G-MEX Harry Potter

Tippin

Hey all. Hows it going? Vertias, the cotton velvet is prefect for the robe. I hope you have fun making it. Ellie I hope you have some good luck soon for your Fluer. I've completed my DE mask. I'll tell you how (I would post pics but my camera is being evil at the mo).

I picked up a basic ready made plain mask from 'The Works' a stationary shop. Its flexable and only cost £1.49. I then cut the shape I needed with a modeling knife. I stuck on the teeth which were made out of viynal. I then painted it using a dry brush techniquie used by people who paint little minitures. The whole effect looks so cool and proberly cost me about £3.00 in total to create. It took about two hours roughy to make.

I just wish I could post a pic.

Emma xx

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehehe... I think current plans are to do the tournament/deatheaters thing on Saturday and possibly Sunday morning (dependant on plans for wearing normal costumes/LOTR costumes...)

I'm going to do the red stripes on Harry's trousers by buying some faintly shiny ribbon, and just sewing it on... might look a little weird, but at least it's easy to do!

How's the Cedric 3rd task top looking??

Lizzi xxx

911094[/snapback]

Its looking kinda yellow and black... fabric... *grin* I will finish... honest

ok once I finish this report today I will look for some more Draco photos :)

Cool Emma, when your camera works send us a picture I would love to see it.

Ok robe question, instead of altering my gryffindor robe and hoping no one sees the red, think I could get away with a black velvet robe for Bellatrix instead?

Well due to being online last night and being at work tonight my robes are still waiting to be finished with the darts and pleats - there is sooooo much material in the back panel lol but it looks amazing right now and swishes and AHHHHH! lol am so excited now!

Well done Emma on the mask it sounds ace! God I wish it was closer now lol means I wouldn't be in work for one thing but it's a month away yesterday! XP XD

Maybe not sure on the Bella robe Bella lol

Sam - yay on your hair being all Draco! XD

I've seen the costume Ellie is going to be wearing hopefully on ebay and OMLN i hate her so much for how beautiful the suits are! This group is going to be so ace! I'll take some pics of the robes on me asap - got tomorrow night off work and the whole of saturday so I'll have enough time to finish them and work on my movements for voldie. For my underclothes I'm wearing a modified male polo shirt that in small is still wayyyyy too big for me and only cost £2 and the trousers used to fit me really now but are hugely baggy since I lost weight. Am gonna wear flip flops to walk round in and then go barefoot for photos I think and does nayone think it's worth me getting the acrylic nails for my hands and toes to be really accurate? If so I'll have to get them after I get paid on the 27th coz I don't ahve enough money to be able to spend as my phone bill goes out before I get my pay check (stupid dates) and this month it was thirty over what I thought it would be -whistles- That's phoning you in canarda Jeannette!

Meh, this is no good. I don't think I can make a robe in time. Will speak to my friend who did a death eater for the GOF meetup and see how he did his. Although, worst option. is robeless although would mean people will probably get to draw some lovely tatoos on me :P

Meh, this is no good. I don't think I can make a robe in time. Will speak to my friend who did a death eater for the GOF meetup and see how he did his. Although, worst option. is robeless although would mean people will probably get to draw some lovely tatoos on me :P

911632[/snapback]

Yat playing with black marker pen! Did anyone look into the tatoos btw? i know I don't need one bing voldemort and all that but still interested to know lol

I know that hot topic do the tattoos in varying different colours (not sure as to the purpose of that, but there ya go!)

I'll ask in here, as not sure everyone checks the posts in the g-mex thread...

Do you think I should dirty up my lovely clean Harry top, to make it more suitable for the graveyard scene... Also, dude... Is there a graveyard near G-mex at all?? How cool would it be to take over for a photo session in the dying light of day, Saturday afternoon??

Then onto a meal, all dressed up still, before retiring back to our various locations?? I really feel as though we should do something on Saturday night... though Ellie's suggestion of stalking Stan and Robert is quite amusing! hehehehe

Lizzi xxx

Oh you're sooo wrong!! You and your dodgy dreams!! I had another CSI one last night... what's up with that?!?

911746[/snapback]

It takes over your life after a while - am going to read my csi book soon because there is nothing to do at work

What time are you home from work?  I'm getting kinda bored of the computer room... seems empty and lost with no tasks to be doing! heheheh At least I've done one of my reviews now!

911756[/snapback]

lol! I get home at 11 - Kelle has already hponed me at work to chat lol was great lol nothing much to do and the manager doesn't mind lol - got to be up with the larks tomorrow though - work starts at 7am but means I get the whole of saturday off YES! so i think I can bear being up at 6am tomorrow - easily be 2am before I go to sleep though!

-huggles- I know what you mean about the lag in tasks - but I have the joy of marking still to come -sigh- I'll do it all on saturday lol and we may have on of our fellow original gamers setting the tasks for the next one so it can be students vs professors lol and nobody can complain of cheating!

Wohoo - sounds like a good plan!!

Sooo can't wait to find out who wins this last game ;-) What's the prize in any case... there'd better be an award of some description!! hehehehe

911772[/snapback]

I'll make cerificates for you and send them via the post and you can display them amongst your autographs

Dude - Caz... call me whenever you're done with work... I've done a shameful stalkering thing, and must tell you all about it, as we're both mentioned... I think my ears are both burning from the shock of it all... who'd have thought!! HAHAHAHAH