WITH BUZZ ALDRIN AT THIS EVENT NOW

Crostini

YES OR NO SIMPLE REALLY  

19 members have voted

1. 1. YES OR NO SIMPLE REALLY

• YES
    • NO

What a fantastic opportunity this would provide and would surely get a huge response from the public. Why stop at Neil Armstrong...are there any chances of luring 'the third man from the Appollo Xl mission - astronaut Mike Collins as well. I too would be prepared to pay a sizeable chunk of hard-earned for such a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Come on Dave...get on the phone....any chance?

Edited by Niallsdad

I'm afraid Mr Armstrong doesn't do public signings anymore and hasn't since 1994.

Similarly Michael Collins would also be difficult to get for signings and I'm not sure that any of them would or have signed together since the Apollo press conferences in '69 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

P.S. Good sources of information on the American Astronauts are :

'A Man on the Moon' by Andrew Chaikin

'Moondust' by Andrew Smith

and

'From the Earth to the Moon' - TV Series (by Tom Hanks)

Edited by Mr Wiggly

• 3 weeks later...
I never thought I get the chance to meet Buzz Aldrin and Scott Carpenter.

Quite...I was shaking when meeting Mr Carpenter...god alone knows what I'ld be like meeting Mr Armstrong....

Perhaps John Glenn might be more approachable although at his age perhaps no

Edited by disurmston

ah but you may be wrong my friend. According to someone my uncle knows in america who do signings Mike Collins keeps in touch with Neil Armstrong and if they ever get around to talking about Signings there is a chance he will ONLY and i mean ONLY to a PRIVATE SIGNING.

Mike Collins has done TWO with these people and says Neil Armstrong may do a one off depending on the circumstances.

Edited by Crostini

ah but you may be wrong my friend. According to a friend i have in America who does Astronaut signings Mike Collins keeps in touch with Neil Armstrong and if they ever get around to talking about Signings there is a chance he will ONLY and i mean ONLY to a PRIVATE SIGNING.

Mike Collins has done TWO with these people and says Neil Armstrong may do a one off depending on the circumstances.

889000[/snapback]

So how come your "friend" did not tell you the Aldrin book he's selling is already signed (see other thread)?

In any case Prendy was writing about public events so I'm afraid you're off the mark

even though I wish NA would change his mind!