New Games Consoles

Moriarwen

Which console are you most likely to buy?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which console are you most likely to buy?

• Nintendo Duel Screen (DS)
    • PlayStation Portable (PSP)
    • Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Revolution
    • Playstation 3
    • I Don't Want To Get One!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how long it will take before they get chipped, theres already some working ISO's for the PSP, Ape Escape, Smart Bomb etc.

They said the Gamecube couldnt be done, it took a while, but Ive got my Gamecube Viper chipped with a case mod to take full size CDs..

Well I'm getting the 360, ps3 and the psp. Maybe getting the Nintendo. Games room wouldn't be complete with out everything... would it?

Wow and I thought I was loaded!

Ha ha, I just know how to spend money wisely.

Well I'm getting the 360, ps3 and the psp. Maybe getting the Nintendo. Games room wouldn't be complete with out everything... would it?

Indeed!

Yeah fair play, I said to myself that id start off with one console, which was the PS2, now ive ended up with an Xbox and Gamecube, Ill probably do the same when the new three are out

Indeed!

Going to see what I can pick up in NY this september too. Really want a Creative Neeon. (yes spelt with 2 'e's). I'm just an electronics and gadget fiend! I can't get enough lol

Indeed!

Going to see what I can pick up in NY this september too. Really want a Creative Neeon. (yes spelt with 2 'e's). I'm just an electronics and gadget fiend! I can't get enough lol

Oo, SWEET! :lol:

Errr Xbox all the way...but I won't buy it straight away!! People who hate Xbox's are fools.

lol, I have a strong distaste for xbox?

does that make me a fool?

:D:P:P

Yes.

:o

Errr Xbox all the way...but I won't buy it straight away!! People who hate Xbox's are fools.

lol, I have a strong distaste for xbox?

does that make me a fool?

:lol::lol::lol:

Awww..well I'll say a little bit... ;):o

The Xbox is far superior and more powerful than the PS2...nuff said...there's no reason to hate it. :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

360, because of a few games, PS3 because of the sheer power... i voted 360 :D

rocky - certainly, to get full benifit of a PS3, you'll need HDTV, but i dunno if it requires it...

but then, to get full benifit of the 360, you need HDTV, and the same for even gettin full benifit of regular TV in the near future... analouge is goin out

rocky - certainly, to get full benifit of a PS3, you'll need HDTV, but i dunno if it requires it...

but then, to get full benifit of the 360, you need HDTV, and the same for even gettin full benifit of regular TV in the near future... analouge is goin out

Thanks Keeper, its a tricky one, I dont know whether to get a HDTV now, or wait and see how the PS3 works out with a normal tv first!

Thanks Keeper, its a tricky one, I dont know whether to get a HDTV now, or wait and see how the PS3 works out with a normal tv first!

i'd wait, if it doesn't work well then you can always get HDTV later :D

Good thinking, although it will be at the back of my mind all the time now, everytime I see TV's on sale I will be tempted to buy a HDTV lol

Good thinking, although it will be at the back of my mind all the time now, everytime I see TV's on sale I will be tempted to buy a HDTV lol

:D

the alternative is buying both, but i'm guessing that you'd not be able to afford it? otherwise you wouldn't need to wonder!! :D

realisticly, its likely to take years for HDTV to be implemented anywhere near fully on TV stations... so you're not likely to be missin anythin if you don't get it :D

:D

the alternative is buying both, but i'm guessing that you'd not be able to afford it? otherwise you wouldn't need to wonder!! :D

realisticly, its likely to take years for HDTV to be implemented anywhere near fully on TV stations... so you're not likely to be missin anythin if you don't get it :D

Money is not an issue at all, I am always in two minds about these kind of things, I just wondered if it was essential to have HDTV in order to use a PS3!

• Moderators

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

That's some info about the PS3, might be helpful. Considering there's not really been any confirmation about the PS3 UK release regarding the two models etc, it's hard to say about the HD stuff. Only the higher version of the PS3 appears to actually support it, and that looks like the version we're getting.

It's certainly not JUST got an HDMI connection though. Depends how bothered you are about having High Def. I'd rather spend the money on something else personally, but others love it.