Tippin. The actual robes could be done in a weekend, its the hat and mask that will take up most time. I may give it a whirl anyway tho.... I think Id use black cotton velvet for the robes, it would hand just right.

Elli you going as uniformed Ced or Tournament Krum

910783[/snapback]

I'm Uniform Cedric Diggory and Third Task Cedric Diggory.

I am no Krum!

I'm a cake! lol!

Oh and does anyone know how the hell I'm going to get stripes down the side of my running pants for Ced? They're kinda shiny, cos I was gonna use them for my Dragon Task costume too. :rolleyes:

Edited by JaY (Gears?!?)

wow did I see veritas post? ^_^

Ok I was planning on making a Bellatrix robe but well don't have the time and really skint at the moment, well do have some overdraft but trying not to hit that too much can if I have to though.

SOoooooo my Bellatrix on Saturday, I am wearing what I had before but modifying my school robes to make into general robes as I don't think you can see much of the gryffindor red on it if the hod is up anyway so that is one option rather than me freezing to death.

I could buy a general black robe and hope I don't hit my over draft too much especially as I am not coming to C9 now so might be able to save some money on the next loan installment :D

910764[/snapback]

Tacked my robes together last night - my god they look ace...if really low backed right now lol

Cool Ellie (FD rather than CD lol) XD be ace to have a Ginny running around especially if our Ronald comes through lol -huggles- have you tried www.partyoutfits.co.uk say a sign with a top that looked very fleur on it

910826[/snapback]

oh nice so we have Ellie FD and Ellie CD! sweet! Emsi's changed her mind again so now she can't come, so glad I hadn't already perchased a tie and scarf!

I should be the proud owner of my tracksuit from ebay as of tomorrow when the bid closes, the bf is gonna pay my paypal for me to get it here quicker. lizzi and I are gonna play around with ideas for a DE mask this weekend.

Dude do you want/need me get your mask for you?

Elli you going as uniformed Ced or Tournament Krum

910783[/snapback]

I'm Uniform Cedric Diggory and Third Task Cedric Diggory.

I am no Krum!

I'm a cake! lol!

Oh and does anyone know how the hell I'm going to get stripes down the side of my running pants for Ced? They're kinda shiny, cos I was gonna use them for my Dragon Task costume too. :blink:

910859[/snapback]

Hehehehe... I think current plans are to do the tournament/deatheaters thing on Saturday and possibly Sunday morning (dependant on plans for wearing normal costumes/LOTR costumes...)

I'm going to do the red stripes on Harry's trousers by buying some faintly shiny ribbon, and just sewing it on... might look a little weird, but at least it's easy to do!

How's the Cedric 3rd task top looking??

Lizzi xxx

910764[/snapback]

910826[/snapback]

oh nice so we have Ellie FD and Ellie CD! sweet! Emsi's changed her mind again so now she can't come, so glad I hadn't already perchased a tie and scarf!

I should be the proud owner of my tracksuit from ebay as of tomorrow when the bid closes, the bf is gonna pay my paypal for me to get it here quicker. lizzi and I are gonna play around with ideas for a DE mask this weekend.

Dude do you want/need me get your mask for you?

911081[/snapback]

Dude that would be ace! Take it out of what you owe me for the take that tickets? It's the Balaclava Lizard Kin Mask - can u have it sent to you and then sent to me from you in more present type packaging - trust me with my parents the deception is necessary - there's some details that maybe able to be altered so I don't have to do any work on it to make it right which I'll e-mail to ya!

Robes are nearly done lol - LM mine are taking forever lol but then I only have evenings and having to use myself as the manakin

Dude that would be ace! Take it out of what you owe me for the take that tickets? It's the Balaclava Lizard Kin Mask - can u have it sent to you and then sent to me from you in more present type packaging - trust me with my parents the deception is necessary - there's some details that maybe able to be altered so I don't have to do any work on it to make it right which I'll e-mail to ya!

Robes are nearly done lol - LM mine are taking forever lol but then I only have evenings and having to use myself as the manakin

911105[/snapback]

thats no problem hunny. does the guy you've been emailing about your mask know what you do and don't want on it? if its easier just to give you my card details and address thats fine. I was going to ask you at new year how you wanted to sort the take that ticket price out, i don't actually know how much it was just said yes!

don't worry about your parents, most are like that. must admit i was lucky, mine just let me get on with it,plus what they don't know can't hurt them!

My god trying to find a decent badge for my robes is proving quite hard. And getting decent head shot pics for Draco is even harder. I need pics to get my hair cut. One problem though is that I can't cut my hair till like 2 days before cause it grows way to quickly....stupid hair...same with dying it need to dye it 2/3 days before cause if not ill get roots.

I need Goblet of Fire hair pics because I need to take them to the hair dressers with me.

I'm thinking at Gmex to maybe get people to take pics of their tranformation into the HP characters.

I.e. Take one before you cut or dye you hair (if applicable)

One of you in normal clothing, what your wearing before you put your costume on

Pics taken as the costume is slowly being put on. i.e if your doing uniform. pic 1: pants and shirt. 2: pants shirt and tie. 3: pants shirt tie and jumper. 4: full costume on.

Then maybe pics of any make up or additional things you do to make yourself really look like the character.

Final picture in full costume doing a stance the character does.

Just a thought

I need Goblet of Fire hair pics because I need to take them to the hair dressers with me.

I'm thinking at Gmex to maybe get people to take pics of their tranformation into the HP characters.

I.e. Take one before you cut or dye you hair (if applicable)

One of you in normal clothing, what your wearing before you put your costume on

Pics taken as the costume is slowly being put on. i.e if your doing uniform. pic 1: pants and shirt. 2: pants shirt and tie. 3: pants shirt tie and jumper. 4: full costume on.

Then maybe pics of any make up or additional things you do to make yourself really look like the character.

Final picture in full costume doing a stance the character does.

Just a thought

911136[/snapback]

That's an ace idea! Could only probably do about four shots of my transformation lol! hmmm need acrylic nails now - think I'll get them tomorrow when I pick up my photos

The pics are good but probably could do with some more. Ive actually died my hair now and I'm proper platinum blonde now yay!!! Totally Draco just need it cutting closer to the event. The girl who did my hair is my fiance's dad's wife and she says if needs be buy some Nice and Easy blonde dye and do my hair like on the friday night to touch up any bits or even just my roots!

So a big thanks to Douby for doing my hair!