Forum get together Saturday night

Too Tall

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nearer to 2 mile than a mile away from the IBIS..... The AA Route Planner reckons it takes 8 minutes to drive but walking will take a damn sight longer :lol:

It's about the same distance as the other pub though. and it's a Wetherspoons.

Maybe some taxis needed, but there is nothing closer really. Apart from the Ibis bar and as I say that'll be expensive.

It'll be good for anyone staying in the Novatel though. It's only about 300m away :rolleyes:

Well, I didn't mean to suggest that the venue need changing (what with me being unable to come anyway).

Looking at the Wetherspoons website, the suggest venue is

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubfinder/d...utletNumber=308

and can be found at

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=W6%200QU

basically it's between Hammersmith Broadway (to the east) and Ravenscourt Park (to the west) tubes on the District Line.

There is a slightly closer Wetherspoons: The William Morris

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubfinder/d...utletNumber=309

which is right at the Hammersmith Broadway end of King Street:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=W6%200QA

(that may be a little busier - that end of King Street always is)

No, you won't really want to walk from Earl's Court to Hammersmith (and certainly not back after a skinful of ale!) but taxis may be OK, and the tube is fine.

King Street has lots of pubs, if one gets busy (The Builders, on the south side of King Street and slightly west of King's Mall was also always reasonably priced and not noisy).

As you move west along King Street around the Ravenscourt Park area there are several Indian restaurants should you be inclined for a post-bevvy curry.

And yeah, it's Saturday night in London - any pub in the Fulham/Earl's Court/Hammersmith area will be busy (unless it's a really absolute cr*phole!)

was i one of the four, TT? cus you know it wont be a party withought Rb there!  ^_^  :lol:  can we come in skimpy costumes?  :rolleyes:

Of course it wouldn't be a party without you! :lol:

And for you, Rb, skimpy costumes are a requirement!!! :D

You staying in the Ibis too?

Edited by Nebitt!!

• Showmasters Admin

VENUE CHANGE AGAIN, SORRY

Sorry guys, but having thought about it, the Wetherspoons is a great idea but it is just too far away.

I've found a pub that is just opposite the event venue, so is only about 10 minute walk for most of us to get to.

Tournament, The

344-346 Old Brompton Road

LONDON

SW5 9JU

More info HERE

It also has an outside seating area too, for if it's a nice weekend.

TommyT - Thanks for the info as always. I know you weren't suggesting a change. As you'll see I've changed it again anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

I think they're trying to say something Sarah  :wub:

Gretna Green's not in London though is it  :unsure:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh purleeeeze!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm not ready to be best man yet and you're not doing it without me!!! :P

You mean you haven't written that best mans speech yet :rolleyes:

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin
was i one of the four, TT? cus you know it wont be a party withought Rb there!  :lol:  :lol:  can we come in skimpy costumes?  :unsure:

Of course it wouldn't be a party without you! :rolleyes:

And for you, Rb, skimpy costumes are a requirement!!! :wub:

You're right mate...

no Rb = no party :rolleyes:

Edited by Too Tall

was i one of the four, TT? cus you know it wont be a party withought Rb there!  :lol:  :lol:  can we come in skimpy costumes?  :unsure:

Of course it would be a party without you! :rolleyes:

And for you, Rb, skimpy costumes are a requirement!!! :P

You're right mate...

no Rb = no party :rolleyes:

I third that! :wub:

And I second "skimpy costumes are a requirement" for Rb! Lolz.

• Showmasters Admin

I've just checked and the Tournament aren't too busy on a Saturday night so will have space for us.

They also do food UP UNTIL 8pm. So if you want, you can get there early and eat, if not, don't forget to eat first :unsure:

*waves at Nebitt* B)
Nebitt waves back.  :headscratch:

Don't worry Sah we won't forget you!  Somehow I don't think we'd be allowed to anyway, unless the pair of them decide to elope without us!    :blink:

awww thankies! :blink: re: lovebirds (;)), hehe!!! :wub:

guess it's a good thing your mrs and I are room sharing!!! hehe!! ;)

(surfy sah)

First Sah with the Mrs....

hehe! just teasin' dude! :P

VENUE CHANGE AGAIN, SORRY

Sorry guys, but having thought about it, the Wetherspoons is a great idea but it is just too far away...

The Tournament...

no worries, it is quite far really! stumbling distance is allll gooood, spesh for the peeps crewing Sunday!

here's a ***MAP*** for anyone like myself who doesn't know the area ;) typed in the postcode from the link Too Tall (Stuart) posted so that is the exact location!

according to a link Stuart sent me yesterday, the IBIS is at the junction of the (yellow) North End Road and the (pink) Old Brompton Road, so just west of the arrow!

for everyone's info: the far right (green) EARL'S COURT ROAD has a Sainsburys, Boots, Chinese, pubs and newsagents etc (for anyone who wants to grad a cheap drink before the pub or a bite to eat or some choccy!!! etc!)

cu all there! :wub:

Luv sah xx

(surfy sah)

gwwwd! all that formatting took me half hour! hehe!!!

I'll might come along, i'll need something to take my mind off the fact that i'll be homeless as of the 23rd June, unless iby some mircile i find some lovely people to move in with south of the river!

The last time I did a forum meet was way back when we met at the trocodero centre, plus i havent been on the boards for ages due to very busy new job so i've got some catching up to do!

I'll might come along, i'll need something to take my mind off the fact that i'll be homeless as of the 23rd June, unless iby some mircile i find some lovely people to move in with south of the river!

The last time I did a forum meet was way back when we met at the trocodero centre, plus i havent been on the boards for ages due to very busy new job so i've got some catching up to do!

*Pat, pat*. I hope it all works out! Aw - you went to the Tracadero? Kwl :P Did you go on the Pepsi Max? They closed it down, now, though... Meh.

And no worries - we all have rough times sometimes. You'll get through in the end...

Anyways, hope to see you there, dude! :lol:

thanks, shouldnt be too bad but hopefully i'll get it sorted out soon. Sadly never went on the pepsi max, but i did go in there the other day and play on this machine where you had to hold out this sword towards the screen and slice up zombies, very cool, although at 24 i should really be doing other things with my saturday lol

but i did go in there the other day and play on this machine where you had to hold out this sword towards the screen and slice up zombies, very cool, although at 24 i should really be doing other things with my saturday lol

No way, dude! No better way of spending a Saturday! ;)

Aw, man - I wish I'd been there! I'd've thrashed you ^_^ Hehe.

although at 24 i should really be doing other things with my saturday lol

no way im 23 and that sounds like the greatest game ever invented!!! after san andreas of course

Of course ;)

GTA:SA roooox! *Wishes she had a games console*... *Sigh*... Must... Visit... Mate's... House... Play... SA... Now! Lolz. I wish ^_^

Of course

GTA:SA roooox! *Wishes she had a games console*... *Sigh*... Must... Visit... Mate's... House... Play... SA... Now! Lolz. I wish

completed it now after about 4 months!! couldn't believe how much there was to do on it!!!

oh it is def worth the playstation 2 price alone just for that game!

Of course

GTA:SA roooox! *Wishes she had a games console*... *Sigh*... Must... Visit... Mate's... House... Play... SA... Now! Lolz. I wish

completed it now after about 4 months!! couldn't believe how much there was to do on it!!!

oh it is def worth the playstation 2 price alone just for that game!

I know! I need me one of those "job" things that I keep hearing about.. Lolz!