New Series

Daniel_Jackson

I just been thinking that if we dont have a new series of star trek then what will happen to it does any one have any ideas about it. Should there be a new film and if so what should it be about?

Please give me your thoughts on the topic.:P

There has always been talk about doing a series based on Star Fleet Academe (excuse sp?) That would be great, we could have admiral Janeway popping in from time to time. And some of the other members of crew from Voyager, DS9 and TNG could pop in from time to time, or people like Tuvok could be teachers, well he has been one before.

Thats an idea thats been going on for ages but it would be good to see.

They could even bring Scott Bakular back, very easy. They could have flash backs to when the academe first opened and what it was like in the beginning. They could have him cutting the ribben to open the academe, or just sitting in the back of a classroom seeing what the students first lesson were like. He could even give some lectures about his time on the first ship to really explore space, and what some of his missions were like......

What do you think, Daniel_Jackson

:wub:

LLAP :blink:

Edited by zebredy

zebredy I think that that would be a good story line for a new series of star trek. The idea of having apreances from old cast members would be a sure fire hit for star trek fans. How long do you think it will take them to come out with a new series of star trek. Because there hasn't been any information on if people have started filming a new series. Have you herad about they are thinking of making a new film?

I dont think that it would happen for at least 3-4years, I also think that maybe, if they leave it to long, it might never come back.....

As long as there are fans out there I believe Star Trek will never die. :D :D

:D

LLAP :borg:

ps what would you have as a new series?

I think that any idea would be good for a new series as mostly it would intitle them making a new ship. What would realy be good is if they made a new ship but had crew members from other series as the main crew. Or if they really wanted they could have a series all about section 31 of starfllet and there secret missions they went though.

god noooooooooo, that would be that awful episdoe red squad from deep space nine over and over and over again................

sorry but no starfleet acadamy please.

880711[/snapback]

Well what would you suggest for a new series then?

:vader:

LLAP :borg:

Attended a 'separate' (non SM) event earlier this year involving virtually all the ST:Enterprise cast. In the cast talk, there was a suggestion of maybe another film in 3-4 years which would then spark off a new series if successful enough.

Personally, I still can't understand why ST: Enterprise was cancelled. The third and fourth series were particularly good and the concept of 'serial style' episodes really worked.

The only series I really could not get into was Deep Space Nine so was not sorry to see that one end. Still, fingers crossed for more Star Trek in the future in whatever shape or form.

I heared that the final Enterprise episode sucked... :angry: I haven't seen it, though - I'm watching season three at the moment.

I say BRING ON THE ACADEMY!!! Lolz. Seriously, I love the sounds of that. It has a lot of promice.

• 2 weeks later...
I heared that the final Enterprise episode sucked... :D I haven't seen it, though - I'm watching season three at the moment.

I say BRING ON THE ACADEMY!!! Lolz. Seriously, I love the sounds of that. It has a lot of promice.

884964[/snapback]

I have to agree cher2a the last episode was not that great as it left it at such a boring part. They could have ended it with a new ship heading of from space dock or something better than archers speach.

I heared that the final Enterprise episode sucked... :lol: I haven't seen it, though - I'm watching season three at the moment.

884964[/snapback]

I have to agree cher2a the last episode was not that great as it left it at such a boring part. They could have ended it with a new ship heading of from space dock or something better than archers speach.

888610[/snapback]

It ended on a SPEACH?! Oh, blooming heck! Lol.

There has been 5 Shows and 10 Movies in the past 39 years I wouldn't mind having a little break....

889597[/snapback]

:P Grrrr... :o

Admittedly, though, they're both pretty good numbers! :blink: Lolz.

But what about a fourtieth Anniversary comeback? :lol:

From a fairly offical con I went to earlier in the year it sounded as if they had no idea what to do in terms of either a series or new film.

I think they would be best served leaving it for a while and not rush out a new series. Enterprise in theory was a good idea but it just didnt work.

A Section 31 series might be good but I think a SF Academy seires would just end up like Hollyoaks or The OC in space.

the problem with enterprise is it was cancelled when it was getting good. just finished watching S4 yesterday and everything was kinda cramed in the end to try and get a finishing point... which i agree, was not great. anyway, I'm missing Star Trek but I really don't know where they could take it now, to keep things fresh and interesting

• 4 weeks later...

:pyth: I don't know what to expect and I do not think anyone at Paramount does either, as mentioned previously. The idea of a series that unites all the next gen era peeps, has been mooted but Marina mentioned that the cast members would all be too expensive.

I think we will just have to wait a year or so.:o

• 4 weeks later...

:borg: I Say Another Film :borg:

Make Another Star Trek Movie With Patrick Stewert As Captain Jean Luc PicardHe Is Amazing!

Another Film Also For Voyager, I Know That The Last One Was ENDGAME, But Maybe The Film Could Be About They Could Have A Reunion (Excuse Sp.) And They Have To Travell Back To The Delta Quadrent To Save The Federation!

What Do You Want To See

Make It So.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Enterprise was just gaining speed - I'd say it got good-ish in Season 3 and then really took off in Season 4, but sadly some things just aren't meant to be!

Personally I would watch Marina Sirtis and Jonathan Frakes's idea for a sitcom about the Rikers, lol, but I don't know how popular that would be...

I would quite like to see another show on a ship, but I think they should tip the scales a bit and have more women crewmembers. It's ridiculous that Star Trek, despite the fact that it's supposed to be so progressive and stuff, still only had two female regulars in their latest show, one of whom was an incredibly promising character who was pretty much sidelined because she didn't wear a skin-tight catsuit...

Or, if not a ship show, something more in the vein of DS9, but different somehow. I liked DS9 for the community feeling that it had - you felt like the characters had real lives outside of their adventures, even if they weren't the main focus. Maybe something set on another kind of space station?

Or maybe even a West Wing kind of thing for Starfleet Command...