G-MEX Harry Potter

Tippin

Well dude this is a predicament I'm sure to be certain lol

I'll make a deal with you gambit - if you promise to pose for the dead cedric shots then I will be krum instead or maybe even Cho...lol XD

902256[/snapback]

Are you sure? Cos I didn't mean to gatecrash.. I was just letting you know you'd have a doppleganger. But if you're sure, I'd play dead for you. Though I may fall asleep... I have that uncanny ability to sleep anywhere. :unsure:

902416[/snapback]

ah don't worry dude - I'll be a better Krum anyway and have a great idea for pics with stan lol.

Yay playing dead! lol

902601[/snapback]

youll have to get the jumper of ebay now. told you im useful :D

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay I think you would work as Ced better than Krum. That is if you are Sam's (Naurawren's fellow Thunderbird) friend. So i do know what you look like.

I will be building my DE mask myself. I will be building it such that it will fit into the hood with velcrow (sic) so that it can be ripped off by Voldy. I will be making it out of rubber. If you want we could proberly build everyones so that we are all matching. We will need a bit of cash towards the cost of fabrics.

I'm not too worried about the mask side of things... I am concerned over the Hat though... I could probably make something out of Leather, if I had any idea where I could buy some from...

The robes ought to be reasonably easy to make as well...

That all depends on how much you wanted for the outfit though, as I'm rapidly running short of time!! lol

Oh, and I think we should do the deatheaters on the day that the competition isn't, so that we're in our individual outfits for the comp... lol...

Jay I think you would work as Ced better than Krum.  That is if you are Sam's (Naurawren's fellow Thunderbird) friend.  So i do know what you look like. 

902666[/snapback]

Yeah I'm that crazy TBird! And thanks. :help:

On the subject if days... at least I think I saw it mentioned... maybe I imagined it... but anyway... which day is the 3rd task? Cos i'll wear my uniform on the other day and go and see Rob, cos I don't really wanna go up with fake blood and stuff on my face, cos y'know, not very attractive.

Tippin and I were chatting last night (for ages!) and I think I may be going as third-task harry for most the weekend, so that when we do the third-task cedric, with all the blood and stuff, we can recreate the scene in the graveyard with ced, harry, voldemort and all the deatheaters...

On the other hand, I still want to do the death-eater march through the centre, so may be tempted to just pop the robes, mask and hat on OVER my harry outfit, so I can be both at the same time... what do people think? lol

Lizzi xxx

I think it's going to be fantastic but slight change in plans - rather than being Viktor am going to just be Voldemort and we can have the champions going round with the death eaters that way we've got so many more photo ops and also can do a little bit of the graveyard scene lol

Emma - Think you have an excellent point and that we should arrange it so that the death eaters all match but I think if we go through with the current thought it'll be five of us (i think if memory serves) that will be the death eaters - I'll e-mail you to talk about it properly

Ellie - know what you mean about the fake blood lol - luckily hiding behind my voldemort mask lol and then nobody shall recognise me - ha chris -cough- lol ignore that lol

I think it's going to be fantastic but slight change in plans - rather than being Viktor am going to just be Voldemort and we can have the champions going round with the death eaters that way we've got so many more photo ops and also can do a little bit of the graveyard scene lol

Emma - Think you have an excellent point and that we should arrange it so that the death eaters all match but I think if we go through with the current thought it'll be five of us (i think if memory serves) that will be the death eaters - I'll e-mail you to talk about it properly

Ellie - know what you mean about the fake blood lol - luckily hiding behind my voldemort mask lol and then nobody shall recognise me - ha chris -cough- lol ignore that lol

905310[/snapback]

Yeah right... but he may recognise jeanette and I, and thus put two and 1 together to get who the third mysterious person is... plus he knows to look out for a person dressed up!! it'll be class dude, panic ye not!!

Emma - come to my new years bash... we're planning on working on some costume stuff then, so could get the death-eaters to match during those discussions!! You can bring people along if you like... plenty of space to crash (dependant on numbers! obv! I can put up 2 or 3 more though!)

Lizzi xxx

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I'll be able to do Rita anymore :headscratch: I didn't get a sewing machine for Christmas as I'd hoped and I'm not sure I feel up to sewing the kind of satin I'd have to use by hand (It's the kinda material that frays so badly you want to kill it!)

Right. I hope to do test runs of the mask and hood in the New Year. I'll make the mask out of rubber and the hood out of leatherette (its cheaper than real leather and still looks the part). I will have a better idea of how much it will cost then. I love the idea of a Death Eater march.

I do have more peeps wanting to join us. My brother would like to do Snape (budget permitting). I also know of a hermione and a Moaning Myrtle. My Lady will be doing Narcissa (since she dose appear in the 4th book).

I won't be able to make your New years bash as I have one planned. Keep me posted on how everything goes. Have a good new year party.

Lucius/Emma xx

Cool - this group is sounding so good already... Caz half-started the Voldemort cloak the other day, after finding a great material in one of my local shops... I've bought the Harry top off e-bay, so that ought to be waiting for me at Uni when I get back this weekend... then it's just trackie bottoms, the wig, glasses and fake blood/mud, and I'll be sorted...

We discussed Ellie's Fleur outfit as well...

How are the rest of people getting on?? Oh, and having a Snape, Hermione and a Moaning Murtle sounds fantastic too... the more the merrier!!

We're still missing a Krum if anyone wants to do it, or knows someone who should...

Sam>> Sorry that I haven't been in contact. I've had no money for the past two months. So no phone credit. I will do you the Draco robe. Let me know which one you want and what size you wnat it in. I will need the money up front in order to buy the fabric as I have none in stock. The first years (ps) will be £30 and the third year (poa) will be £40.

I've found some Death eater pics that might help.

Here's one of the mask.

_40806406_deatheater_300.jpg

Some shots of Lucius in the robes.

calendarLucius.jpg

lm.jpg

Hopefully they will be useful.

Nothing like being able to get dressed quickly when the Dark Lord calls, huh?? All those buttons... Great pics though - especially the mask!! It's the mask that makes me want to do a deatheater costume still, though think being Harry the whole weekend will also be a lot of fun!!

Okay well after arguing with modrock last night with it refusing to be wand like and instead a small dagger - could be useful for something I suppose - I've just bought the Voldemort wand, I'm still missing the back panel of my robes, but the rest of the pieces are sewn together, look kinda pregnant with the way the neckline falls and the material crosses - but it still looks really good, the sleeves especially. I am just short of my mask now which I am ordering today hopefully, then Lord Voldemort is all set to rise XD

Anyone have any pics of Draco at the Quidditch World Cup or at the Yule Ball.

Emma you doing casual Lucius at any point if you are I'll do a casual Draco if I can get the money together.

Might try and persuade my boyfriend to go as Barty Crouch Jnr

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn